Two L.A. Reservoirs Shut Down - Carcinogen in Water

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Two reservoirs that supply drinking water to parts of eastern and central Los Angeles have been shut down and will be drained because a rare sunlight-fueled chemical reaction tainted them with high levels of a chemical that can lead to cancer, utility officials said Friday.

and

Bromate is normally found as a byproduct of purifying water with ozone, a process that is not used in the two reservoirs, so testing was not required. That regulation will be changed, state health officials said.

The elevated levels of the chemical did not put the DWP in violation of regulations, which are based on an annual average.

Meanwhile, officials emphasized that the chemical is only dangerous after long-term consumption.

"There is no immediate health risk," Ramallo's statement said.

:eek:

It just gets scarier and scarier. Not only do we need to dodge the rampant criminal elements in these days and times, the Elements are also out of get us.

It's like that CSI episode they had recently, where the water caused the feminization of a boy, and it was suggested it was contributing to his mother's cancer.

You know, they say to drink tap water because purified bottled water is no better, but then you read this type of thing.

Great!:doh: Just what I needed to hear when I'm about to head down there...

i still say that the increase in estrogen from birth control pills in the water has led to increase in homosexuality. just a theory.. but since we now are seeing the feminization of male fish in many waterways... you gotta wonder.

just think... in a few generations, the problem of birth control could solve itself!!

i still say that the increase in estrogen from birth control pills in the water has led to increase in homosexuality. just a theory.. but since we now are seeing the feminization of male fish in many waterways... you gotta wonder.

just think... in a few generations, the problem of birth control could solve itself!!

Well, most of the gay men I know aren't the least bit feminine.

I completely agree that all of the drugs we're on now including anti-depressants are surely seeping into our water supplies. I read some really interesting articles about that very topic once; I wish I had kept them.

--lol--funny--but where did you hear homosexuality was increasing lol--its always been about 4% for men and 1 to 2% of women I think studies have shown over the years, with no change in that rate

some i've known aren't overly feminine either.. but they're still gay & not attracted to women. and i know homosexuality is as old as humanity itself,,, but part of my theory is that it's increasing.
are there really studies that prove it's always been the same? how can researchers possibly know that?

I've thought that homosexuality seems to be increasing, as well. Or maybe more people are comfortable coming out an an earlier age?

On the CSI episode, toxins in the water feminized a young man, but he wasn't gay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back