An Arrest?

Arrest Made?

• Yes there will be an arrest for what happened to Stacy.

Votes: 17 17.7%
  • Yes there will be an arrest for Kathleens death.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • There will be an arrest for both Stacy and Kathleens death.

Votes: 69 71.9%
  • There will never be enough evidence to make an arrest.

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vegas Bride

Reaction score
Every day I hope to hear the word about an arrest made in this case, so far that hasn't happened?
Will there be justice for Stacy and Kathleen?
Will the perpetrator manage to weasel out of it or be forced to face the music?

VB

It just seems like there is more and more info every day. I think it is bound to result in an arrest. Hoping and praying that it will be very soon!

I did not vote because I really don't know which to chose.
It is frustrating to see DP walking free right now, and we need some type of provision to keep innocent children from being forced to live with their parent's killer. They are not safe with him. He is not capable of nurture, and that is what they need.

The good thing is that as long as he is not under arrest, Drew Peterson and his fool of a lawyer continue to babble their way to prison for Drew. If arrested I'll bet he will clam up...if he is capable of keeping his mouth shut, which is questionable.

It just seems like there is more and more info every day. I think it is bound to result in an arrest. Hoping and praying that it will be very soon!
The ONLY thing delaying an arrest is right now the case is listed as a POTENTIAL homicide. I'm certain they are hoping to find a body soon so the can make and arrest. Otherwise there is a huge burden on the prosecution to prove beyond a resonable doubt that there was a murder. I'm sure once this is proven, it will be a slam dunk who did it.

Everyday I'm also becoming more upset that there's no arrest. We know there's no perfect crime but just look at Michelle Young - no arrest there yet. Have they stopped investigating and just gone on to another crime? Will this happen to Stacey? Will this happen to Kathleen? Here is DP, strutting around like he owns the world and his wife is missing....I'm telling myself not to give up hope but is LE connecting the dots?,,,I would like DP arrested....forced to defend himself at the cost of tons of money and be left destitute. Forced to sell his motorcycle, plane, and house. That is the least of my Christmas wishes. The other is, of course, found guilty, if the facts support the case (which I think they do).:banghead: :banghead:

I think there will be an arrest for both Stacy and Kathleen. It pains me to no end to watch that man (on TV). His smugness and the way he smirks to the media cameras reminds me so much of Scooter Peterson.

Sadly I think it's been too long in the Savio case. I do think he will get nailed for Stacy's murder eventually, but not tomorrow. I wish!

There won't be an arrest on either case for awhile, imo. They want to take all the time they need to keep searching for Stacy's body before they proceed...however, when the snow begins to fall in earnest and the weather is going to leave them twiddling their thumbs until spring to search again...we might see them go ahead with the case. They would much prefer to wait until they have her body tho.

Kathleen's nephew stated the family had not been called to testify yet to the GJ. We know the case at hand right now is about Stacy.

They are going to have ALL their ducks in a row on Kathleen's case because they DO have a body. They have no reason to rush on it either.

I'm pretty hopeful - these deaths surrounding DP are just too coincidental, and I think eventually Stacy's body will be found.

In the case of his third wife - yeah, I think he will be charged, and even found guilty based on the second autopsy.

It may take a long time, but this guy is toast. ;) Heck, there may also be other skeletons in the closet, and he could be charged with even more disappearances or deaths.

I'm pretty hopeful - these deaths surrounding DP are just too coincidental, and I think eventually Stacy's body will be found.

In the case of his third wife - yeah, I think he will be charged, and even found guilty based on the second autopsy.

It may take a long time, but this guy is toast. ;) Heck, there may also be other skeletons in the closet, and he could be charged with even more disappearances or deaths.
Have you see the thread here called, "The Trail of Bodies..."? The list keeps growing. How can one man have that many people directly surrounding him either go missing, die of homicide or unusual circumstances?!

I agree there will be an arrest in both cases, but not for awhile. I think they want to have all their i's dotted and their t's crossed. They do not want any mistakes in these cases. Sadly, I don't think he will be convicted though for Kathy's murder. I think it is too long and not enough evidence linking him to it. I do however think Stacy will be found and he will be convicted of her death.

With Kathleen's murder, the evidence will come with the 18 calls to her home, the timing of the upcoming division of property, the life insurance policies, and various pieces of circumstantial evidence through interviews with her family and his children.

The clergyman's testimony could come into play, but without Stacy to cross-examine on the stand...maybe not. They will have to get a clear ruling on whether or not this testimony is allowed in trial.

According to the weather report, it looks like the Bolingbrook are could get it's first winter storm later today. The storm is already shut down airports in Iowa with sleet and ice. So the weather may shut down further searching after today.

I have a question for everyone. Although I now live on the west coast, I'm originally from the northeast. I remember that freezing water - ice has an affect on different materials. I'm assuming that the plastic container is in water. If Stacy is in a plastic container and that container is exposed to freezing water and ice, won't the plastic become brittle and start falling apart, exposing her body?

Another question for those who live in the Chicago area. Do the canals and waterways that are currently being searched freeze in the winter?

Great point, Leila!! The plastic would turn hard and crack!! I don't know the answer about the water freezing and such, but I like the way you think!

If they have extreme cold weather yes, the rivers and lakes do freeze and all it takes is a few days if the wind is blowing hard off of Lake Michigan it puts the temperatures below zero.

Yes - I think DP will be arrested for both murders, however, I believe that DP will be arrested first on charges of KS's death and then SP's case.

With Kathleen's murder, the evidence will come with the 18 calls to her home, the timing of the upcoming division of property, the life insurance policies, and various pieces of circumstantial evidence through interviews with her family and his children.

The clergyman's testimony could come into play, but without Stacy to cross-examine on the stand...maybe not. They will have to get a clear ruling on whether or not this testimony is allowed in trial.

Despite the clergyman's honesty, I think it would be difficult to convict Drew on what Stacy told him. Stacy probably gave an honest statement, but the defense would tear this apart as hearsay.

If Stacy knew Drew killed his wife, why would she stay with a murderer? Can anyone imagine keeping quiet if their spouse told them they killed someone?

Despite the clergyman's honesty, I think it would be difficult to convict Drew on what Stacy told him. Stacy probably gave an honest statement, but the defense would tear this apart as hearsay.

If Stacy knew Drew killed his wife, why would she stay with a murderer? Can anyone imagine keeping quiet if their spouse told them they killed someone?

Because you are a scared pregnant 17yr old girl with no mom and your 47 yr old cop boyfriend who just murdered a woman tells you to keep quiet and he will take care of you because if you tell he will take your baby and leave you on the street or in jail or dead?

Susan

Plus, the clergyman didn't even go to police with this statement. His testimony will be torn apart as well.

Maybe, on one level, she thought that Drew told her this story just to scare her and maybe he really didn't murder her. No one would believe that his/her spouse is actually capable of murder. I can tell you that if my spouse told me that he actually murdered his last wife, I don't know what I would think. It just wouldn't compute. However, I am now old enough (much older than Stacey) to stick around and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Being married to a crooked cop has to be a person's WORST nightmare! Who could you turn to? Kathleen's death is a prime example that you couldn't expect anyone to help you.

[/b]

Because you are a scared pregnant 17yr old girl with no mom and your 47 yr old cop boyfriend who just murdered a woman tells you to keep quiet and he will take care of you because if you tell he will take your baby and leave you on the street or in jail or dead?

Susan
I don't think Drew told Stacy until July/August. She may have suspected it all along, but I believe he was angry and said this during one of their fights when she told him she wanted things to change (as per her email to Steve, the friend of her sister Tina).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back