Man Says MP3 Player He Bought His Daughter For Christmas Was Preloaded With *advertiser censored*

I had the same thing happen to me years ago with a SuperNintendo!!!!

We got it as a Christmas present at a game store. Difference with us is that we knew we were buying it and the games used. Someone previously had used the paint program that we got and was VERY artistic with it. I was on the phone with Nintendo Christmas night trying to figure out how to erase the entire game memory so that my kids could play with it. They were all under ten at the time!

Could the person have managed to make the package look un-opened to an inexperienced store employee handling the return? If that is the case, I'd say Wal-Mart really isn't to blame, the cheat who returned it is to blame. I wonder if there is a way to track down who it was that returned the item and "blacklist" them so they can't scam Wal-Mart anymore, to ensure a similar incident doesn't occur? :waitasec:

Could the person have managed to make the package look un-opened to an inexperienced store employee handling the return? If that is the case, I'd say Wal-Mart really isn't to blame, the cheat who returned it is to blame. I wonder if there is a way to track down who it was that returned the item and "blacklist" them so they can't scam Wal-Mart anymore, to ensure a similar incident doesn't occur? :waitasec:

The father claims that Walmart sold it as new and violated their own policy when they did that. I saw him in an interview on TV tonight. He is defintely preparing to sue.

The player had hardcore *advertiser censored*, graphic bloody war images and rap music with vulgar language on it.

I have no idea what Walmart's policy is regarding returned merchandise.

The father claims that Walmart sold it as new and violated their own policy when they did that. I saw him in an interview on TV tonight. He is defintely preparing to sue.

The player had hardcore *advertiser censored*, graphic bloody war images and rap music with vulgar language on it.

I have no idea what Walmart's policy is regarding returned merchandise.

I saw this on the news.
Not sure about WM but I used to work at Kmart, and at the return desk. Now MP3 Players WEREN'T around back then, (2003) but if something was brought back and and looked ok and the person said "nothing was wrong with it, I just didn't want it" or something like that, it was put back on the shelf, electronic or not.
That being said, I would also be upset if my child viewed this.
BUT, I am not so sure that WM is to blame.

I totally believe it. I recently returned a "NEW" phone to walmart because when I plugged it in it had a whole bunch of numbers on the caller ID.

I saw this on the news.
Not sure about WM but I used to work at Kmart, and at the return desk. Now MP3 Players WEREN'T around back then, (2003) but if something was brought back and and looked ok and the person said "nothing was wrong with it, I just didn't want it" or something like that, it was put back on the shelf, electronic or not.
That being said, I would also be upset if my child viewed this.
BUT, I am not so sure that WM is to blame.

This is what I was thinking when I posted to this topic. Parents, ALWAYS start up/plug in electronics you buy for your kids FIRST. Not only to make sure they work, but to be sure they weren't returned to the store by a scammer, and have already been used, maybe with unsavory things in the memory.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back