'Too dark for Church of Satan' - Andrew Culver

JanetElaine

Reaction score
Another lovely area person. :doh:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316967,00.html

CORTLAND, Ohio — A teenager was arrested after a leader of the Church of Satan turned over to the FBI an e-mail the high school student had written to the sect in which he threatened to kill his grandparents, authorities said.
Andrew Culver, 18, told police the e-mail detailing his intention to kill his grandparents and steal their money and car was a joke, said Bazetta Township police Chief Charles Sayers.

His name sounds familiar... not sure why though.

Probable MySpace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=252515637

Of course.....everyone jokes about killing their grandparents and stealing their money.:doh:

I can't help but feel sad for these kids.
What causes so many teens to turn into killers or to want to kill?

To be fair, the Church of Satan isn't about violence and murder. It's about looking out for number one, even if it means being unkind to others. That isn't to say also though, that "true" Satanists aren't completely ruthless if crossed/dissed on their own turf, because they are, but usually within the bounds of the law. Risking prison isn't good Hedonistic sense after all, what fun can you have in prison?

Wikipedia said:
The Church of Satan is an organization for those who practice self-preservation as articulated in The Satanic Bible, written in 1969 by Anton Szandor LaVey.

It is described by its high priest as being a religion of anti-Christian atheists who do not actually believe in God, Satan, or an afterlife. Therefore, people should enjoy their current life and live it to the fullest.

ETA: No, I'm not a member, but I read up about them years ago during a "Satanic Ritual killing" mass media hysteria period. They don't really scare me, because I'm wise enough not to mess with them. If they give their word, they will keep it. Just make sure they aren't leaving themselves loopholes. Even then, usually they won't ruin their business reputation by ripping customers off, so if you get it in writing they will honor it.

This kis sounds like a ticking time bomb, thank God the Satanic church's leader turned over the letter to the FBI. I could not imagine someone wanting to kill their grandparents. This is probably a disillusioned youth who actually was considering it and thought that the church of satan would consider it acceptable. Thankfully, this was nipped in the bud before he really did something terrible.

I think that might be his myspace. His blurb tells how he's still in school and went through all that army stuff. His school info says he's still in school... Maybe it's a "special" school.

Anyway, if you look at his pictures he's got a killer tattoo. No, I mean that! Take a look! lol And he has a picture of a gun (rifle?) that he calls his baby.

I think it's possible this is his site, and he has a few personalities. I also think he was probably just trying to be cool by saying he was going to kill his grandparents etc. But in this day and age, better be safe than sorry.

I think it's interesting that the Church of Satan guy called the FBI. Good for him!

Satan would have prodded Andrew on till he did it.

IMO

Apparently he was suspended from school as well. A friend asks him Dec. 7, 2007 why he was suspended and his response was:
Dec 7, 2007 6:32 PM

i had to kick a kids *advertiser censored* cuz he hit my sgts son

The ROTC has a youth corps i think, maybe that's what he was starting in.. in any case if it is him, i sure hope he straightens out. I couldn't imagine anything funny in a joke about killing one's grandparents.. it does say on the myspace he likes heavy metal music, Taximom, you're probably right he was trying to sound cool. He has terrible terrible taste at his idea of a joke though. If he waits abit longer he can go over to Iraq and kill over there, leave his poor grandparents alone.. Hopefully the army will straighten him out, he seems very determined with the military.

Ah, that's right. I'd forgotten ROTC. Now it makes sense, and yeah now I see it as likely his MySpace page too.

KatK, totally O/T but I love your Christmas tree graphic. It's GORGEOUS.

The religion on the MySpace is listed as "Christian". Since he wrote to the Church of Satan about killing his grandparents, I was assuming he was atheist. I guess it could be him though.

KatK, totally O/T but I love your Christmas tree graphic. It's GORGEOUS.
Thanks. :blowkiss: If I didn't think at least two (out of five) of the cats would eat the tree and cause a fire I'd try to get one as close to that as I could. :) I've got ornaments (Out of cat reach on shelves too small for them to be on, and they know it.) and such out on display to make things festive, but no tree. Maybe someday we'll try again, but small.

I don't think that can be his MySpace. That guy is, (apparently) in the Army. They don't take you into service (As in, officially swear you in, put you through boot camp, and give you a uniform/rank.) until you have your High School Diploma or a GED. They arrested the guy at his High School. Probably not his MySpace.

There's 600 people in Bazetta. How many of them can be called Andrew Culver and be 18 years old? But, that's why I said - probable. ;)

See, I'd never have thought that kid would be the kind of kid even to joke about such a thing. Ya just never know. I'm wondering if the couple he is posing with on his pictures is his grandparents or are they his parents? Probably, the grands. Good lookout from "The Church Of Satan".

http://www.vindy.com/content/local_regional/290526556812800.php

CORTLAND — Police were concerned when the FBI forwarded an e-mail to them Thursday morning written by a Lakeview High School senior, in which he said: "... i need to kill i want to kill in the name of our unholy lord satan ..."
Their concern grew as they started to realize that the author included his real name and that his remarks were eerily similar to ones apparently written on the Internet on Sunday by a 24-year-old man the day he went on a shooting spree in Colorado aimed at Christians.

[snip]

Police confirmed that the boy's grandfather had firearms in the house, but they were locked up. Police also confirmed that the boy had already completed his basic training so that he could enter the Army as soon as he graduates from high school, something the boy mentioned in his e-mail.

That pretty much confirms the MySpace, I think. Here's (part of) the email he sent to the Church of Satan (also from that link):

"please let me kill in his name i live and [sic] ohio my grandfather was a lietuanent [sic] in police he has an entire arsenal of wepons [sic] i will kill both my grandparents and take all the wepons [sic] all the money and there [sic] car please employe [sic] me as an unholy warrior email i will kill at his comand [sic] with remorse"

Troubled much?!

Filly I think that must be his gp's in the picture. Sad isn't it. Good thing this got reported before anything could come of it!

Apparently his 18th birthday was today. My husband zapped by it on the news earlier. Without stopping. I need to have a talk with that man. :mad: :D

There's 600 people in Bazetta. How many of them can be called Andrew Culver and be 18 years old? But, that's why I said - probable. ;)

Aye, and as you read on you saw my realization about ROTC as well, eh? It didn't make sense at the time I posted, and later it did. :) :crazy:

Yeah, that is his myspace. On the local news tonight they showed his myspace pic.

I wonder where his parents are?

Court date tomorrow morning. Happy Birthday, son. :clap::rolleyes:

I don't think this nut was trying to be cool. He's dangerous. Obsessed with military thinking it means murder, weapons, joining Satanists, kicking people's a$$es for insulting "his" officer, getting suspended from school, and no telling what else. I'm glad he was caught and the grandparents better not ever trust him. I believe I'd move away and leave no forwarding address.

I don't think this nut was trying to be cool. He's dangerous. Obsessed with military thinking it means murder, weapons, joining Satanists, kicking people's a$$es for insulting "his" officer, getting suspended from school, and no telling what else. I'm glad he was caught and the grandparents better not ever trust him. I believe I'd move away and leave no forwarding address.

:clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes