GUILTY NC - Margaret Murta, 92, & Mary Corcoran, 82, beaten to death, 5 Dec 2007

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/814772.html

Barbara Clark, the Pittsboro woman accused of fatally beating her 92-year-old former employer at a Fearrington Village retirement center Wednesday, has been charged with one count of murder and two counts of attempted murder.

Clark, 41, also was charged with three counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. Two other elderly women also beaten in the attack remain hospitalized.
Clark is being held without bond in the Chatham County jail. She will likely have her first appearance in court this afternoon, the Chatham County Sheriff's Office said. Margaret Murta, 92, died Wednesday night at UNC Hospitals. Her sister, Mary Corcoran, 82, and neighbor Rebecca Fisher, 77, were seriously injured. more at link

DAMN...how sad and twisted is that?

Well, her husband is not trying to shield her here at least.

newsobserver.com said:
Barbara Clark's husband, Howard Clark, walked into the sheriff's office this morning and said he had information to give deputies. When he emerged about half an hour later, he declined to say whether he had spoken with his wife. "All I would like to say, extend my deepest apologies to the victim's family," he said. "I'm just so sorry that it happened. And also, it's not reflective on her family ... [because] her father ... did not raise her to be like this."

What the he!! is wrong with people That is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

OMG!!! My mother lives at Galloway Ridge! She didn't say a word about this to me! It's too late at night to call her now, but I definitely will tomorrow and ask her what she knows. The name of the victim sounds very familiar.
It's a beautiful retirement center. http://www.gallowayridge.com/

This is horrible, this woman needs the death penalty, the less scum like her the better. She may appear to look remorseful in her photo, however anyone with a heart would not even think of harming an elderly person.. i can't imagine..

There's a saying that a society is judged by how we treat our children and our elderly. We're in big trouble. How can you hurt a poor elderly woman?

I ended up calling my mom about midnight last night when I saw in an article that the victims lived two doors down from her. I pictured her unable to sleep, troubled, frightened. This is what drives me crazy, and it's the same as when she goes into the hospital for something -- she said, "Oh, I didn't want to worry you with all that."

Margaret and Mary turned out to be who I thought they were. Far from being frail and pathetic, Margaret was a real take-charge, outspoken woman. Mary was more of a peacemaker. Both were extremely active and social. Everybody knew them, and no one is surprised that they would confront an employee about repaying a forged check. They asked Becky to come be a witness because another woman they'd asked had a dental appointment.

Apparently the other residents are taking the crime in stride. Maybe it would be different if a stranger had broken in. Grief counselors were provided, but my mom says the residents were puzzled about that since, considering their ages and where they live, death is rather common and they have learned to cope with losing friends.

There were also a couple of meetings held to educate residents about security -- things like "Have a member of security come witness any dispute or confrontation, not another resident." But Margaret and Mary hadn't wanted the authorities involved.

My mom said that, as always, Galloway Ridge responded to the alert within seconds, sending two nurses and two security men. One immediately went down the hall banging on doors and telling people to lock their patio doors, and got answers like, "I can't, my dog needs to go out." Apparently, there wasn't much general panic -- these are pretty feisty old folk and they've seen it all.

PITTSBORO - A second woman bludgeoned in the head at a Chatham County retirement community died Saturday, and the housekeeper being held in the case faces another murder charge.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/819320.html

This such b.s we spend thousands of dollars a year to give our family members proper care and its bad enuff most retirement homes are under staffed and we sometimes have to set these homes straight, but now we have to worry about our family members getting murdered.

I dont know what goes on in these peoples minds or where these people come from how can anybody hurt a elderly person I just dont get it.:furious:

These people make me sick:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

From October 2008:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article10362386.html

Clark pleaded on two counts of first-degree murder and will serve two consecutive life sentences without parole for the beating deaths of two housekeeping clients at the Galloway Ridge retirement community in Fearrington Village.

She also received 13 to 16 additional years for assaulting the victims' neighbor with intent to kill and stealing nearly $12,500 in a separate case. The District Attorney's Office dismissed a dozen other financial crimes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back