The secret meeting of the Tapas 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaEyes

Reaction score
Have you all read about the nine of them all meeting together, secretly (only coming to light after the fact) with their respective attornneys?

Some think it was to get everyone on the same page, get stories straight, make sure no one has left the flock.

They say it was just a reunion get-together and was highly emotional.

So, I have a lot of questions for discussion. Are two of the nine truly wishing to break ranks and are receiving a lot of pressure to not crack? Why did they all need their lawyers for a reunion? Why have the reunion in a hotel and not in their home? Is it because they didn't want to be recorded? Could someone have been wearing a listening device? Why would Clarence report about this meeting and deny it was to get stories straight? He does more harm than good for his clients seems to me.

It is all just so amazingly curious and incongruent.

Sounds very fishy to me. There is definitely some sort of cover up in my opinion.

I suppose the hotel was a more secure location in terms of press coverage, although are the McCanns still being followed when they go or come? Could have been a way to avoid someone tipping off the tabloids that they were all together again.

As for the meeting: I can't figure out the purpose of it. Surely they have talked since then as friends?

This sounds as if they were being briefed by lawyers or others about the latest developments or concerns.

The hotel was probably a more secure location TO AVOID BUGGING of their conversations by Portuguese agents in the UK!

I find it very strange they all needed to meet up when there is talk of the police reinterviewing them all soon, it make's it look like they are planning a story, if they had been getting together every month since Maddy went missing, nobody would think it strange, so why are they doing it now, they must have thought, 'what will it look like us meeting up before the interview', maybe not a good idea? what will the papers say?, you would think their adviser would say, not a good idea to meet up just now.
They seem to like making themselves look guilty. Pauline.

I find it very strange they all needed to meet up when there is talk of the police reinterviewing them all soon, it make's it look like they are planning a story, if they had been getting together every month since Maddy went missing, nobody would think it strange, so why are they doing it now, they must have thought, 'what will it look like us meeting up before the interview', maybe not a good idea? what will the papers say?, you would think their adviser would say, not a good idea to meet up just now.
They seem to like making themselves look guilty. Pauline.

I have to agree with you on that one whitedove.

I wonder why they didn't all talk right after the "abduction" so Kate wouldn't have had to learn that Jane Tanner had seen a man carrying a child wearing the pink PJs several days later. I also wonder why they haven't publicly pleaded with this man to come forward to say if he was carrying his own child. You'd think everyone in the area would know what they were doing and where they were that night.

I wonder why they didn't all talk right after the "abduction" so Kate wouldn't have had to learn that Jane Tanner had seen a man carrying a child wearing the pink PJs several days later. I also wonder why they haven't publicly pleaded with this man to come forward to say if he was carrying his own child. You'd think everyone in the area would know what they were doing and where they were that night.

I always wondered that as well...Like when Kate came in screaming, "They've taken her" OR "She's gone" OR "Madeleine is not in the Apt" OR WHATEVER she said, why didn't Jane immediately say..."Oh my God, I just saw a man carrying a little girl who had on Pink PJ's just like Madeleine's and he was strolling causally away from the villa...come on guys, lets see if we can catch up with him...Kate you go back to the apt. and take care of your remaining 2 precious babies and call the police...Fiona, you go check all of the other children and make sure they are okay".

It is odd that you never hear that any of the other Tapas 7 feared that their children may have also been taken...they all went to the McCann's apt and accidentally contaminated all evidence, and just left their kids alone with a kidnapper on the loose. I mean, come on folks...a kidnapper just abducted your best friends precious child, and you don't all run home and gather your own babies in your arms and never let go?

It is odd that you never hear that any of the other Tapas 7 feared that their children may have also been taken...they all went to the McCann's apt and accidentally contaminated all evidence, and just left their kids alone with a kidnapper on the loose. I mean, come on folks...a kidnapper just abducted your best friends precious child, and you don't all run home and gather your own babies in your arms and never let go?

IW, you have the sort of common sense that is apparently quite uncommon among doctors who work for the National Health Service in Britain.

Those are the two things that are odd: Nobody went to check on their own children, apparently, what you would expect would be one parent to go with the McCanns and the other to check on the children, in each family.

Jane Tanner said nothing to the McCanns about what she saw--the reason being that she did not want to worry Kate--when wouldn't it have been more reassuring to tell Kate, "I saw him and we can get a description out immediately because of that?" After all, Kate already "knew" her child had been kidnapped. Why would it worry her more? It would confirm her first immediate quoted suspicions.

Has anyone ever contemplated that maybe the Tapas 7 abducted Madeline and are keeping it from the McCanns? Maybe slightly pointing the finger, planting evidence and changing stories when they realize Gerry and Kate where cashing in big with the hoopla.

Maybe they thought the McCanns treated Madeline terribly, and wanted to save her from a life of misery, so they devised this plan...

Has anyone ever contemplated that maybe the Tapas 7 abducted Madeline and are keeping it from the McCanns? Maybe slightly pointing the finger, planting evidence and changing stories when they realize Gerry and Kate where cashing in big with the hoopla.

Maybe they thought the McCanns treated Madeline terribly, and wanted to save her from a life of misery, so they devised this plan...
I don't think so Interested. Where would she be now? A lot simpler just to call Social Services!

No, they all seem to be more or less, the same way about their own children, just luckier, I guess. And remember, most of the time Madeleine and the twins were in the creche, which by all accounts seems to have been a pleasant place for the children. I really think if Madeleine had been mistreated severely--other than being left alone at night, of course! there would have been more reports of that forthcoming from the creche employees, etc, and the "hometown" support would be lacking.

Madeleine was in that preschool/daycare at home, and the caregivers and teachers there would have picked up on any ill treatment, I'm sure. You just don't see a child ever day or three days a week without getting a pretty good sense of how well-cared for they are, especially at that age. Things like being clean, having clean clothes, being sick often and still coming to school grubby, etc, etc.

No, there wasn't anybody to rescue Madeleine from being left alone, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member