MO MO - Timothy Krajcir, Cape Girardeau, 1970's - 80's

WholeLottaRosie

Dancing on a moonbeam!
Reaction score
FIVE COLD CASES SOLVED!!! (Cape Girardeau, MO)
Cape Authorities to Charge One Man in Five Unsolved Homicides
By: Kathy Sweeney
Authorities in Cape Girardeau County are set to make a stunning announcement today in connection with five unsolved homicides dating back to the late 1970's and early 1980's. At a news conference planned for 2:00 this afternoon, they will announce charges against a single suspect in connection with all five deaths. The announcement will be made by Cape Girardeau Police Chief Carl Kinnison and Cape Girardeau County Prosecutor Morley Swingle. Kinnison and Swingle will be joined by members of various agencies including their own who helped make the announcement possible.

more at link

http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=7462592

Wow - I haven't had time to search to see if we have threads on any of the victims which are

Mary Parsh
Brenda Parsh
Sheila Cole
Margie Call
Mildred Wallace
progress.gif

I didn't know whether to put this here on in Cold Cases, so I did both.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1843338

Thanks, Janet. I thought there might well be, but, I guess in my excitement over this, I didn't want to wait and then was having trouble cause I wanted to find one and then come back and post it.

My husband and I had just moved to Cape in June of '77...the murders had the town on edge...especially ladies who lived alone...there really wasn't much information given out at the time. There was one other murder of a live alone lady, about the same time but it was solved...sure will be great to have these solved...Brenda was in college at SEMO the same time I was...she was really pretty...

The news coverage just gave the name of a man from Carbondale Il...he has admitted to killing 9 women...5 in Cape...

My husband and I had just moved to Cape in June of '77...the murders had the town on edge...especially ladies who lived alone...there really wasn't much information given out at the time. There was one other murder of a live alone lady, about the same time but it was solved...sure will be great to have these solved...Brenda was in college at SEMO the same time I was...she was really pretty...

WOW. All very interesting. Hopefully this will bring closure for many. Unfortunate many wounds will be reopened first, IMO. Prayers for all involved.

Good GOD, Krajcir started early. The following is from the 8/26/1963 of the Connellsville, PA Daily Courier, an article titled "Penn Sailor Faces Penitentiary Term":
An 18-year-old sailor, who was told "you should be removed from society," was under a sentence of 25-50 years in the state penitentiary here for raping a suburban housewife.

Timonthy W. Krajcir. Ironton, Pa., a cook at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center, had pleaded guilty to raping a 21-year-old mother of three children in her home Feb. 28...
First convicted 44 years ago. Why was he ever out at all? Sounds like he was a Joseph Edward Duncan before there was a Duncan -- a convicted sex offender attending college and killing still.

Steve/Mr. A

Thank you for the story and the links-wow what a conclusion to many years of heartache for the victims families!

An 18-year-old sailor, who was told "you should be removed from society," was under a sentence of 25-50 years in the state penitentiary here for raping a suburban housewife.​

Whover told him that sure was right on....

Then I bet we are looking at a lot more than just 5 cold cases. :(

When looking at this guy as a serial killer note how many different types/ages of the victims. I think profilers tend to stay with one profile and fail to link other acts to one killer. Very scary indeed!

two of the crimes he was linked to happened in the same year, right? I bet he is far more prolific than the 5-9 cases...

From this link:

In 1979, after he raped a 13-year-old girl, Krajcir became the first person in Jackson County, Ill., to be committed on the sexually dangerous person statute, according to Cape Girardeau County Prosecuting Attorney Morley Swingle. By 1982, he was conditionally released.

So he raped a 13yo and was found to be sexually dangerous, but some genius let him out after only 3 years??? How dumb do you have to be not to see this one coming?

Too bad karma doesn't make the judges and parole boards suffer for the stupid mistakes they make instead of innocent victims. :furious:

So far they haven't said anything about the other three other than they are in another jurisdiction.
That is crazy that such a prolific serial killer was not noticed until now! This guy was active before BTK even! I think that what threw LE was the fact that there was no definite MO or signature.
Profiling is no science but I would say when it is done right by the right people they usually do fairly well. I don't know that there was much in this case that even the best mind hunters could have put together on these cases. Luckily DNA and a lot of persistence has given a lot of family some answers.

I live in St. Louis, which is not too far from Cape, so I am interested in seeing where this case goes when all is said and done.

It's news like this that make me believe even more so that "cold cases" can be solved one day. Yes, it might take 10 or 20 years or more...but with all the adances in technology these days and in the future, one must NEVER NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!!!

How did this "serial" killer get under the scope?? I think angelmom had it right, when she said "Judges and Parole Boards".

Maybe, he will confess to more/all murders, if he is of a type that wants to "glorify" himself and say, hey look what I got away with. Wasn't it Bundy or the Georgia Killer who confessed to more than what the police had??

My mom lived in Cape from 1996-97, but I never heard anything about so many unsolved murders. Nothing like the Springfield, MO missing women, who are still in the papers every few months.

Some of the family members were interviewed today and were extremely pleased that he had been caught...the family of Mildred Wallace gave up the death penalty so that the other families could learn about the circumstances of their loved ones death. The only evidence they had was some DNA and a palm print on Ms Wallace's window. This killer drove an ambulance for Jackson County Il...he came to Cape several times. The officers that investigated the crime scenes were highly praised for doing such a great job in 77 and 82....Cape still has one unsolved murder....Deborah Martin...but the same detective is working on it so maybe soon it will be over too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back