CA - Rapper Pimp C found dead in LA hotel

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Click here for link

LOS ANGELES - Pimp C, one-half of the veteran Houston rap group UGK, was found dead in an upscale hotel on Tuesday. He was 33.
"It is with great regret that I must confirm that Chad Butler aka Pimp C, one half of the legendary UGK, was in fact discovered dead this morning," his publicist, Nancy Byron, said in a statement. "Manager Rick Martin is asking that everyone please respect his family and those close to him at this time and refrain from rumors and innuendo."
Pimp C, born Chad Butler, was found dead in the Mondrian hotel, a longtime music-industry hangout.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I am so sorry to hear about someone losing their life to murder.
I guess I am getting really old because I have no idea who this rapper is in terms of celebrity. RIP.

I guess I am getting really old because I have no idea who this rapper is in terms of celebrity. RIP.
Very dearest Mic,:blowkiss:
Like you, I have no idea who this man is. I saw it on the Yahoo headlines and posted it.

It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths.

Much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Like you, I have no idea who this man is. I saw it on the Yahoo headlines and posted it.

It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths.

dark_shadows

DarkShadows always glad to see you nic! :blowkiss:
It is a shame how many rappers and athletes we lose.

Never heard of him either. However, I looked him up to see how he was murdered. I couldn't find any item that said that he was murdered. Did you have a link?

Articles couldn't agree on his age... some said 33, some said 43.

One article I read was here:

http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/archive/2007/12/04/18962541.aspx

and I continued to read some of the reader comments that followed. Sick and filthy, many of them.

And just think, Don Imus had to apologize???

dark_shadows

Dark Shadows, you know how much I respect you, but the statement above is definitely not fair. There are so very many athletes (and rappers) who do wonderful things but the media doesn't publicize them. We all know that the much of the media thrives on bad news and scare tactics. The sad truth is that feel good stories rarely sell. I used to try and promote the many things NBAers did, and if the media used them at all, it was usually in the living section of newspapers. It was very disheartening to say the least.

By the way, I listen to a lot of rap and I have never heard of this rapper before. However, I have read that the police believe he died of natural causes.

I don't think DS is saying that all rappers and athletes are bad. She's stating what I seem to have noticed as well. They are in the news a lot! I guess between them and Britney there isn't room for all the good news.

Dark Shadows, you know how much I respect you, but the statement above is definitely not fair. There are so very many athletes (and rappers) who do wonderful things but the media doesn't publicize them. We all know that the much of the media thrives on bad news and scare tactics. The sad truth is that feel good stories rarely sell. I used to try and promote the many things NBAers did, and if the media used them at all, it was usually in the living section of newspapers. It was very disheartening to say the least.

By the way, I listen to a lot of rap and I have never heard of this rapper before. However, I have read that the police believe he died of natural causes.
A Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department spokesman said the death is being investigated by its homicide division.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/5351186.html

Dearest Masterj,:blowkiss:
I do not know why my post was miscontrued, this is what I stated "It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths.
I have to wonder where my post was disrespectful. I am confused by your post. I posted the news that I saw and made the comment that I posted which was not a disrespectful comment.
:confused:

dark_shadows

I don't think DS is saying that all rappers and athletes are bad. She's stating what I seem to have noticed as well. They are in the news a lot! I guess between them and Britney there isn't room for all the good news.
My very dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so very much for your post.
This is what I said;
"It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths."
I do not know why my post was taken to be an offense.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Dearest Masterj,:blowkiss:
I do not know why my post was miscontrued, this is what I stated "It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths.
I have to wonder where my post was disrespectful. I am confused by your post. I posted the news that I saw and made the comment that I posted which was not a disrespectful comment.
:confused:

dark_shadows

My very dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:
Thank-you so very much for your post.
This is what I said;
"It seems that Rappers and Athletes have been in the news in the last couple of years for murders, jail terms and untimely deaths."
I do not know why my post was taken to be an offense.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

I guess my point is that lots of other people are in the news all the time for the same offenses, but yet comments are always made about how bad athletes and rappers are (you didn't come out and say this, but I thought the implication was there, if that wasn't what you meant, my apologies). I know you didn't mean any disrespect by your comment and I am actually not offended by it. But I did want to point out that many athletes and rappers do wonderful things all the time, but we don't hear about them that often. Sensationalism sells - that is the bottom line.

mic - thanks for the update. When I posted that last night TMZ was reporting that police said drugs were not involved, he was found on his bed fully clothed and they thought he died of natural causes. I guess someone jumped the gun!

Click here for link

LOS ANGELES - Pimp C, one-half of the veteran Houston rap group UGK, was found dead in an upscale hotel on Tuesday. He was 33.
"It is with great regret that I must confirm that Chad Butler aka Pimp C, one half of the legendary UGK, was in fact discovered dead this morning," his publicist, Nancy Byron, said in a statement. "Manager Rick Martin is asking that everyone please respect his family and those close to him at this time and refrain from rumors and innuendo."
Pimp C, born Chad Butler, was found dead in the Mondrian hotel, a longtime music-industry hangout.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Mic, where do you get that he was murdered? :waitasec:

Junior High and High School would not have been the same without 2Pac and Dr. Dre. I still know all the words to The Chronic. :blushing:

Junior High and High School would not have been the same without 2Pac and Dr. Dre. I still know all the words to The Chronic. :blushing:

Well, I'm a bit (well quite a bit) older, but I love Tupac and I also really liked Eazy E. My husband is still trying to figure out why I liked Eazy so much...Personally, I don't have a clue! But, I did think his songs had a lot to say about how things were in Compton and LA in general. (I'll go duck now behind my computer chair! LOL)

So random but today I was walking down the street and saw a bust of Tupac laying on a pile of trash.

For every rapper that dies, I'm sure there is at least 10 more trying to fill the spot. And to put matters into perspective: the public is what makes rap popular... not just the rappers. As long as there are people there wanting to listen to the stuff, when one goes down, up pop those other 10 trying to step into the person's shoes.

I personally don't like the stuff... and my views on rap kind of reminds of when my grandpa disliked rock-n-roll and couldn't wait to see the death of that form of music.

Out of all the rappers, there are probably 5 that are white. And even those, grew up mainly with African-American influence. lol

Maybe it was moved to crimes b/c it's assumed when a rapper dies, it's because of violence.

LOS ANGELES -- Prescription cough syrup and a pre-existing sleep disorder proved to be a deadly combination for Houston-based rapper Pimp C, the L.A. County Coroner said Monday.

Pimp C, whose real name was Chad Butler, was found dead in a Sunset Strip hotel Dec. 4.

Assistant chief coroner Ed Winter said the death was accidental. Initial reports indicated the cough syrup in Butler’s system was over-the-counter, but officials later determined the substance was a prescription medication.

Butler had Promethazine and Codeine in his system at the time of his death.

Winter said Codeine cough syrup hampers one’s respiratory abilities. Those drugs, combined with Butler’s sleep apnea, were enough to kill the 33-year-old rapper.

More at link:
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou080204_tnt_pimpcdeath.8d7dad8e.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46