Warrant for 12-26-96

Blondieskatz

Reaction score
Went back and reread the warrants on acandyrose.com. On the warrant for 12/26/96 there is a black out where Det. Everett walks down into the basement and observed two blankets. Also, on something that was collected there is a black out.

Does anyone know what the black out says? Has it ever been revealed or any ideas?

Blondieskatz

Went back and reread the warrants on acandyrose.com. On the warrant for 12/26/96 there is a black out where Det. Everett walks down into the basement and observed two blankets. Also, on something that was collected there is a black out.

Does anyone know what the black out says? Has it ever been revealed or any ideas?

Blondieskatz

I've asked this before, but have no idea how to search the archives for it. It's one of those questions that really nag at me.

look under ruthie's site under the 'regarding the heart' thread I posted...she thinks it's something about the tape found on her mouth,as the tape isn't mentioned anywhere else,and it would have to be included somewhere.

It could have been the tape. Uhmmm, wonder what it is about that tape?
That may be the one of the things police held back that only the true killer would know.

Does anyone know if there is any info out there about the police interviews with Karr? There may be something in those interviews that they asked him in reference to the tape or something that may give us a clue as to the blacked out info in the 12/26/2007 warrants.

look under ruthie's site under the 'regarding the heart' thread I posted...she thinks it's something about the tape found on her mouth,as the tape isn't mentioned anywhere else,and it would have to be included somewhere.

JMO8778,

Tape can be seen in the crime-scene photographs lying on the white blankets.

Interestingly Fleet White, despite being told to stay away from the wine-cellar, returned to explicitly examine the tape, he must have seen something that was compelling enough to return and check out, whatever he noted, may also be described in the redacted part of the search warrant affidavit?

JMO8778,

Tape can be seen in the crime-scene photographs lying on the white blankets.

Interestingly Fleet White, despite being told to stay away from the wine-cellar, returned to explicitly examine the tape, he must have seen something that was compelling enough to return and check out, whatever he noted, may also be described in the redacted part of the search warrant affidavit?

So, whose prints were found on the tape? FW's would have to be- I assume he didn't wear gloves. JR's too, right? Was there ever a list of whose prints were on that tape? And where is the tape now?

So, whose prints were found on the tape? FW's would have to be- I assume he didn't wear gloves. JR's too, right? Was there ever a list of whose prints were on that tape? And where is the tape now?

Probably in that "warehouse full of evidence that still hasn't been gone through". That's right....on a 48 Hour Anniversary Special...of JB's death...it was stated that there was a WHOLE warehouse full of evidence, that hasn't even been looked at yet!!!! Who knows...the tape is probably in there somewhere.

That reminds me of the scene in the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark"- that very first Indiana Jones movie- where at the very end the Ark of the Covenant is seen being crated and stored indiscriminately in a huge wharehouse full of hundreds of other crates- probably never to be found again!
I'd love to know if all of the JBR evidence is still there. Or if it's dwindled over the years- macabre souvenir hunters, or even more sinister- R lawyers.

That reminds me of the scene in the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark"- that very first Indiana Jones movie- where at the very end the Ark of the Covenant is seen being crated and stored indiscriminately in a huge wharehouse full of hundreds of other crates- probably never to be found again!
I'd love to know if all of the JBR evidence is still there. Or if it's dwindled over the years- macabre souvenir hunters, or even more sinister- R lawyers.

I only saw bits and pieces of that movie, because I kept falling asleep..LOL

Shoot...nobody probably even knows where the key to that storage area is. One of the Ramsey Lawyers probably swallowed it.

I'd LOVE to see an inventory list of what they have in evidence.

What's the Freedom of Information law like in Boulder?

I'd LOVE to see an inventory list of what they have in evidence.

What's the Freedom of Information law like in Boulder?

Who knows...we could ask CK that question, she lived there.

I would love to see that inventory list too. BTW I was not the only person that heard them say that about the warehouse full of evidence. I posted what I had heard them say, because I thought that I may have misunderstood...and other posters wrote to say that they had heard it too. So, what I would like to know is....what is taking so stinking long for them to go through that evidence? Are they waiting for hell to freeze over, or what??

DeeDee249,

Not certain if any prints were lifted from the tape? John and Fleet's had to be on it, the tape will be in safe storage somewhere since it was forensically examined, with some of Patsy's fibers being found on the underside.

My guess is that the tape had already been used, and it was this that Fleet White was checking, e.g. there may have been visible debri on the sticky side?

That is Fleet White must have quickly realized things were not as they appeared, so returned to the wine-cellar to confirm his doubts.

From the stated evidence it appears Patsy was the person who applied the garrote and tape to JonBenet, possibly including the wrist restraints.

Has it ever been proven the tape was actually on JB's mouth or is that something JR would have told the police. Maybe that's why FW went back down into the basement to check the tape...He didn't see it on JB's mouth.

If you go with the idea that JR had to find the body, then maybe the tape was never on her mouth. Seems PR wanted her to look as she was sleeping and the tape on her mouth would have ruined that. So, they leave the tape on the blanket, John finds her and says her mouth was covered with tape and he pulled it off.

Don't know....just might explain why FW was so interested in the tape.

Who knows...we could ask CK that question, she lived there.

I would love to see that inventory list too. BTW I was not the only person that heard them say that about the warehouse full of evidence. I posted what I had heard them say, because I thought that I may have misunderstood...and other posters wrote to say that they had heard it too. So, what I would like to know is....what is taking so stinking long for them to go through that evidence? Are they waiting for hell to freeze over, or what??

As cold as it is here lately Hell could freeze over but that is beside the point. As to the freedom of information. They do not call this the Peoples republic of Boulder for nothing. If everything was transparent and readily available dont you think there would have been no need to black out certain info on reports? Also the reason this was not prosecuted was Boulders power base. Ramsey may not have himself had that raw power although you should not underestimate it as he was part of the silicon valley power. Access Graphic was part of Lockheed. Defense contracts. I often think that is what the writer of the ransome note was trying to make fly with her Small Foreign Faction. JMHO. But what Ramsey may have lacked in raw power his friends did not, he was Business Person of the year shortly before this and the name Ramsey had household recognition due to their standing in the community and also all the recognition JonBenet had due to all her Pagent sucess as well they were always in the paper. Patsy loved being the center of attention. She was known also for her battle with cancer. All that was before the murder then you take the power of the Attorneys that represented them Well that wraps it up. Add to that the dynasty left behind by Hunter for Lacy well what more can be said, the case is in her hands and there will be nothing that will change that unless and until. The one thing I have come to recognize is how the Ramsey power gets downplayed or made to be nothing.

I'm not positive, but I'm thinking that FOI wouldn't apply in an "ongoing" investigation.

I'm not positive, but I'm thinking that FOI wouldn't apply in an "ongoing" investigation.

You are right. That's why they say this still an "open case", even though we know there has been NO investigating done on this case for years. And won't be again, in all likelihood. If they say it's open- they never have to reveal anything.
There should be time limits on this kind of thing. If they can't solve the crime in 10 years- they have to reveal what they have. Maybe then someone else can take a shot at it.

Has it ever been proven the tape was actually on JB's mouth or is that something JR would have told the police. Maybe that's why FW went back down into the basement to check the tape...He didn't see it on JB's mouth.

If you go with the idea that JR had to find the body, then maybe the tape was never on her mouth. Seems PR wanted her to look as she was sleeping and the tape on her mouth would have ruined that. So, they leave the tape on the blanket, John finds her and says her mouth was covered with tape and he pulled it off.

Don't know....just might explain why FW was so interested in the tape.

The tape was found to have a "perfect set of child's lip prints" on the inside. So it seems it was actually ON her mouth. But the condition of the prints indicated that her lips never moved while it was on, proving that she was already unconscious (or dead) when the tape was placed on her mouth. This was pure staging. There was no need to tape her mouth- she was not conscious. It was done purely to add to the "kidnapping" ploy.

You are right. That's why they say this still an "open case", even though we know there has been NO investigating done on this case for years. And won't be again, in all likelihood. If they say it's open- they never have to reveal anything.
There should be time limits on this kind of thing. If they can't solve the crime in 10 years- they have to reveal what they have. Maybe then someone else can take a shot at it.

I totally agree. This is always going to be an "open case". 20 years from now...its STILL going to be an "open case".

I totally agree. This is always going to be an "open case". 20 years from now...its STILL going to be an "open case".

Yeah, it's a nice little excuse for not giving up the goods when a civil party could use them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back