FL FL - Michael 'Austin' Davis, 26, Jacksonville, 26 June 2007

ipswitch

Former Member
Reaction score
I didn't see where this has been posted before, but if it has, could the mods please merge threads...

Michael Austin Davis

www.FindAustinDavis.com

Michael Austin Davis
Last Seen June 25th, 2007
26 years old
5' 8" Height 160 lbs
IF SEEN - Contact:
*JSO Missing Persons Unit 904-630-2627
Family 1-904-375-1900 or 1-850-340-0440
Email: FindAustin@iticomputers.com

Austin is now on Project Jason's 18 Wheel Angel campaign. A special poster has been made for him and can be downloaded and printed for placement. More information about the program, and the link for the poster can be found here:

http://projectjason.org/18wheel.shtml

In addition to the campaign, Austin is also featured in a national trucking publication, either Through the Gears or Independent Contractor. These free magazines are distributed in truck stops nationwide and have a circulation of about 150,000.

Through the Gears and Independent Contractor are two of Target Media Partner's many publications. In partnership with Project Jason, they each feature two missing persons each per month. You can pick up your free copies at a local truck stop, but if it's far from you, you may want to call and ask if they carry that magazine. These are NOT with the regular for purchase magazines.

You can also see the current campaign information on this Target Media Partners site: http://www.thetrucker.com/Features/Missing_Week_2.aspx

We hope this helps in the search for Austin. Please consider printing and placing a poster in businesses in your community.

Updates on Austin's Case: http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=1174.0

Kelly, Project Jason

What happened to Michael "Austin" Davis, 26 of Jacksonville, Florida?

Michael+Austin+Davis+26+Missing+from+FL+since+2007.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ht4YDxZpR...ustin+Davis+26+Missing+from+FL+since+2007.jpg

http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2010/03/what-happened-to-michael-austin-davis.html

I came across this case looking for another person and I am not researching this but fount it to be very interesting. I thought it would be a great challenge and working case for some of you here because there is a lot of information and dozens of photos from different angles. Also the family welcomes information. I hope that is correct.:twocents:

http://www.iticomputers.com/_AustinDavis/About.asp

This is the only working link from all the ones posted above. There are only 2 posts
Find Austin Davis
First post:

Last Seen June 26th, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
DOB: 04/24/81
Height 5' 8" / Weight 180 lbs.
Brown Hair/ Blue Eyes/Left Handed
Scar on right cheek / Dimples

Jacksonville, FL, October 18, 2007 – Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office has released information regarding the disappearance of Michael “Austin” Davis, 26, from his Westside home on the morning 0f June 26, 2007.

“We now know,” said Anita Sullivan, sister of the missing man, “that Austin’s mysterious taxi ride ended at Jax Jewelry and Pawn Shop at the intersection of 103rd Street and Blanding Boulevard around 12:30pm on June 26th.

JSO has confirmed Austin bought a shotgun there and the clerk said he put the gun in a duffle bag and left the shop on foot.”

We have searched the area but found nothing”. “The pawn shop clerk said the gun barrel was protruding from the duffle bag when he left the shop. As busy as that area is midday, we think it is likely someone saw him and would remember something as unusual as a young man walking on Blanding or 103rd with a gun in a duffel bag”, the missing man’s sister said.

“We are hopeful someone will come forward, possibly with information regarding his direction of travel and help us target other areas to search”, Anita Sullivan said.

Anyone who may have seen a man walking with a duffle bag on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 26 in the area of Blanding Bvd. and 103rd Street, which includes Wesconnett Blvd., Timuquana Road, Jammes, and surrounding areas, is urged to step forward.

He may have been walking in any direction, and may have been seen on side roads up to several miles away from the intersection. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

This is the only working link from all the ones posted above. There are only 2 posts
Find Austin Davis
Second post:

Message from Mom, June 2013
Hi Son,
How can it be that 6 years have passed since I sat with you at Drew’s birthday party, then later sat and talked into the night……I miss you. How did I not know that time counted in hours would change every aspect of my life, leaving a hole in my heart that won’t heal? The phone call from your sister telling me you couldn’t be found should we call the police? Yes…I’m on my way to you, hours of driving with thoughts of finding you and asking why did you worry us, what were you thinking? Me determined to find you and ask, knowing that together we could figure out any problem, we could find solutions…..never thinking that six years later I’d still be searching, wanting so badly to bring you home. I think you know, you know that I’m looking for you, that I won’t quit, that even as I search for others that need to be brought Home you are there with me. I’ve wondered over the years would you approve, and God gifted me with peace that allowed me to know that you do, and some days I can feel a special warmth that lets me know you’re close, and on those days I can see your smile, and hear your “oh mom” as you laugh, cause I should know you would. I knew your heart, but didn’t always understand your pain.
I miss you,
Mom

The "About" section has a video and story.

Find Austin Davis

Austin is a wonderful young man who is full of love and kindness. He is often more concerned about the feelings of others than he is about his own. I will always remember the time that he took the last Popsicle from a box in the freezer. When he learned that his mother did not get one, he cried and offered it to her. He has always been sensitive to the feelings of others. Austin has always been there for others who need help and now he needs ours. Austin has held himself to high standards since he was a child and has always tried to meet the expectations of others in his life. He has always wanted the approval of others and hated to disappoint others, especially those who loved him. We believe these wonderful personality traits may be key to Austin’s disappearance.

On June 07, 2007 Austin was jailed overnight in the Clay County, FL jail located in Green Cove Springs for driving on a suspended license in Orange Park, FL. His license had been suspended because he had failed to pay traffic tickets. His car was impounded, leaving him without transportation. I picked Austin up from the jail the following day and witnessed his shame and embarrassment. He was remorseful about his failure to pay his tickets and knew that he had disappointed his family and others that loved him.

We now know that the last time we know of that Austin was seen was on June 26th, 2007 when he took a taxi ride that ended at Jax Jewelry and Pawn Shop at the intersection of 103rd Street and Blanding Boulevard around 12:30pm on June 26th. He left the pawn shop on foot, and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

We do not know where Austin is now but we are determined to find him. We cannot do this by ourselves. Fortunately we are receiving help from many people in many places. The search of Austin must be the public’s search. We need to broadcast Austin’s disappearance from sea to shining sea and all points in between. This is a major effort that requires every possible media outlet to include, TV, newspapers, magazines, club and civic publications, internet, flyers, signs and any other means that can post his photo and this website. We are grateful to all the media and other people who have posted his photo and informed the public that we need help to locate Austin.

Although we will never stop looking for Austin until we find him and have his image burned in our hearts, we know as time rolls on others will forget him. Accordingly, it is essential that we maintain a full-court press to keep Austin’s photo and story before the public and in the minds of others. Please help us make this happen. Contact any/all media outlets in your area and routinely and ask that they continue to help us by publishing a story and/or photo of Austin. Take Austin’s flyer and relay his story t o clubs, civic organizations and churches. These outlets are often more helpful than the press and often have contacts that can help. Keep posting his flyers and adding his photo/story to websites and bulletin boards. Please be creative. A car wash on Blanding Blvd. in Orange Park, FL displays the website address on their electronic sign. I am certain there are other opportunities and methods to get Austin’s photo before the public that we have not even considered. Please brain-storm and follow through with any idea you have that can put the word out, regardless of how “out of the box” it may appear. Let us know if you need resources (findaustin@iticomputers.com).

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

We know Austin is out there and we will find him soon. Keep the faith.

It is good to hear he was willing to speak up about his depression and seek help. I sincerely hope he was able to achieve his goal.

Michael Austin Davis – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since 06/26/2007
  • Missing From Jacksonville, Florida
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 04/24/1981 (39)
  • Age 26 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7 - 5'8, 160 - 180 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Unknown, but he usually wears baggy jeans and t-shirts or button-down shirts.
  • Medical Conditions Davis was depressed at the time of his disappearance and may have been suicidal.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Davis goes by his middle name, Austin. He has a scar on the right side of his face, about an inch long, that runs from his cheek to his lip. He also has facial dimples.
Details of Disappearance
Davis was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida on June 26, 2007. That day, he called his employer, Megabytes Computers, and said he was taking the day off to take care of some personal business. He took a taxicab away from his sister's home that morning.

The cab took him to Jax Jewelry and Pawn Shop, where he purchased a shotgun, put it in a duffel bag and left on foot. He left behind all his possessions, including his bookbag, laptop and a blank check from his father. He may have been carrying about $1,000 in cash on him when he disappeared.

Two weeks before he disappeared, Davis had been arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession and driving on a suspended license. His car was impounded and he was booked into jail for the night, then was bailed out by a relative. His license had been suspended for failure to pay traffic tickets.

He attempted to pay the tickets after he was released from jail, but had difficulty doing so because they had been issued in Tallahassee, Florida and he was without transportation. His loved ones believe he may have gotten a ride to Tallahassee with an unknown friend on the day of his disappearance. Davis was upset and ashamed about being arrested. He spoke with some friends about getting medical attention for his depression.

On July 5, a witness reported seeing a man matching Davis's description at a car lot on U. S. 27. He asked for water, and said he had not eaten in two days. The witness gave him some food and water. The man may have been hitchhiking and said he was trying to find a hospital or other facility to treat his depression. It has not been confirmed that this individual was Davis, however.

Davis is described as a kind, loving, well-mannered man who was close to his family in 2007. He is good with computers and enjoys fishing. His loved ones stated he smoked marijuana occasionally but did not use other illegal drugs.

There has been no activity on Davis's cellular phone or bank accounts since he went missing. His family fears he may have taken his own life. His disappearance remains unsolved.

Reactions: BRS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back