NYC doorman suspended for having bad breath

csds703

Former Member
Reaction score
NEW YORK - A Manhattan doorman has been suspended for having bad breath. Jonah Seeman, who has been ushering tenants into a four-building complex on East 89th Street for 40 years, was told not to come to work Friday because of halitosis.
Seeman said he has stopped eating garlic, uses mouthwash and takes breath mints on the job.
The Brooklyn resident, who supports his 81-year-old mother, has been suspended twice before for bad breath — one day in May and then again in July.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22153541/from/ET/?gt1=10645

he's worked there for 40 years and they're just now noticing his breath? Hmm, sounds to me like he may be making too much money now and they want him out for a young, cheaper buck.

Give the dude a piece of gum and leave him alone!

Do they provide him with dental coverage? Often halitosis comes along with diabetes, and other health conditions as well. The poor man might need oral surgery for crying out loud. I hope he has grounds to sue somehow and that way he can be home with his mom. If he stopped eating garlic and uses mouthwash there's something else going on with the poor guy. See, this is when I just don't like people. Ya work 40 years kissing people's hinney's and ya get this.

The building owners have to comply to the needs of the (probably very rich) tenets.I have a feeling one of the tenets are having a problem with the doorman,not the company that hired him.Unfortunately,it's the tenets that have the say so.

Poor guy ... where's the compassion?

The building owners have to comply to the needs of the (probably very rich) tenets.I have a feeling one of the tenets are having a problem with the doorman,not the company that hired him.Unfortunately,it's the tenets that have the say so.

Yeah but how many rich people get close enough to a door man or anyone else for that matter, to smell their breath? It's gotta be really reeking!!!

From the article:

Apartment dwellers at the Gracie Gardens complex expressed surprise over Seeman's suspension and came to his defense.
"His job, which he does well, is opening the door — not to be opening his mouth," said Adam Reingold.

From the article:

Apartment dwellers at the Gracie Gardens complex expressed surprise over Seeman's suspension and came to his defense.
"His job, which he does well, is opening the door — not to be opening his mouth," said Adam Reingold.

In that case then Lurker is surely right. They're pushing the poor man out so they can get in a new and improved doorman. Oh, wait probably two new ones so they will only be part-time and they won't have to give them any kind of insurance. I hope that man sues and gets a kabajillion bucks.!

Hmmmm... I do ponder if he is vested in the company that employs him to be the doorman there. It is not unheard of people getting kicked out of their job for odd reasons, in an attempt to not pay them the monies and benefits they rightfully earned over the years as they near retirement.

he's worked there for 40 years and they're just now noticing his breath? Hmm, sounds to me like he may be making too much money now and they want him out for a young, cheaper buck.

Give the dude a piece of gum and leave him alone!

This sounds like the case, it's so sad, a lot of places do that to people who have been working for decades, only to be replaced with "younger stock". It's disgusting that they would fire him for that reason. He should sue them for discrimination due to health reasons. If he has a handicap due to his bad breath, then that is a medical issue and that's discrimination. I'm glad some of the residents are of his favor. Some people have no hearts, i swear; he is taking care of his elderly mother also..

This sounds like the case, it's so sad, a lot of places do that to people who have been working for decades, only to be replaced with "younger stock". It's disgusting that they would fire him for that reason. He should sue them for discrimination due to health reasons. If he has a handicap due to his bad breath, then that is a medical issue and that's discrimination. I'm glad some of the residents are of his favor. Some people have no hearts, i swear; he is taking care of his elderly mother also..

I totally agree! !:razz: :razz: :razz: to his bosses!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back