Police Misconduct??

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
After the commercial on Studio B with Shepard Smith, he is going to be covering the case, esp mentioned Drew's police misconduct!

This is just a heads up and the thread may be deleted!

Shep just mentioned that DP is accused of abuse of powers, while a law enforcement officer.

Then he brought up the blue barrel, and Drew allegedly trying to get a trucker to transport it, which Shep was not really up to par on, since he'd been sick all weekend.

The former NYPD officer that Shep had on as a guest said he would think that finding and verifying that story and finding the salt and pepper haired guy would be a top priority for investigators at this point.

i'm watching it now..thanks Liz!

yeah, DP ran ID checks thru LE for his own personal use....i have to be honest; i'd say that happens a lot in LE....they have so much access to stuff like that...if they can't do it, they can always get a clerk to do it for them....i worked for the Traffic Bureau for a short period of time, years ago, & i know for a fact, folks could access all kinds of info on people through that office....

This could be what takes his pension away right?

VB

I'll leave this thread up for a little while so anyone who wants can read it. But since there's really nothing new here, I'll delete it after awhile. :)
ETA OOPS ... unless y'all don't want me to.

Shep just mentioned that DP is accused of abuse of powers, while a law enforcement officer.

Then he brought up the blue barrel, and Drew allegedly trying to get a trucker to transport it, which Shep was not really up to par on, since he'd been sick all weekend.

The former NYPD officer that Shep had on as a guest said he would think that finding and verifying that story and finding the salt and pepper haired guy would be a top priority for investigators at this point.

no kidding!...this salt & pepper guy would have to know the scoop, IMO....

Close, I would imagine it is pretty common. But then again, most of those people are not under investigation for the disappearance of their wife!
KWIM???

Yep, Vegas, sure could!

i'm watching it now..thanks Liz!

yeah, DP ran ID checks thru LE for his own personal use....i have to be honest; i'd say that happens a lot in LE....they have so much access to stuff like that...if they can't do it, they can always get a clerk to do it for them....i worked for the Traffic Bureau for a short period of time, years ago, & i know for a fact, folks could access all kinds of info on people through that office....
This is an offense that would get you fired...running checks for personal reasons and not business. It would be great if they could actually prove it. Ijust don't how they will.

This is an offense that would get you fired...running checks for personal reasons and not business. It would be great if they could actually prove it. Ijust don't how they will.

Government agencies (and I imagine LE would too) have employees sign an agreement that they will not use their resources for personal gain of any kind... if your caught you can be fired and/or brought up on charges.

Close, I would imagine it is pretty common. But then again, most of those people are not under investigation for the disappearance of their wife!
KWIM???

Yep, Vegas, sure could!

I guess it would depend upon the integrity of the leadership in the department, but where my hubby works it is a BIG NO-NO.
Someone might get away with it a time or two if no one complained but as soon as it became known the person would be reprimanded, suspended from access to that data, and investigated to see if they were guilty of using that info to commit official oppression, which is a crime.

If an officer had any credibility then pulled something like that I'm sure they would be monitored closely after that, even if they only did it to be nosey but committed no crime.

susan

This was posted about on the Drew Peterson #2 thread earlier today.

SuzieQ posted an ABCNews article and people are discussing it.

Maybe he was accessing this info by logging in from his home pc thinking no one could track it that way. They did seize his computer. That would be proof enough I would think.

If any of the people he ran popped a warrant, then there is a good chance there would be a record of that search. NY State has such a system in place. Its purpose is to alert the agency that issued the warrant or has interest in the person (criminal court, parole officer, another PD, etc.) that someone is investigating their suspect. That way, the original agency can immediately contact the investigator who ideally has the person he is investigating in custody.

The NYPD is constantly firing civilians who use the warrant search system to check on the backgrounds of their new boyfriends/girlfriends. The firing results when the boyfriend/girlfriend pops a warrant, a department alert is auto-generated and then the Department learns that nobody was arrested to satisfy the warrant check. A nice system of checks and balances to prevent abuse. Most PDs do not operate on that level.

A worriesome thought just occured to me. What IF he was researching truckers for past or recent offenses, so that he might be able to approach them about transporting a package and getting something off their record?

Would that even be in the realm of possibilities?

I guess it would depend upon the integrity of the leadership in the department, but where my hubby works it is a BIG NO-NO.Someone might get away with it a time or two if no one complained but as soon as it became known the person would be reprimanded, suspended from access to that data, and investigated to see if they were guilty of using that info to commit official oppression, which is a crime.

If an officer had any credibility then pulled something like that I'm sure they would be monitored closely after that, even if they only did it to be nosey but committed no crime.

susan

yes, it's a big NO-NO, but that's the thing; it's rare anyone ever complains, because THEY might need a 'favor' one day....someone that doesn't like DP is just now spilling the beans over this..wonder why him doing this wasn't reported before now....?

anyway, i'm glad it's happening to him & hopefully this will screw up his retirement $$:D

If any of the people he ran popped a warrant, then there is a good chance there would be a record of that search. NY State has such a system in place. Its purpose is to alert the agency that issued the warrant or has interest in the person (criminal court, parole officer, another PD, etc.) that someone is investigating their suspect. That way, the original agency can immediately contact the investigator who ideally has the person he is investigating in custody.

The NYPD is constantly firing civilians who use the warrant search system to check on the backgrounds of their new boyfriends/girlfriends. The firing results when the boyfriend/girlfriend pops a warrant, a department alert is auto-generated and then the Department learns that nobody was arrested to satisfy the warrant check. A nice system of checks and balances to prevent abuse. Most PDs do not operate on that level.

exactly....most don't

A worriesome thought just occured to me. What IF he was researching truckers for past or recent offenses, so that he might be able to approach them about transporting a package and getting something off their record?

Would that even be in the realm of possibilities?

hmmm, i just don't know Liz...i'm trying to think how he could get a name or a driver's license number to start with....the plate wouldn't help him, i wouldn't think, since these trucker's plates are out of state....i'm thinking:waitasec:

i have no idea...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back