DP asks public for financial donations

closeobserver

Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me. D.P. is asking for the public to support his defense. This man has lots of money, plus a $5800 / month pension. He allegedly killed his first wife for financial gain. Money and greed is the root of his evils and he is unwilling to spend his own money to find his children's missing wife. This is all another ruse to support his defense that he believes Stacy is still alive, but again, even with this, he won't spend his own money. Give me a break.

http://www.wthitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7480640

You have got to be kidding me. D.P. is asking for the public to support his defense. This man has lots of money, plus a $5800 / month pension. He allegedly killed his first wife for financial gain. Money and greed is the root of his evils and he is unwilling to spend his own money to find his children's missing wife. This is all another ruse to support his defense that he believes Stacy is still alive, but again, even with this, he won't spend his own money. Give me a break.

http://www.wthitv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7480640
Un-#*%(@!-believable!!!!! :mad:

I am truly disgusted. And he hasn't been charged with anything -why start a defense fund now? Didn't Brodskey take this case pro bono?

I am truly disgusted. And he hasn't been charged with anything -why start a defense fund now? Didn't Brodskey take this case pro bono?
If Brodsky took this case pro bono, it was with the idea that "if" he got D.P. off from the charges, he would benefit from the publicity. It was his lottery ticket to becoming powerful like Johnny Cochrane.

Now that he realizes the doesn't have a chance, money is his only saving grace in this case. This is an obvious sign to me that he doesn't believe he has any chance in winning. If there is a positive to this story, that is it.

If Brodsky took this case pro bono, it was with the idea that "if" he got D.P. off from the charges, he would benefit from the publicity. It was his lottery ticket to becoming powerful like Johnny Cochrane.

Now that he realizes the doesn't have a chance, money is his only saving grace in this case. This is an obvious sign to me that he doesn't believe he has any chance in winning. If there is a positive to this story, that is it.

Brodskey is a , imo and that is based on documentation of his character and credentials. Birds of a feather...

I'm thinking that DP knows the pension is on the line -- and this is a preemptive strike on his part. What a *advertiser censored* heel! And using the kids!

OMG...............I sure hope people know what they're dealing with and DP won't get a dime! :furious:

Let Drew start selling all his toys, his house, and whatever else he can find to sell..I'm sure he has connections, if he needs money. Anybody that can write their son a check for $200,000 when Steve came to pick up the kids does not need anyone's help with money. If he goes broke that's his problem.

So far without any charges being pressed against Drew I see no reason for him to need a lawyer. One will be provided for him if he can't afford one when he is taken into custody.

Better yet Drew just confess, tell everyone where Stacy's body is and save yourself and the taxpayers of Illinois some $$$.

Drew just seems to have no conscience and no class whatsoever.

This guy is a piece of work. He's now looking to profit from murder. He hasn't even been charged with a crime. Yet, he is asking the public for money and using his children as pawns. I haven't seen his children thrust into the limelight. Plus, don't his children have a trust or money from Kathleen's life insurance policy? Didn't Drew reap about $600,000 from her death? What a loser! I only wish that he had a running tally of the money contributed. I can bet that the fund will not break into the triple digits.

There was a discussion about this on the Stacy thread, IIRC. And I posted that this was really a "Pay Joel Brodsky Fund". Who's going to administer this fund? Brodsky has already proven he can't be trusted. He was sanctioned by the bar for stealing from a clients account. Which was conveniently explained away by him.

I am going to bet that the PI is not to find Stacy, but merely to dig up dirt on the witnesses. Character assasination is the only skill Brodsky has. And he's not even good at that!

I wonder if anyone would really donate to this fund. I certainly won't be contributing.

I wonder if anyone would really donate to this fund. I certainly won't be contributing.

Like Joran VDS, DP will have his groupies who will support his cause. I would be interested in finding out how much people like that contribute to suspected murderers.

The link to his attorney's site has been removed. Interesting.
Also found this:

Drew Peterson: I'm Just Trying To Get Help...

CHICAGO (WBBM/AP) -- Drew Peterson tells Newsradio 780 he's - quote - "just trying to get some help from the American people," by starting a Web site aimed at soliciting donations to his legal defense.

WBBM's Steve Miller reports.

Drew Peterson tells Newsradio 780 - quote - "I've worked as many as six jobs at one time, and for the future of my family - and this has the potential of taking all that away and put me in debt the rest of my life and leave my family with nothing."

Peterson's lawyer Joel Brodsky says Peterson is not asking the public to pay his entire legal bill.

Stacy Peterson's family tells the AP any donated money should first be used for a private investigator to find the woman.

"However, we have hundreds of officers, investigators, probably most or a big part of the state's attorney's office from Will County looking into this case. And all we have is Drew on the other side. A retired cop living on a pension, with a house and a couple of cars."

Brodsky says donations to www.defenddrew.com would go to legal fees and to hiring a private investigator.

The Web site says, "Remaining funds are to be held in a trust for the children and administered outside Drew's control."
http://www.wbbm780.com/Drew-Peterson:-I-m-Just-Trying-To-Get-Help-From-Th/1319471

The link to his attorney's site has been removed. Interesting.
Also found this:

Drew Peterson: I'm Just Trying To Get Help...

CHICAGO (WBBM/AP) -- Drew Peterson tells Newsradio 780 he's - quote - "just trying to get some help from the American people," by starting a Web site aimed at soliciting donations to his legal defense.

WBBM's Steve Miller reports.

Drew Peterson tells Newsradio 780 - quote - "I've worked as many as six jobs at one time, and for the future of my family - and this has the potential of taking all that away and put me in debt the rest of my life and leave my family with nothing."

Peterson's lawyer Joel Brodsky says Peterson is not asking the public to pay his entire legal bill.

Stacy Peterson's family tells the AP any donated money should first be used for a private investigator to find the woman.

"However, we have hundreds of officers, investigators, probably most or a big part of the state's attorney's office from Will County looking into this case. And all we have is Drew on the other side. A retired cop living on a pension, with a house and a couple of cars."

Brodsky says donations to www.defenddrew.com would go to legal fees and to hiring a private investigator.

The Web site says, "Remaining funds are to be held in a trust for the children and administered outside Drew's control."
http://www.wbbm780.com/Drew-Peterson:-I-m-Just-Trying-To-Get-Help-From-Th/1319471

Leave his family with nothing, give me a break. The two older children supposedly accoring to DP have a million dollars in a trust for them. They should of also had the money from the sale of their mother's house, or at least her 1/2.

Stacey's children once they declare her dead should have SS money and inherit from the estate. He's such a piece of chit. Trying to dig up sympathy.

Oh, and if his children suffer, they have no one to thank but that piece of chit father of theirs.

They're suffering enough. The two olders ones have not lost just one mother, but two.

I'm wondering if he came up with this idea because he's fuming about Mims getting money from the NE. That got him thinking about how he could make a profit.
He makes me so sick and no one but him is responsible for anything that happens.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back