Drunken Dad Asks 11-Year-Old Son to Drive

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
DALLAS (Reuters) - A Texas man did the drinking and decided to let his 11-year-old son, who was barely able to see over the steering wheel, do the driving, police said.

Police said on Wednesday they had arrested Robert Lee Crider on charges of child endangerment, public intoxication and having an open container of alcohol in his vehicle.

Crider's son was pulled over by a Texas state trooper outside of the west Texas town of Big Spring in the predawn hours of Saturday after the officer saw the car speeding and weaving through traffic, said Sgt. Jason Hester, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Crider apparently was taking his son home for the weekend as a part of a custody arrangement with his ex-wife. Crider and a friend stopped off at a bar with the boy, and when the two adults became too drunk to drive, they handed the keys of the rental car over to the boy.

Story from Yahoo

:eek: I hope the boy's Mother can use this to terminate that a$$hole:loser:'s parental rights! Poor kid!

Piper, that's exactly what I was thinking - the LAST visitation for that guy! :loser:

Piper, LP-
I am SURE that his visitation will be taken away. In most cases like that, anything that puts the child in danger is a big no no!

maketoast said:
Piper, LP-
I am SURE that his visitation will be taken away. In most cases like that, anything that puts the child in danger is a big no no!

Can you just imagine the look on that cop's face. Thank God there wasn't a serious accident before the boy was pulled over!!

I don't know if you read the article, but the police officers got the boy a grilled cheese sandwich and set up a mattress to sleep on at the station until his Mom came to pick him up.

When I saw the title of this article - I was thinking maybe the house was really close by..... you know, like a couple of blocks... but it was 200 miles!!!

That Dad is one :loser:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back