GUILTY FL - Yvonne Bustamante, 27, & Jane Luciano, 23, burned alive, Lake Wales, 13 Dec 2007

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
LAKE WALES, Fla. — A man set fire to two women, including a pregnant one, and shot a man who tried to help them during a robbery attempt Thursday at an insurance business, police said.
Leon Davis Jr., whose 30th birthday is Friday, walked into the Nationwide Insurance office shortly after 3:30 p.m. and demanded money from two female employees, Police Chief Herbert Gillis said. Davis was not satisfied with the amount of money he was given, threw gasoline on the women and set them on fire, Gillis told The Ledger of Lakeland.
Davis then allegedly shot Brandon Griessman, 33, in the nose after he tried to help the women. The suspect fled leading authorities on a manhunt until he turned himself in at a Polk County Sheriff's Office substation about 7 p.m. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316805,00.html

I can't imagine what would cause a person to do something so cruel. My prayers go out to the victims and I hope they will recover. I hope the baby makes it. Six months is very early. I also hope he never gets out of prison.

What a senseless sin. Gasoline and acid I just can't stomach. What the heck is wrong with these people? Those people went to work and never dreamed such a thing could happen to them. What a savage.

He threw gasoline on these poor women and set them on fire because he wasn't satisfied with the amount of money he was given??? What kind of mind works like that?? Scary!

Hope that baby survives and the other victims pull through this.

I'm glad this nut is where he belongs!!

now I know how you guys feel this is like the third or fourth thing that is so close to my home

What the heII is wrong with people to do something like this ?

The next thing is why would you rob a insurance company it not like there a bank or retail store that does alot of daily money activity!

Sorry, again an instance where vigilante justice would be ok by me.

Sorry, again an instance where vigilante justice would be ok by me.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I like the way you think!!!!!!!!!!

I heard on the tv today that the baby has passed away :(
They also are looking at him for another attack and robbery.

VB

This guy needs to pay dearly for what has done !

That is sad news!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I like the way you think!!!!!!!!!!

nappy2,
Thanks. ;)

Sadly, I heard today that the baby also died.
I wish this pig unmeasurable suffering and despair.

http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/010108/D8TT6GQG0.shtml

Lake Wales police have also charged Davis with one count of attempted murder and several counts of arson, armed robbery, kidnapping, grand theft and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Davis also faces two counts of first-degree murder in the unrelated slayings of two gas station employees. The men were changing the price on a sign on Dec. 7 when Davis tried to rob the gas station, according to an arrest affidavit. Autopsy results showed that both men were shot execution-style.

From April 2011:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20110429/NEWS/110429306

Leon Davis Jr. showed no reaction Friday when he was sentenced to die for the killings of two women at a Lake Wales insurance agency...

The judge ruled Davis should receive life in prison for the death of Luciano's son, Michael Bustamante Jr., who was delivered prematurely the day of the attack and died a few days later.

After three years of legal wrangling and two failed attempts at a trial, Davis was found guilty in February.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back