GUILTY MI - Tara Grant, 34, slain, dismembered, Washington Twp, 9 Feb 2007

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
A 34-year-old Washington Township woman has been reported missing since Feb. 9, according to a news release from the Macomb County Sheriff's Office.

Police said Tara Lynn Grant was last seen at the family's residence in Washington Township during the evening hours of Feb. 9. Her family said they have had no contact with her, and she seems to have just disappeared.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11033275/detail.html

It sounds like they already think that she is dead and are getting the dental records for when she is found. I wonder what we will hear about the husband. Did she want a divorce....did he have a girlfriend and wanted out of the marriage but not by way of a divorce...did she have a big insurance policy that would go to him...were they in debt? I wonder if they had any kids?

Sounds to me like another husband that wanted his wife out of the way. Don't they ever learn that they do end up getting caught and spending the rest of their lives in prison. It is just so stupid :banghead: :furious:

mistivon said:
As investigators continue searching for a missing 34-year-old Washington Township woman, an attorney for her husband said a private detective is also on the case.

Tara Lynn Grant, 34, argued with her husband over too many business trips and left her home late Feb. 9, said attorney David Griem, retained by Stephen Grant.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070217/NEWS04/70217016/1048/SPORTS

I've heard that story before too. They had an argument and she took off. She just walked out the door and vanished into thin air....you bet she did.

Steven Grant of Washington Township has refused to submit to a polygraph to answer questions about his missing wife, 34-year-old Tara Lynn Grant, based on the advice of his attorney, David Griem, according to police and the attorney.

Macomb County Sheriff's investigators say they are not assuming foul play and the husband is not accused of anything.

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/022007/loc_20070220004.shtml

After making the report, Grant permitted an evidence technician into his house. The technician snapped a photo of a scratch on his nose that authorities noticed while conversing with him. He says he and his wife didn't scuffle during their confrontation and that he got the scratch working at his family's machine shop.

On Feb. 15, the day after he made the report, Stephen Grant was pulled over by three Sheriff's cars. What followed put a damper on his relationship with investigators.

Griem said deputies used "cowboy tactics" by arresting his client Thursday on a traffic violation. He says Grant was held in Macomb County Jail for more than six hours and detectives tried to interrogate him about his wife.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070220/NEWS04/70220056/1014/BUSINESS01

oh boy:

E-mail transcript

The following is a partial transcript of e-mails sent from Steve Grant to a self-described ex-girlfriend during one 90-minute period on Jan. 25. The e-mails are transcribed in the order in which they were obtained by The News, not the order of their time stamps, which are in parentheses.
Grant (10:38): I hope you keep at the nursing thing. You never know when I might need a sponge bath...if you want to practice let me know!
Ex-girlfriend (10:45): You are married. You shouldn't talk like that. How would you feel if Tear-ah was talking like that to the old Geezer?
Grant (11:43): I was only being helpful with the offer to be a test subject. I know they often draw blood from each other, etc. I was just being supportive not dirty. I don't care about being married, I never have...It is that no conscience thing I think!
Ex-girlfriend (11:50): You have not changed a bit. Don't you worry about being burned eternally by the devil? Why did you get married in the first place? Seemed like the cool thing to do?
Grant (11:58): The answers in order are NO, Love, and No. I think you misunderstood though, I like being married. I just think of marriage vows like speed limits. Sometimes you have to break them, and sometimes you get caught. You just need to keep an eye on the road to avoid detection.
Ex-girlfriend (10:49): So what are you going to do about the cheatin' wife? I am so frickn' bored today.
Grant (11:53): Don't know yet. By the way -- she does talk to the "old geezer" like that...that is the problem. Actually, never that direct. Everyone is not as subtle as me. The problem is she says things in code. And because of that, I don't know what is actually going on. Also, and I thought I told you this, about two years ago, she did the same thing with some guy she used to know. Nothing physical, just txt and email and phone callsI know what you think, I just don't know if it was physical, but I do. The magic of intercepted email and phone calls. (A mutual friend) is a Vice President at a computer company and one of his techs helped out a bit if you know what I mean. Straight up NSA (expletive) if you get my drift...Actually he had some software...OTC stuff... U can buy at Comp USA that did the trick. It just sounds cooler the other way! If you are soooo bored, I am still in need of some excitment in my day...wink wink! Tara flew to London yesterday till Friday night and I am all alone with no one to play with.
Grant (12:05): (By the way) I do want to see you naked. Naked women are always good to see. Especially if you haven't seen them in a while. Photos are nice but a private modelling session would always be preferable.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070221/METRO/702210384/1003

this is getting to be like a soap opera:

MOUNT CLEMENS -- Police questioned two co-workers who were said to have had affairs with Tara Lynn Grant, but both men denied any involvement with the missing woman.

Grant, 34, has been missing since Feb. 9, when she left her Washington Township home. Police said she had an argument that night with her husband, Stephen Grant, over her frequent business trips abroad.

Stephen Grant did not tell police he suspected his wife was having an affair. However, a series of e-mails between Stephen Grant and his ex-girlfriend obtained Tuesday by The Detroit News indicate he thought Tara Lynn was having an affair with a co-worker.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070221/UPDATE/702210440

Well I hate to say it, but when her body turns up, then hopefully he will then be charged.

Or when LE finds evidence of a crime..........

This circumstances of this case, just sounds much too familiar to end happily.

CyberLaw said:
Well I hate to say it, but when her body turns up, then hopefully he will then be charged.

Or when LE finds evidence of a crime..........

This circumstances of this case, just sounds much too familiar to end happily.

I couldn't agree more. What is this...the third woman recently who had a fight with her husband and just walked out the door never to be seen again?

It also sounds to me like the husband is trying to make it sound like the wife was quite something. That just burns me up. In the meantime he is emailing back and forth to an ex-girlfriend. Wonder if there is a current one too!

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said today that deputies would take advantage of warmer temperatures predicted for this weekend to launch a search for Tara Grant, 34, who has been missing since Feb. 9.

Deputies on bicycle and horseback and in off-road vehicles will search a cordoned-off area. The sheriff declined to say where the search would be conducted.

"We'll canvass a certain area this weekend. If someone put her some place, there's going to be a thaw this weekend and it will be easier to look," he said at a news conference.

Hackel also asked citizens to help authorities in their search.

"We've asked people to look in wooded areas like Stony Creek Park, and if they see anything to call us," he said.
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070222/UPDATE/702220437

It doesn't sound too good....this story is even being aired out here in MA. He mentioned that she was picked up in a car at the end of the drive way -- can anyone else corroborate that? If she was having an affair that is certainly not good but what if he is just paranoid and reading more into so-called 'codes'. Also, does he work? What if he decided to beat her to a divorce decision? No house problems, no alimony, no child support? If he has nothing to hide, then why no polygraph?

Authorities said that Stephen Grant did not bring a third personal computer that was used for family purposes. Also, authorities said another laptop that Tara Grant used most often is missing

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070223/NEWS04/70223031/1162/BLOG01

uh, yeah, don't bring the important laptop, k?

Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said today he believed actions by Stephen Grant, whose wife has been missing for two weeks, are "suspect" because of what Hackel said were discrepancies in information Grant told authorities.

"He's not a suspect, but his actions are suspect," Hackel said at a press conference this morning.

Early this afternoon, Grant delivered two older laptops to investigators at the Macomb County Sheriff's Office in Mount Clemens, sheriff's officials said. But Hackel said he believes Tara Grant's laptop is still at the Grant home.

Tara Grant, 34, of Washington Township, a mother of two, has been missing since Feb. 9. Her husband reported her missing on Feb. 14.

Hackel said there were discrepancies between what Stephen Grant told police and what investigators have learned. The sheriff said Stephen Grant said he heard his wife say on the phone that she would be "out in a minute" before she went outside and got into dark-colored sedan. But Hackel said a check of phone records showed no calls were made from the house at that time.

Hackel announced Thursday that he would launch a search for Tara Grant this weekend. He said as many as 150 searchers would fan out in Stony Creek Metro Park in Shelby Township and near the Grant's home. The search was expected to last about four to six hours, he said

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070223/UPDATE/702230441

Hackel said Stephen Grant still is not communicating with investigators and therefore his assistance in the search would only be a hindrance.

“He keeps portraying himself as a suspect, that puts us in a weird situation,” Hackel said. “We don’t need him there, unless he happens to know where she is at.”

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070223/NEWS05/70223026/1036/ENT01

Maybe the husband will show up for the search and just happen to find her out there somewhere like some other husbands have done.

He won't bring in the computer that is supposed to have the emails to the "old geezer" on it? The husband is probably the only old geezer in her life!
I'd like to know if he has a new girlfriend. Seems that most of them do when they have a wife that goes missing.

Sounds like the husband is trying to get people to feel sorry for him...blaming everything on his wife....she was cheating on the computer...affairs with two co-workers that didn't know anything about the affairs....LE are treating him like a suspect... :boohoo:

The Macomb County Sheriff's office wrapped up its search at Stony Creek Metropark for clues in Tara Grant's disappearance shortly after 12:30 p.m. Saturday.

"It was a pretty extensive search; we didn't find anything," Sheriff Mark Hackel said. "We are going to continue on looking at other potential leads. We are keeping an eye on what is going on. This is a 24-hour operation."

He said they will keep her family informed of any developments.

The 34-year-old Macomb County woman has been missing for two weeks.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070225/METRO/702250325/1003

It seems all you have to do is change the names and some of these cases are practically identical. So very sad she's out there......somewhere.

New Details Emerge In Disappearance of Tara Lynn Grant

There have been new developments in the investigation into the disappearance of 34-year-old Tara Lynn Grant. According to the Macomb County Sheriff's Department, they are examining a series of e-mail messages they received from a woman claiming to be an ex-girlfriend of Stephen Grant.

Yesterday, The Detroit News published a partial transcript of e-mails Grant allegedly exchanged on January 25 with his ex-girlfriend, whom authorities have chosen not to identify. It has not been made clear if the timestamps are a.m. or p.m. :

Grant (10:38): I hope you keep at the nursing thing. You never know when I might need a sponge bath...if you want to practice let me know!

Ex-girlfriend (10:45): You are married. You shouldn't talk like that. How would you feel if Tear-ah was talking like that to the old Geezer?

Ex-girlfriend (10:49): So what are you going to do about the cheatin' wife? I am so frickn' bored today.

Grant (11:43): I was only being helpful with the offer to be a test subject. I know they often draw blood from each other, etc. I was just being supportive not dirty. I don't care about being married, I never have...It is that no conscience thing I think!

Ex-girlfriend (11:50): You have not changed a bit. Don't you worry about being burned eternally by the devil? Why did you get married in the first place? Seemed like the cool thing to do?

Grant (11:53): Don't know yet. By the way — she does talk to the "old geezer" like that...that is the problem. Actually, never that direct. Everyone is not as subtle as me. The problem is she says things in code. And because of that, I don't know what is actually going on. Also, and I thought I told you this, about two years ago, she did the same thing with some guy she used to know. Nothing physical, just txt and email and phone calls. I know what you think, I just don't know if it was physical, but I do. The magic of intercepted email and phone calls. (A mutual friend) is a Vice President at a computer company and one of his techs helped out a bit if you know what I mean. Straight up NSA (expletive) if you get my drift...Actually he had some software...OTC stuff... U can buy at Comp USA that did the trick. It just sounds cooler the other way! If you are soooo bored, I am still in need of some excitment in my day...wink wink! Tara flew to London yesterday till Friday night and I am all alone with no one to play with.

Grant (11:58): The answers in order are NO, Love, and No. I think you misunderstood though, I like being married. I just think of marriage vows like speed limits. Sometimes you have to break them, and sometimes you get caught. You just need to keep an eye on the road to avoid detection.

Grant (12:05): (By the way) I do want to see you naked. Naked women are always good to see. Especially if you haven't seen them in a while. Photos are nice but a private modelling session would always be preferable.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0207/2202_tara_grant2.html

Grant kept trying to turn the conversation back around to sexual topics. Typical internet behavior of many men who are online. Probably the only reason they are online to begin with. Maybe the story of Tara's affairs were to gain sympathy from the other woman so that she would engage in cyber sex. Did Grant tell anyone else that he thought Tara was having an affair?

I just found out about this case tonite on NG. After reading what I've been able to find here on WS and online, IMHO, this computer conversation was 'premeditation' to set-up she was a cheating wife who took off with her lover.

He didn't report her missing for how many days?

The 'supposed' lovers deny their involvement with her except professionally.

The computer she 'alledgedly' communicated to with her lover is missing.

There's no phone records that she used the phone that night as the husband said she had.

The 'former friend' who he talked to about his wife's alledged infidelities hadn't heard from him for years, and voila! He starts talking about his wife cheating and a couple of weeks later she disappears.

He refuses a polygraph....................

He has gotten an attorney and STOPPED communicating with LE.

With all of these missing 'wives' we've seen, does this sound familiar?

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070224/METRO/702240383/1003

Tara, left, and her sister, Alicia, were cheerleaders in high school

OhMyGosh!

These guys TRY to change the story, but it always turns out to be the same-o-same-o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the husband is jealous of the wife and their bubbly personality and accomplishments, the husband feels inferior, the husband doesn't want to be married anymore, the wife disappears.

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82