BBPD at Drew's House Today 12/26/07

Aquote from ADMIN over there at fsp.com that the police were at Sharon's house:

quote author=Admin link=topic=2194.msg52910#msg52910 date=1198684165]
She just called me back. The police team that was there was an evidence team. Sharon and another neighbor received letters * and information about where someone thinks Stacy's body is. Sharon also had a big Christmas stocking on her mailbox. Sharon called the police so they could collect the evidence from her and one of the other neighbors.

*edit: they received these letters in their mailboxes. There was a cab seen parked in the court for about 20 minutes at about 2am this morning.
[/quote]

Anyone think they are more letters from *him*?

Thanks for the update, DeltaDawn.

Thanks DD, very interesting development. Weird about the cab. The company will have records.

There is something wrong with that report. BBPD is not working Stacy's case. And I am sure that Sharon at least knows that if she gets evidence related to Stacy's disappearance she should contact ISP. I'm not contradicting the report, but either BBPD was there for another reason or it was actually the ISP that was there. At least I hope that it was ISP.

There is something wrong with that report. BBPD is not working Stacy's case. And I am sure that Sharon at least knows that if she gets evidence related to Stacy's disappearance she should contact ISP. I'm not contradicting the report, but either BBPD was there for another reason or it was actually the ISP that was there. At least I hope that it was ISP.

At the thread over there they are saying it was probably ISP AND FBI. The person who started that thread heard the info on a police scanner frequency used by BBPD. So it could have gone out on their scanner as well for info for them. Also she thought that was Drew's address but was actually Sharon's. Still a good catch for the poster because we wouldn't know about it she hadn't posted something there. Also a couple of people over there (FSP.COM) know Sharon personally so they called her and reported what she said.

Also someone over there has a relative on the police force in another town who knows BBPD policeman. They said that this individual told them that BBPD does believe that Drew was involved in Stacy's disappearance and want to see him arrested. BBPD is not involved but do want to see the person responsible apprehended.

This is definitely an interesting turn of events. Could be some wacko or could be somebody that actually saw something and waited till Drew and his family were not there.

Drew is not at Disney World..they think he maybe at his Mom's with the children.

Still, why write to Sharon when everyone in the US knows who is working on this case! I think this is more of Drew's antics.

Still, why write to Sharon when everyone in the US knows who is working on this case! I think this is more of Drew's antics.

It could be a diversionary tactic by DrewP. But somehow I think DrewP would consider the fact that there wouldn't be that many taxi's running on Christmas Day, making it easier to track down the driver of that taxi and easier to find out who it was.

I believe it is either a person who wanted to insert some chaos in the investigation (like the truckers did) or it is a person who does know something and is too scared to come forward. Considering the cost of taxi rides, I seriously think is the latter.

I just finished reading all 9 pages of that thread. My impression is that someone other than DP may have sent the letters. The only reason I think it's someone other than DP is because the letters are described as giving information on where the body can be found. If it was DP sending the letters, he would be giving information on where Stacy and "the man she ran off with" are located. He wouldn't be giving info on where the body could be found as he's maintained that she ran off with another man.

We can only hope that those letters Sharon and the other neighbor received contain some accurate information. Perhaps it was someone who fears coming forward because they have a dubious background themselves?

Why wouldn't they just have mailed the letters then to ISP or even BBPD ( they would have forwarded them to ISP) ?

Since Sharon's husband was the one that saw a taxi outside the house, they are lucky he didn't call BBPD then to lodge a complaint about trespassing. Why take the chance of getting caught?

Maybe someone called a cab to pick up and deliver the letters and cards for them? Maybe the cab driver got scared and just pitched the letters onto the driveway of each neighbor and left.

I kind of got the feeling that someone may have info and this is a start into what they have and they did this as a Christmas wish, hanging a stocking and then putting the notes there to be found.

But it could also be a Drew ploy to throw off the investigation yet again.

Sounds like an overzealous poster to me, sad to say. I haven't read the thread there yet, but that is my initial impression here. There are people who are very much into their own theories everywhere so it wouldn't have to be a poster, but I figure if someone is going to do to all that trouble...they would be at FSP.com, too, and watching everything on the case.

Ah, I didn't even think about the posters at Gretawire. Yes, there are.

I do know there was some mention of people sending Christmas cards to Stacy to bombard DP...which I felt was a horrible idea, but stayed away from an opinion on that one...However, I can see someone sending Sharon and neighbors things to forward their theories to LE. They wanted Sharon to give their ideas to LE, but I bet they didn't expect such a reaction! LOL

Why wouldn't they just mail the theories to LE then?

Maybe it could be someone who really, really does not want to be revealed as the tipster.
Maybe a young person or battered spouse or a local business owner. Maybe someone who is a friend or member by marraige of Drew's family, and does not want to be ostrasized.
Consider what one might do if they were living with someone who has knowledge of the crime and you know they won't come forward to police. What would you do if you were a young teenager and one of your parents or an older sibling were involved? What if they don't know that you saw? Your life could be in danger if anyone knew that you told. We have all seen how slow CPS is to remove a child from a dangerous murderer's home.

People don't always do the logical thing when they are scared. It could be a prank...I hope it is properly investigated.

Susan

I just saw this over at Gretawire. I'm looking forward to watching Greta tonight, as she might have more on this.

December 26th, 2007 5:13 PM Eastern
Email From FNC’s Jeff Goldblatt - Re: Stacy Peterson

by Greta Van Susteren
NOTE: I just got an email from my colleague Jeff Goldblatt…here it is:

Just got off the phone with Sharon Bychowski, Stacy Peterson’s next door neighbor and one of her best friends. She tells me that when she got up yesterday, she found the word “Stacy” spraypainted on her mailbox and crossed out in red ink. Her initial thought: kids playing a prank.
Fast forward to this morning: she awoke to find 50 photos taken at a graveyard (all 5 by 7s) scattered up and down her driveway and on her yard. She says there was a Christmas stocking attached to her mailbox, and inside her mailbox, a 3 page “letter”, which included a copy of a National Inquirer article on the Peterson case, a map of a cemetary in Lynwood, IL (which is where the Inquirer speculated that Stacy’s body has been dumped), and a rambling letter that among other things, told Sharon that “this is where you can find her.”
Bychowski called police. 2 squad cars and an evidence technician responded and took a police report. I’m still awaiting a response from police on this matter.
Bychowski thinks this is the work of a “kid” or some kind of deranged person and NOT someone who has any knowledge of Stacy’s whereabouts. At this very minute, Bychowski is out doing some post-hooliday shopping and seems reluctant to talk about this matter on-camera, stressing that she wants to the focus to be about finding Stacy. She says the last thing she wants to be is a sideshow and a media distraction.

That seems pretty bizarre (like many other things in this case) but does sound like it is someone who is wanting attention. A lot of overdoing it- Christmas stocking, pictures in the driveway, spray paint (makes me think kids) plus a letter. No mention of the sight of a taxi in the middle of the night.

Kid wanting to get attention, DrewP or a frustrated "sleuth" who feels that their "tip" is not being taken seriously is my guess.

Anxiously waiting for Greta. I have to say the above almost sounds like a prank.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back