FL - Parents Tried To Sell Baby In Store Parking Lot For $30

White Rain

Reaction score
PENSACOLA, Fla. — A couple was charged Friday with trying to sell their 2-month-old baby for $30 in a store parking lot, authorities said.
Robert G. Ellingson, 23, approached two people in the PetSmart parking lot and offered them a beer. When they refused, he offered to sell his child, Escambia County Sheriff's officials said.
"At first they thought it was a joke," sheriff's spokesman Glenn Austin told the Pensacola News Journal. "But then the mother yelled to the group that they were trying to sell the baby. And one of them called us."
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317994,00.html

OMG! What is wrong with people?

They are out of their minds.

I agree Filly, I cannot believe these stupid idiotic people, dont know if they want the money for drugs as $30 doesnt sound like enough, how can anyone put a price on a human life. I am absolutely disgusted.

Thank the Lord they didn't ask a pedophile. That poor baby would have been snatched up by a perv in a heartbeat.

Here's mughots of the pair. This article says they had also tried to sell the baby earlier that day in a bank parking lot. WTH? Thanks for this thread White Rain. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the article.http://www.news4jax.com/news/14911758/detail.html

Ah, a two-month-old white baby? People pay much, much more for them! But then, it's only legal if it costs $20,000, and the money goes to someone else.

hey kids, do meth much?

would it have been an illegal act if you bought the baby, got their information & license plate # & then called police?

(florida again..... figures!! WTF is going on down there?!)

They sound like drug addicts, only someone on drugs would do something so stupid and openly. Did they actually think they wouldn't get caught?

They are 23 and 25? They look much older...

And that is exactly what a hard life of drugs and not taking care of yourself will do to you!

You're right....but I have to say NOT EVERY ADDICT WOULD SINK THIS LOW....I was a meth addict 2 yrs ago... (for 2 yrs) Had I of gotten preg. I would quit, and God, NEVER would sell my baby....But I do realize there ARE addicts who will do this...it does sound like these people were addicts...hate to sound ugly but if they were willing to sell their baby for $30 perhaps the baby would have been better off...at least to a good family....

This story is pathetic on so many levels. I hope that baby is placed in a stable loving home.

You'd have thought the mother would try prostituting herself as i'd imagine that would sell better than a baby if they wanted drug money.. so bizarre.. if they wanted to give the baby a better life, why not hook up with an organization that would find a loving couple to adopt it with a full background check done? These two are definitely lacking..

The more i think about this case, the more it looks like a cry of help from the parents. Obviously somebody is going to call the police, maybe they were into drugs over their heads and this was their plea for help.. so sad..

I would have shelled out the $30.00 for sure! Then once the baby was safe in my hands, called the authorities!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back