NE - Eight killed, 4 injured in Westroads Mall shooting, Omaha, 5 Dec 2007

Melly

Reaction score
Has anyone else heard anything about this? It's on the main page of CNN.com

http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/212f795e-www.wlos.com.shtml

Man reportedly shot at Omaha mall
December 05, 2007 15:39 EST

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- A shopping mall in Omaha, Nebraska, is under lockdown by police after at least one person was shot today.

Authorities say it isn't known whether the shooter -- or shooters -- is still inside the mall or how many people were shot or injured at Westroads Mall in west Omaha. Two people were seen being removed on stretchers.

Police are letting some people leave the mall, but no one is being allowed to enter.

I saw this, too.. Not much info out yet... :(

2 dead (one man and one woman) . There is also one in critical condition

This is horrible! I'm glad more weren't hurt or killed considering how busy the malls are at this time of year.

I saw this and had to call my mother right away. She lives in Omaha and when I talked to her this morning, she told me she was going to the Westroads to do some Christmas shopping today. She had left the mall just about 30 minutes before the shootings.

I saw this and had to call my mother right away. She lives in Omaha and when I talked to her this morning, she told me she was going to the Westroads to do some Christmas shopping today. She had left the mall just about 30 minutes before the shootings.

I am so glad (and glad you were able to reach her and put your mind at ease).

Fox: 14 ppl shot, 10 dead (including gunman), 5 in hospital atm

10 Confirmed Dead In Omaha Mall Shooting
Police say nine people and a suspected gunman are dead and five injured
following a mall shooting in Omaha, Neb.

:( Sounds like it got worse. With that many it doesn't sound like this was about a domestic situation...

woman says he also shot a teddy bear...19 year old white male left a suicide note saying he is going out instyle

Suspect in shooting identified as Robert A Hawkins, age 19 of Bellview. His mother brought a note into the police station which indicated that he was involved in the shooting and would then take his own life... From Live Feed:

http://www.ketv.com/video/14779144/index.html

OMG!!! I guess we now need metal detectors at the mall too? Prayers for all of those involved.

Neighbor said he was troubled boy, got fired today from job (at mall I think) and this set him off. Also facing charge of contributing to delinquency of a minor (peddling?), prior case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back