Lawrence Smith Replies - If you can say that

Solace

Reaction score
At the bottom is a reply from L. Smith or his assistant to my inquiry on the release of his book and then my reply to that reply.

RE: Response to Website feedback inquiry‏From:solace boyd (solaceboyd1@hotmail.com)Sent:Sun 12/09/07 6:05 PMTo: Laurence Smith (jlnprtvx@yahoo.com)

I am somewhat surprised at your response regarding my inquiry into his book or his imaginary book I should say. I hardly think anyone is waiting with baited breath. Trust me Mr. Smith has become somewhat of a laughing stock because of his many scheduled release dates. As far as it being the definitive book, doubtful. I have read what he has said on his website - nothing new really - and quite frankly I think he is wrong. Just thought it would be interesting to read another book - however imaginary this book is.

Lose the sarcasm. Lawrence Smith has no right to be sarcastic with anyone since he is the one not fulfilling the release dates.

Wendy Murphy had no problem with her book and she is quite verbal about what she says happened and it does include the Ramseys.

So save the whining and actually produce something. It is old already.

All the best to you to!!.

Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 13:24:36 -0800
Subject: Response to Website feedback inquiry
To: solaceboyd1@hotmail.com

Dear Sir: 12/9/07

As I have related to others inquiring on the Ramsey book, Mr Smith is out
of the country consulting on the missing child case of Madeleine McCann.
The Ramsey case and/or book is a low priority for him, as the book cover
work is being changed. You might remind those with whom you interact
with on the crime-sleuthing website(s), that Mr. Smith does not proffer
so-called theories on cases like the JonBenet Ramsey or McCann cases.
Rather, he provides conclusionary findings. Got It? There is a reason that
he has been a member of Mensa for 24 years.

Mr. Smith's secretary has told staff members here that he is somewhat
amused by the overly complicated theories that are amateurishly bandied
about (which we no longer bring to his attention), including about the family dog. Here is a secret for your blog cohorts, the Rameys did not bond with
Jacques because, unbeknownst to JonBenet, he was a look alike replacement for Jacques-1 who had to be put to sleep.

While the waiting time passes for Mr. Smith's Ramsey book, maybe those
with no real lives to live - on the crime sleuthing sites, should focus more closely on Attorney Thomas "Doc" Miller's background, and his wife Judith Phillips who was excoriated by Patsy in the Ramseys book for going against
her wishes regarding personal photos. Now Miller is whining about justice in
his book. He should be lucky to be still practicing law after all the incompet-
ency charges and legal rebukes he has had to fend off.

While inquiring minds wait anxiously, and Ramsey operatives remain in a
timorous mode of trepidation awaiting Mr. Smith's book - that will be
'the definitive ' accounting of the JonBenet Ramsey case; the staff here on
Laurence's behalf - wishes everyone a joyous holiday and a promisingly prosperous new year. Especially, those of like intellectual persuasion.

Julie Simpson
Administrative Asst/
Research Analyst for
Mr. Laurence Smith

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by (solaceboyd1@hotmail.com)
It was submitted on Thursday, December 6, 2007 at 15:11:30
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback Message: I cannot find the book. Is it delayed?

Thank You.

Told ya ... this is all a joke. I'm just wondering whose REALLY behind this joke.Personally,I'm not wasting my time trying to find out,I'm done with this nonsense.

Told ya ... this is all a joke. I'm just wondering whose REALLY behind this joke.Personally,I'm not wasting my time trying to find out,I'm done with this nonsense.

I agree.

Nope,it sure doesn't sound like a professional would reply.Like anyone would even care to read the book after such a reply as that.
As for JB's dog,Jaques the second,so who cares if he was not the original,he was still her dog,and it's still odd they didn't give him so much as an afterthought after her death.Loving and caring for him would have been a wonderful tribute to her memory,one I think most parents of a murdered child would have done.Obviously the above author,Mr L. Smith (if he even exists),and the Ramsey's don't 'get it';its quite cold-hearted to me.

What a rude reply they gave you, Solace. And how nice that they shared the "secret" about Jacques that we already knew about. :rolleyes:
Oh, and we have no life. That's a good one. :banghead:

Thanks for sharing this with us Solace. We may not be members of Mensa but I think we are smarter than Mr. Smith. :)

Hmmmm...if the Ramseys didn't become bonded to Jacques because he was a replacement for the first dog who died, what does that say about JR's other daughters after Beth's death?

Should he also be similarly not-as-bonded to his other daughters because he had to experience the loss and grief of the first one?

Personally, despite feeling empathy for JR in his grief for his lost loved one because I know the pain myself, I think that's really close to what was going on.

My theory, if you could call it that, is that JR is not as close to his second family because he had to go through the pain of losing the first family when he got caught having an affair. I also believe Beth's death compromised JR's ability to be the family man he should have been to his wife and kids. If J&P were as close as they've always said they were, why was she making trips to get cancer treatments with her mother, or alone?

I think the Rs weren't as bonded to Jacques because they saw him as present for their children, to win love and affection from them, but couldn't actually handle the nuts and bolts of caring for a dog as the important part of the family a pet deserves to be, especially when he didn't come already house-broken and required time and effort in training. I've already expressed my concerns for how that type of rejection and denial of responsibility was also seen in JonBenet and her incontinence, specifically Patsy's failure to address it rather than blow it off and ignore it as much as possible. Too bad there wasn't a toilet usage capability portion of those child beauty pageants...if there had been, perhaps Patsy would have addressed the situation better and JB wouldn't have had to tolerate being wet all the time and dealing with infections from exposure to wetness. It just wasn't a big enough deal to Patsy that her daughter wet her pants day and night and had to endure "frequent infections from constantly being in wet underwear." Why wasn't that a big deal to her? I can guarantee you she never would have tolerated that for herself.

I wish I could say I'm surprised by this reply you got, Solace. I really wish I could. At least you got a reply - thank you very much for sharing it with us. Very interesting.

What a rude reply they gave you, Solace. And how nice that they shared the "secret" about Jacques that we already knew about. :rolleyes:
Oh, and we have no life. That's a good one. :banghead:

Thanks for sharing this with us Solace. We may not be members of Mensa but I think we are smarter than Mr. Smith. :)

WOW...I agree. That was TOTALLY rude! Like anybody would rush out and buy that stupid book, after reading that sort of reply to you....very, VERY unprofessional, sounds like it was written by a child. As far as us having no life goes....well, we are all determined to find justice for a little girl who actually has NO LIFE now, because of her parents. Because we ALL choose NOT TO FORGET....that does not mean that we have no life. She has been forgotten by the justice system...but, she will always be remembered by us. Yes, we all have a life....we just choose to devote a small portion of it, trying to help find justice for JonBenét, in hopes that one day...she will actually be able to rest in peace.

WOW...I agree. That was TOTALLY rude! Like anybody would rush out and buy that stupid book, after reading that sort of reply to you....very, VERY unprofessional, sounds like it was written by a child.

Ames,

Is my opinion of L. Smith suppposed to change because he is a supposed member of Mensa. Who gives a $h*#? His assistant sounds like a moron who is very impressed with Mensa. I don't believe he is anywhere near the McCann case.

I vaguely remember someone posting soemthing about L. Smith having mental problems a while back. Seriously.

Ames,

Is my opinion of L. Smith suppposed to change because he is a supposed member of Mensa. Who gives a $h*#? His assistant sounds like a moron who is very impressed with Mensa. I don't believe he is anywhere near the McCann case.

I vaguely remember someone posting soemthing about L. Smith having mental problems a while back. Seriously.

I don't believe that he is anywhere near the McCann case either. I think that was all just a flat out lie. Mental problems? Yeah, and I think that he passed them on to his assistant.

I don't believe that he is anywhere near the McCann case either. I think that was all just a flat out lie. Mental problems? Yeah, and I think that he passed them on to his assistant.

:laugh: Yeah, and I think that he passed them on to his assistant.[/

:laugh: Yeah, and I think that he passed them on to his assistant.[/

He obviously listened to his mother...when she told him that he should always SHARE!!!! :cool:

Ames,

certainly sounds that way.
Yes,he's too inept for the McCann case,or any case,really.Excuses excuses...

Hmmmm...if the Ramseys didn't become bonded to Jacques because he was a replacement for the first dog who died, what does that say about JR's other daughters after Beth's death?

Should he also be similarly not-as-bonded to his other daughters because he had to experience the loss and grief of the first one?

Personally, despite feeling empathy for JR in his grief for his lost loved one because I know the pain myself, I think that's really close to what was going on.

My theory, if you could call it that, is that JR is not as close to his second family because he had to go through the pain of losing the first family when he got caught having an affair.

good point,and he was said to have had affairs the second time around,too,so maybe distancing was how he dealt w/ possible loss.

I also believe Beth's death compromised JR's ability to be the family man he should have been to his wife and kids. If J&P were as close as they've always said they were, why was she making trips to get cancer treatments with her mother, or alone?
indeed;I find it difficult to believe JR in DOI when he says he should have put family before money,and that it might have helped prevent JB's death.

I think the Rs weren't as bonded to Jacques because they saw him as present for their children, to win love and affection from them, but couldn't actually handle the nuts and bolts of caring for a dog as the important part of the family a pet deserves to be, especially when he didn't come already house-broken and required time and effort in training. I've already expressed my concerns for how that type of rejection and denial of responsibility was also seen in JonBenet and her incontinence, specifically Patsy's failure to address it rather than blow it off and ignore it as much as possible. Too bad there wasn't a toilet usage capability portion of those child beauty pageants...if there had been, perhaps Patsy would have addressed the situation better and JB wouldn't have had to tolerate being wet all the time and dealing with infections from exposure to wetness. It just wasn't a big enough deal to Patsy that her daughter wet her pants day and night and had to endure "frequent infections from constantly being in wet underwear." Why wasn't that a big deal to her? I can guarantee you she never would have tolerated that for herself.
absolutely,good point.

STOP the presses!! No one with one eyeota of smarts is waiting one more nano second for drivel such as that. We need to get a life? No we need a DAs office with a penchant for serving justice. So Stop the presses for lack of interest and save paper. We simply do NOT care anymore. JonBenet has those who will never let the quest for justice die and as for the Millers book lets PUSh till we get that publised in English.

If I remember correctly, a poster on Crime and Justice was sent a couple of chapters from the book. This might have been late summer. The poster said she was busy and hadn't had a chance to read them and would post when she got them read. I don't believe she has ever posted about the book again.

Very odd to say the least. Nobody is that busy and we are talking about a couple of chapters, not volumes of books. Maybe somebody else knows more about this situation.

As for Lawrence Smith, I have a different take on him.

The email response is defensive and condescending. If you have ever been around very successful and/or brilliant people that is what you would expect. Do you think if you questioned Martha Stewart on something she would give you hugs?

The FAQ part of his website is very well written and has some tantalizing tidbits. One of the best is that the figure of $118,000 was used by Patsy so John would make the connection to her. A very interesting thought.

I hope the book is released some day but I now have strong doubts that will ever happen.

That's what I was thinking Albert...that's not his assistant replying...it's HIM.

"The email response is defensive and condescending. If you have ever been around very successful and/or brilliant people that is what you would expect. Do you think if you questioned Martha Stewart on something she would give you hugs?"

Albert118,

You're suggesting that if we know successful/brilliant people,we should expect defensive/condescending replies to questions? I think that statement is absurd. I highly doubt,if Martha Stewart had a book out,and the release date on her website,was changed again for the umpteenth time,and I innocently asked if there was a delay,she would not have an assistant of her's berate me. In Marhta would have heads rolling.

Also,Solace,inquired that she could not find the book,and if there was a delay,end of post, No where in her post did she state she was from a websleuth forum or blog...yet this assistant,goes on a tangent about theories and forums.Further on,she bad mouths another authors book.

You don't think this is a bit off the wall? I do.

If I remember correctly, a poster on Crime and Justice was sent a couple of chapters from the book. This might have been late summer. The poster said she was busy and hadn't had a chance to read them and would post when she got them read. I don't believe she has ever posted about the book again.

Very odd to say the least. Nobody is that busy and we are talking about a couple of chapters, not volumes of books. Maybe somebody else knows more about this situation.

As for Lawrence Smith, I have a different take on him.

The email response is defensive and condescending. If you have ever been around very successful and/or brilliant people that is what you would expect. Do you think if you questioned Martha Stewart on something she would give you hugs?

The FAQ part of his website is very well written and has some tantalizing tidbits. One of the best is that the figure of $118,000 was used by Patsy so John would make the connection to her. A very interesting thought.

I hope the book is released some day but I now have strong doubts that will ever happen.

Hi Albert,

I have read his FAQ also. Actually, I found his explanation out there. I don't think Patsy picked 118,000 so John would know it was her. I think John helped Patsy, but this is another story. I also don't believe someone bashed her head against the basement floor. I believe John Ramsey said that also.

I don't know that I would call Smith Brilliant. We have no idea what his IQ is. Mensa requires a 150 IQ. That to me is not brilliant. 200 is more along the lines of brilliant. Discovering a cure for AIDs is something a I would say was brilliant. The gentlemen who figured out DNA is brilliant.

Lawrence Smith, not sure I would describe him as brilliant.

Thomas's assistant answered the e-mail by the way.

If the coming book is written with as little competence as that rude and silly e-mail, it won't go flying off the bookstore shelves, that's for sure.

I'm a member of Mensa, too- and I'm smart enough to know a passive-aggressive mental midget when I see one.

If the coming book is written with as little competence as that rude and silly e-mail, it won't go flying off the bookstore shelves, that's for sure.

I'm a member of Mensa, too- and I'm smart enough to know a passive-aggressive mental midget when I see one.

there certainly wasn't a lot of social intelligence in the reply...this person doesn't know how to relate to ppl at all...same way w. the R's...JR might have been a big businessman,but despite being intelligent,(I don't think he is a genius by any means),he and Patsy both lack(ed) a lot of social graces (I don't mean manners) and basic down to earth intelligence when dealing with the rest of the world.(Holdon comes to mind here,too,lol).It seems to be arrogance that leads them to believe they can just say whatever they want,and everyone should just believe it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back