Where's the FBI...The Cover Up Continues?

closeobserver

Reaction score
I am so angered by this case. What is taking so long to bring charges? It appears to me that there continues to be more internal damage control going on with this investigation. After all this time, it just seems like people are sitting on their hands.

Since there has been such a cover up on K.S's death, I think the FBI should be the lead on this case. There are too many people too close to this case still to be objective. LET'S GET ON WITH IT!

What it comes down to is the same government will be sued, doesn't matter that those in charge aren't the same ones from the Savio case. We know there are major lawsuits pending over this mess. The ones in place now do cover Stacy's case. We keep hearing the same cya stories. Even if they ever do charge him for Kathleen there won't be a conviction because they don't have the evidence now. Therefore it's merely a show of those in power now that they tried. This whole Savio matter will overflow into a trial for Stacy if he's ever charged in her case as well. The defense will be calling Mark Furman as a witness for what he went around uncovering this time that the same incompetent PD in Savio's case didn't do with Stacy's case as well. The entire media sensation in this case will come into play for the defense in this case and matter very much unlike the LP case. Seems like the only reason they are attempting an investigation is because of the media.

This has only been going on for 6 weeks. That's barely enough time for forensic evidence to have come back, let alone make an arrest. If you arrest a suspect too early, the justice system clock starts ticking and the DA. will run out of time. If a DA doesn't have a solid case and Drew is acquited he can't be retried. Scott Peterson wasn't arrested for almost a year. Wouldn't it be better to wait to see if a body is found? Besides, a Grand Jury is on this, which is the best thing that could have happened.

We also have to remember that the previous States Attorney's office was headed by a very corrupt and incompetent person. Think Riley Fox case. The new States Attorney, Glasgow, is a very different breed. It is his administration that reopened Kathleen's case and convened a Grand Jury. And the FBI has been brought into this case.

What it comes down to is the same government will be sued, doesn't matter that those in charge aren't the same ones from the Savio case. We know there are major lawsuits pending over this mess. The ones in place now do cover Stacy's case. We keep hearing the same cya stories. Even if they ever do charge him for Kathleen there won't be a conviction because they don't have the evidence now. Therefore it's merely a show of those in power now that they tried. This whole Savio matter will overflow into a trial for Stacy if he's ever charged in her case as well. The defense will be calling Mark Furman as a witness for what he went around uncovering this time that the same incompetent PD in Savio's case didn't do with Stacy's case as well. The entire media sensation in this case will come into play for the defense in this case and matter very much unlike the LP case. Seems like the only reason they are attempting an investigation is because of the media.

I like Mark F. But he hasn't necessarily uncovered anything that hasn't been uncovered by LE. For instance, Mark stated on Greta's show that LE hadn't asked for the Krispy Kreme tape. According to Stacy's sister, Cassandra, LE has had the tape all along. The fact that Mark F. exposes info on Greta's show, doesn't mean LE doesn't have it. It just means that LE hasn't released it to the public and Mark F. has.

I think that they have compiled an amazing amount of evidence and info in the short time that Stacy has been missing. In many missing person cases by this length of time they are still declared missing..look how quickly they moved to say they are thinking murder..it was a matter of only a few days in this case.

Pam Bosco says after meetings with the state that lasted 3 to 4 hours the family feels that they are doing a terrific job. These things take time to unfold. They need hard evidence to bring Drew to trial.

When people get impatient for an arrest, step back and think "OJ.":slap:

That's exactly what happened in the OJ case. They arrested him too soon, the defendent opted for a 'speedy trial,' and evidence was still being processed during the trial.:doh:

JMHO
fran

Oh, PS......PLUS they made a lot of dumb mistakes! The lab, police, pros, etc! "A defense lawyer doesn't win a case, the prosecution looses them."(quote from Schiparo when asked if he thought OJ was guilty)

I am so angered by this case. What is taking so long to bring charges? It appears to me that there continues to be more internal damage control going on with this investigation. After all this time, it just seems like people are sitting on their hands.

Since there has been such a cover up on K.S's death, I think the FBI should be the lead on this case. There are too many people too close to this case still to be objective. LET'S GET ON WITH IT!

------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think there is any "coverup". Just consider that search in the Canal alone. There are miles of waterway, tons and tons of junk to sift through and avoid. They are searching for that
"needle in the haystack", and really they aren't even sure what that needle is supposed to look like eh?
Putting a case together with out that so called "smoking gun"
takes a lot of clues. For me; it always go back to a time line.
Who was where, and who could be the bad guy. Hour by hour they have to account for everyone. I doubt Mr. Peterson is going to tell them what they need for a conviction, but other people, cameras, cell phones and other circumstantial evidence may.
It's usually out there, but the trick is to find it. I am
thinking Mr. Peterson is more likely to be charged in Kathleen's
death first anyway.
Mr. Furman mentioned last night on Greta that Mr. Peterson actually carried Lock Picking tools and was trained to use them.
Didn't I read he "Called a Locksmith" to open Kathleen's door when he brought back the kids on the day they found her?
How is that for another Hmmmmmmm moment?

Greybeard

------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think there is any "coverup". Just consider that search in the Canal alone. There are miles of waterway, tons and tons of junk to sift through and avoid. They are searching for that
"needle in the haystack", and really they aren't even sure what that needle is supposed to look like eh?
Putting a case together with out that so called "smoking gun"
takes a lot of clues. For me; it always go back to a time line.
Who was where, and who could be the bad guy. Hour by hour they have to account for everyone. I doubt Mr. Peterson is going to tell them what they need for a conviction, but other people, cameras, cell phones and other circumstantial evidence may.
It's usually out there, but the trick is to find it. I am
thinking Mr. Peterson is more likely to be charged in Kathleen's
death first anyway.
Mr. Furman mentioned last night on Greta that Mr. Peterson actually carried Lock Picking tools and was trained to use them.
Didn't I read he "Called a Locksmith" to open Kathleen's door when he brought back the kids on the day they found her?
How is that for another Hmmmmmmm moment?

Greybeard
I admit that patience is something I lack. On the other hand, Lisa Stebic's family has had nothing bad to say about LE in her case, and that case appears to be as cold as the ice in my freezer. It's just sad!

I think DP is a flight risk. He is probably converting and hiding assets right now for his escape.

What inculpatory evidence would you rely on to prosecute Drew?

Greybeard:

You brought up that DP carried "lock picking tools", that would make sense for any Police Officer to have. Which got me thinking, what else do they carry as part of their trade.

We know handcuffs (that would probably be the first item any kid would say), gun for sure, baton, hand held radio's, flashlights, belts.

I feel like I am missing something important that might pertain here. Any thoughts anyone??

They are dealing with a sociopath that knows how to cover crimes up... it is going to take time to bring Drew down, IMO. I think it will happen... but it's going to take time.

Elphaba:

Patience is a virtue. Plus, the DA wants to make sure all the abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyand z are covered for a conviction the first time around!!!

I'm patient considering how far this has gone from October 28th. Other cases that are here on WS, the LE don't even have 1/3 of what they have now.

Now that I very seriously responded........

WHY ISN'T DP BEHIND BARS???????????????????????

Sorry, just had to.

Why would Mark Furman be a witness for the DEFENSE? Who do you consider the defense? If you mean DP, then I can't see why they would call him. I would think the family could use his sleuthing in a civil case of wrongful death. I would think the prosecutor would use his discoveries in a case against the Police Department in a coverup, but not DP's defense team.

As "Midnite" said in the Scott P. case "Step back from the ledge". We need to be patient & help LE with our prayers & any clues we may think of. DrewP is going down. He is an experienced criminal .... but not a smart one. LE can & will CON the old Con!!!:mad: :furious:

I caught one of Greta's shows and actually paused to write down this quote.

"Any prosecutor that sends the police out to make an arrest
before there is a case -- proved beyond a reasonable doubt --
is making a enormous mistake."
Greta

It is just so applicable to so many cases that we follow here at WS. This quote is such a great reminder that there's no sense rushing justice. Drew's not going anywhere ... let's just hope that LE is putting together the strongest cases possible and that justice will be served for both Kathleen and Stacy.

I think starch was implying that Mark would be called as a "hostile witness" for the defense if DP ever went to trial for Stacy.

They would bring into play the fact that the very same LE that investiaged Kathy's murder did not find anything, but Mark did. So whatever the LE has found in Stacy's murder, would be circumspect.

Hopefully, I said the above right.

golfmom:

Webster's could use that in the dictionary! :)

Patience = Conviction

I think starch was implying that Mark would be called as a "hostile witness" for the defense if DP ever went to trial for Stacy.

They would bring into play the fact that the very same LE that investiaged Kathy's murder did not find anything, but Mark did. So whatever the LE has found in Stacy's murder, would be circumspect.

Hopefully, I said the above right.
I'm hoping so too. I would think that whatever he found would in the long run would destroy DP. If his attorney is dumb enough to put him on, that is.

I caught one of Greta's shows and actually paused to write down this quote.

"Any prosecutor that sends the police out to make an arrest
before there is a case -- proved beyond a reasonable doubt --
is making a enormous mistake."
Greta

It is just so applicable to so many cases that we follow here at WS. This quote is such a great reminder that there's no sense rushing justice. Drew's not going anywhere ... let's just hope that LE is putting together the strongest cases possible and that justice will be served for both Kathleen and Stacy.

So true.

I get impatient too, and I want to see him behind bars. But I keep reminding myself that I don't want him behind bars for just a short time. I want to know that when he is arrested they have a solid case that will lead to his conviction for 2 counts of 1st degree murder, with aggravated circumstances. For that reason, I am trying not to get impatient.

If they rushed an arrest right now, that would be the result of incompetence. And Kathleen's case has seen way too much incompetence. So as hard as it is to wait this out, I try to keep in mind- Kathleen's family has been waiting for years with less hope than we have now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back