woman tries to cash fake million dollar bill at Walmart

I wonder what she was trying to purchase. Maybe she was at her wit's end and couldn't feed her family and was desperate??? Of course, if she was trying to be electronic equipment I have no compassion for her.

LP Moderator said:
I wonder what she was trying to purchase. Maybe she was at her wit's end and couldn't feed her family and was desperate??? Of course, if she was trying to be electronic equipment I have no compassion for her.

Hey DP did you read the part where the USA does not make a 1 Million dollar bil?? Now that tells you how smart this one was. About as bright as a two watt bulb in a bucket of mud ya think? :D

JDB said:
Hey DP did you read the part where the USA does not make a 1 Million dollar bil?? Now that tells you how smart this one was. About as bright as a two watt bulb in a bucket of mud ya think? :D

Yeah, I guess I thought we all KNEW already that the treasury doesn't make those bills. LOL I hate to think she's desperate and just trying to feed her family, but something tells me that it was Nintendo in that shopping cart!

I heard on the news this morning that she was trying to buy $1600 worth of merchandise. It would be hard to believe that is all food.

I don't understand why she was charged with Forgery.... was she printing these things herself??

Elle Kaye said:
I heard on the news this morning that she was trying to buy $1600 worth of merchandise. It would be hard to believe that is all food.

That's a BIGGGGG shopping cart. :eek:

Not to sound rude but who in this world would actually believe that it was real. I hate using 100's and 50's because the cashiers stare at them.

The largest bill they have now is the $100. I thought it was pretty common knowledge. I saw this woman's mug shot on the news last night. She did look pretty clueless.

Big-bill bearer: Just a mistake

Alice Pike, the woman who gained national attention with her fake $1 million bill, says it's all a big misunderstanding.

In an interview Wednesday from the Newton County Jail, Pike said she never intended to use the fake money to try to buy $1,671.55 in clothes from a Covington Wal-Mart.

But she did think the bill was real.

"You can't keep up with the U.S. Treasury [Department]," said Pike, 35, of Porterdale.

When she was arrested Friday, Pike told police she got the money — which turned out to be a novelty bill that can be bought at a gag shop — from her estranged husband, a coin collector.

Pike said she tried to buy the clothes — T-shirts, shoes, beachwear, beach bags and other items — with two Wal-Mart cards.

But the cashier told Pike she had only a total of $2.32 credit available.

That's when Pike says she pulled a bill from her purse with the image of the Statue of Liberty in the center and "1,000,000" on each corner.

"All I've got is this," Pike recalled telling the cashier.

"I wasn't trying to pass off the bill," said Pike. "That's ridiculous."

Wal-Mart, however, offered a different version.

Store management said Pike tried to pay for the items with the fake money and even asked for change, according to a Covington Police Department report.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/0304/11fakebill.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back