Bruce Zidarich

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
Greta with Bruce:

Timeline of Sunday according to Bruce.

Sunday morning around 10 AM, he shared back and forth text messages with Stacey. She then called him at 10:15. She said that she had been just lounging in bed for a couple of hours, and that she AND HER KIDS were going to go to the house to paint today. Bruce was supposed to wait to hear from Stacey's sister Cassandra, and then call Stacey after Cassandra got in touch with them. Then they were all to meet over there to paint. However, Cassandra had decided to go to her mother's house that day, and didn't call Bruce. At 4PM Bruce sent Stacey a text message saying "Lets paint tomorrow". He received no reply.

Greta asked him when he began to worry about Stacey. Bruce said that Cassandra called him around 7 PM and said she had not been able to reach Stacey all day. He relayed that he had not heard from her since 10 or so that morning, and that he didn't get a reply to the 4 PM text message he had sent her.

Bruce talks about Drew:

He knew DP for 3 years. The marriage has been troubled for the last year or so. Nothing violent. DP "seems like a normal guy".

There is a search organized for tomorrow to hand out fliers and search for Stacey. Gave address for search. Bruce says he's operating under the assumption that Stacey's alive. "She's been kidnapped or somethin.." He then looks around like he only half-believes that. He looks very uncomfortable.
Ms.Sheila wrote this back on 11-02-07 at 10:54pm.

I watched this interview and have been trying to find it for a long time now. The problem is that while it was with Greta...it is not listed among her archives.

We have taken a look at everyone in this case...except Bruce.

She either talked to or texted him about painting a house the day she went missing. Bruce is a friend of Cassandra's. Cassandra said in her interview that she didn't know about painting and that she had basically blown Bruce off to go to her mom's that morning. She was supposed to call Bruce when she got up, but she didn't.

Bruce said he texted her at 4:00pm. No response back.

Bruce called Drew at 2:30am asking for Stacy after finding out from Cassandra (was he with her then?) that Stacy's car was parked back in the driveway. He said Drew told him that Stacy had parked the car at the "whatchamacallit" and stammered about clearing his head..then said Clow Airport. (I will have to find those quotes.)

Something has been bothering me about Bruce since I watched that interview. I can't put my finger on what or why...but I think I have said before that I felt like he knew more than he was saying or he was actually hiding something. Even Ms. S stated she thought he looked uncomfortable. He really DID. I thought perhaps it was only because he had never been on camera before...but I think it is more than that.

Wasn't it also Bruce who talked with Drew that night or rather early morning....around 2:30 am or so? He was with Cassandra at the time IIRC. He called Drew at home and asked for Stacy, Drew bumbled around and said Stacy called from the whatchamacallit, that she left him, blah blah

I think Bruce didn't believe himself when he said he thought she'd been kidnapped because he was at Cassandra's side, he surely knew what she was thinking. Bruce would have been aware of the cars not being in the driveway and that Drew lied to Cassandra when he told her he was home when Cassandra is parked down the street looking at the empty driveway.

Right! I found more of what we discussed early on in the case:
My post on 11-03-07: Does anyone think that Bruce might have helped her disappear? If Sarge was jealous of him (which I find VERY likely), could Sarge have done something to implicate Bruce to force him to help? Something just doesn't set right with me about Bruce after watching the interview. Maybe it was Bruce saying what a good guy he was and all of that. I noticed Bruce is the only person talking about her still being found alive...which to me is curious when her family feels so certain it is not the case.

Stacey had made definite plans to see Bruce to paint. How do we know she didn't actually go to that house and whatever took place...happened there? Bruce could have been a witness and Sarge could have threatened him in order to insure his silence.

Ms.Sheila's post:
I noticed that and posted about how uncomfortable he looked saying that she was "maybe kidnapped or something".... He definetely looked like he didn't believe what his own lips were saying.

Right! I found more of what we discussed early on in the case:

There just doesn't appear to be any evidence that Stacy actually left the house. That coupled with what one of the sons said about them fighting and then total silence is very ominous to me. And, Stacy just doesn't seem like someone who would simply choose to completely leave everyone she ever cared about....most of all her children.

While I agree, it does seem the way it went...but right afterwards...Cassandra and Sharon are the only people who spoke to one of the boys...who first said she was at Grandpa's then later, in person, mentioned the fight. I don't understand why neither one of those women asked him a million questions! If I thought my sister/best friend met with foul play...you bet I would be grilling my nephews right along with her husband or anyone else who was in that house. (Not knocking Cassandra or Sharon...just saying it isn't how I would have reacted is all.)

What IF (I sound like Camper now.) Stacy did leave the house and Drew didn't find her until later that afternoon while she was with Bruce? Maybe a huge fight ensued and he did something to her then...with Bruce becoming a witness that Drew put the fear of God into. (Of course, this is all pure conjecture.)

I don't think Stacy would permanently leave the children. Still...remember what Drew said..that she sometimes left to cool down or whatever he called it. "She would take off for a few hours like this," Peterson said. "She would say she would vent."
http://www.wisn.com/news/14494262/detail.html

What if they fought and maybe Drew wouldn't allow her to take the kids. Perhaps she thought if she left that things would settle down by the time she returned? In the meantime, Drew could have become even more livid and went to find her. That would mean nothing happened at the house so the crime scene wouldn't be there. It would account for lack of evidence.

I would be very surprised to learn that the crime scene was somewhere other than the Peterson house. The crime happening elsewhere doesn't explain Thomas Morphey helping DP move the blue container from the bedroom to the Denali. Also, the cadaver dogs hit on the bedroom and Stacy's car.

I think the crime happened at the Peterson home the morning of October 28th sometime shortly after 10:30am.

However, do we know for sure there is a lack of evidence?
Surely the pd hasn't released all information to the public.

While I agree, it does seem the way it went...but right afterwards...Cassandra and Sharon are the only people who spoke to one of the boys...who first said she was at Grandpa's then later, in person, mentioned the fight. I don't understand why neither one of those women asked him a million questions! If I thought my sister/best friend met with foul play...you bet I would be grilling my nephews right along with her husband or anyone else who was in that house. (Not knocking Cassandra or Sharon...just saying it isn't how I would have reacted is all.)

What IF (I sound like Camper now.) Stacy did leave the house and Drew didn't find her until later that afternoon while she was with Bruce? Maybe a huge fight ensued and he did something to her then...with Bruce becoming a witness that Drew put the fear of God into. (Of course, this is all pure conjecture.)

I don't think Stacy would permanently leave the children. Still...remember what Drew said..that she sometimes left to cool down or whatever he called it. What if they fought and maybe Drew wouldn't allow her to take the kids. Perhaps she thought if she left that things would settle down by the time she returned? In the meantime, Drew could have become even more livid and went to find her. That would mean nothing happened at the house so the crime scene wouldn't be there. It would account for lack of evidence.

I don't think it happened that way; first of all Bruce would surely have told LE what he saw, which ought to then be enough for an arrest - especially since now they'd have a crime scene and hopefully evidence from it. He could also ask for protection, which is what I think Tom Morphey may have done.

Besides, the cadaver dogs got two hits in the house.

If Bruce did something to Stacy, then she would not be able to call Drew at 9PM.

And if I remember correctly, Cassandra did blow off the painting, she did let Bruce know, Bruce called Stacy then after that neither Cassandra or Bruce were able to get ahold of Stacy.

Her phone called Drews phone...do we know she dialed?

Drew said he spoke with her. If Bruce did something to Stacy, then she could not have spoken to Drew, and there would be no reason for Drew to lie about it and set up the phone ping with Tom. We know Drew could not have spoken to Stacy as Drew's phone was with Tom when the call came in at Krispy Kreme.

With all due resepect, I'm sorry, but blaming Bruce for this seems so unfair. He's not the one with one suspiciously dead wife; he wasn't the insanely possessive one who tailed Stacy and had her phone tracked. He's not the one who told several of the women in his life he could kill them and make it look like an accident.

Bruce looked uncomfortable during an interview; I probably would too. Unless cadaver dogs come up with a hit at Bruce's house or in his car, or some other evidence, I'm not willing to blame him on the basis of looking uncomfortable in front of a camera.

I wrote a lengthy post at 4:30 AM and did not copy it, and it vanished when I clicked the submit button, GRRRR.

Observations and questions about the 'Paint' connection.

1. First of all I would never take a 2 year old and a 4 year old on a painting trip.

2. Would there have been a place for the 2 year old to take a nap, or what was planned for lunch for everyone.

3. Whose home was it to be painted, was it occupied or have any furniture in it?

4. IF IF Stacy did go to paint, when did she leave, when did she arrive there, HOW was she to have gained access to the house, a key or what?

5. Communication was rather hot and rather heavy around the 10:00 AM hour, why nothing til 7 PM?

6. DP told the children Stacy went to Grandpa's?

7. Did the children know they were ALL going to go with mom to PAINT? The children would know the answer to that.

8. WHY would Stacy not CALL Cassandra to see why or when she would be coming, IF IF she had actually arrived at the home to paint?

9. No mention of Stacy calling Cassandra, just that Cassandra had blown it off and gone to her moms.

10. Sisters that were looking forward to being together would have tried to make contact with each other, imop.

11. WHY did Bruce wait until so late to see what the plan was?

12. Bruce and Cassandra's version both come up short.

In the Globe newspaper issue of Dec 24, 2007. Retired FBI special agent Ted Gunderson ties a neat part of his senario into 'Stacy's diary being shredded, when Ric Mims saw DP and a 'friend' shredding things in secrecy, while writing notes to each other rather than speaking out loud where Ric could hear them.

Could the story that Bruce and Cassandra have told be tied into a FACT that they knew of the diary and knew its contents, and that they both might be really fearful for their lives BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY KNOW.

Could there be HEAVY CRIMINAL activity that is a part of the entire cover up by DP and his 'cover' people?

So -> When did Cassandra AND Bruce REALLY KNOW THAT Stacy was not coming? Answer: When DP said she went to Grandpas and they checked that out, and it was a LIE, they KNEW that DP KNEW that THEY KNEW and they were and are afraid for their lives BECAUSE OF WHAT THE KNOW.

Wish someone could dig up the TV interview with Bruce Z.

Hi Camper, It's always the lenghty posts that go poof!

1.I don't think Stacy ever planned on taking the little ones painting. Drew would have been home and the teenagers as well.

2. No need for a napping spot if the kids weren't there.

3. House had been rented by Stacy's brother and he violated parole and was sent back to jail. His siblings were going to paint and clean to get his deposit back.

4. Don't know about a key, but Bruce cancelled the painting project and Cassandra also tried to call Stacy but was unsuccesful.

5. Not sure what you mean about hot and heavy. As far as we know, only painting was being discussed. And what happened at 7PM?

6. True

7. I don't think taking the kids to paint was ever in the plans.

8. Because Stacy was killed immediately after the 10AM phone call from Bruce. Bruce is the last person to talk to Stacy.

9. Not sure of that, but Cassandra did try to call Stacy all day and was unsuccesful.

10. Cassandra tried, and Stacy couldn't, IMO, because she was dead.

11. Who knows, 10am isn't that late.

12. How so? they tried to call Stacy all day long. They went looking for her. They called and talked to Pam about it.

So -> When did Cassandra AND Bruce REALLY KNOW THAT Stacy was not coming? Answer: When DP said she went to Grandpas and they checked that out, and it was a LIE, they KNEW that DP KNEW that THEY KNEW and they were and are afraid for their lives BECAUSE OF WHAT THE KNOW.

No one was expecting Stacy to be anywhere, remember Bruce and Cassandra cancelled plans to meet Stacy to paint.

Thank you SuziQ.

Re:

5. Communication was rather hot and rather heavy around the 10:00 AM hour, why nothing til 7 PM?

Read that Bruce and Stacy were text messaging around 10:AM, and then Stacy called Bruce.

My mind has gone south today, who again is Bruce?

IF you could see my computer desk you would understand my confusion. Christmas is coming like a freight train and I am struggling to get my body off the train track.

Certainly a noble cause to tidy up the brothers home, but do WE know why Cassandra blew it off? Was it because she could not reach Stacy ?, or huh?

Thank you SuziQ.

Re:

Read that Bruce and Stacy were text messaging around 10:AM, and then Stacy called Bruce.

My mind has gone south today, who again is Bruce?

IF you could see my computer desk you would understand my confusion. Christmas is coming like a freight train and I am struggling to get my body off the train track.

Certainly a noble cause to tidy up the brothers home, but do WE know why Cassandra blew it off? Was it because she could not reach Stacy ?, or huh?

Bruce is Cassandra's friend. My understanding is that Cassandra blew off the painting project and Bruce called Stacy. No text messaging involvedAs far as anyone has been able to dicern, Cassandra simply wanted to go visit her mom, who in this case would be Cassandra's guardian, Pam Bosco.

I think you may have confused the naughty text messages Stacy exchanged with Steve Rosetto weeks before Stacy went missing.

I remember something being reported very early in the case that there was discussion on Friday or Saturday between Bruce, Cassandra, and Stacy about going to the house to paint on Sunday, but that there wasn't a confirmed plan. Bruce's call to Stacy on Sunday morning shortly after 10:00am was a "well are we on for painting today or not" type call. At that point, Stacy was planning on going to paint, but Bruce still had to reach Cassandra and confirm it with her, and when he did, Cassandra had other plans - going to see her mother (Pam Bosco).

From what I gather of the events reported, Cassandra tried calling Stacy sometime a bit later, shortly after noon and got no answer. That's when she initially started getting concerned. Remember, at this point, Stacy had a new cell phone and a new number that DP didn't know about. After repeated attempts to call Stacy that Sunday afternoon is when Cassandra got real worried.

Leila:

I also remember the same. If needed, I will go back and look at Thread 1 or 2 of Stacy's. That would be roughly where this was stated at.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back