FL - Cheyenne Eairheart, 4, beaten to death, Port Charlotte, 20 Dec 2006

RiverRat

Patsy Ramsey to the Left
Reaction score
http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8726&banner=3

A woman accused of killing her boyfriend's 4-year-old daughter will soon be out of the Charlotte County Jail, bonded out with funds contributed largely by complete strangers who read about her on the Internet.

Holli Lyn Baty, 25, was arrested Jan. 12, 2007, and charged with first-degree murder and two counts of aggravated child abuse for allegedly hurting Cheyenne Eairheart during life and in ways that contributed to her death. She was held without bond until April 25, when a judge granted her a $550,000 bond. Ten percent of the bond must be paid to get her out of jail.

One of Holli's relatives put up three properties as collateral for the remainder of the bond, while the $55,000 needed to get her released was raised through family, friends and the contributions of strangers who visited a Web site Holli's sister created, www.helpforholli.com.

"Anyone we knew we had already gone to," said Holli's younger sister, Kelli Baty. "Basically, this was the last option."

Cheyenne was found not breathing on Dec. 20 at the Port Charlotte home Holli shared with her boyfriend, Wesley Eairheart, and their son Wesley Jr. Holli was pregnant with twins at the time; the two boys were born March 24, while Holli was in custody. Wesley Jr. and the twins, Caleb James and Gaberial Lee, are now in the care of Wesley Eairheart's parents, Lori and Dave Eairheart.

Holli was arrested because, according to a police report, she abused Cheyenne by taping her eyes shut when she refused to sleep and smearing feces on her face as punishment for soiling herself. Cheyenne was in Holli's care the day of her death and sustained a fractured skull that could not have been self-inflicted, the report said.

Kelli said Holli never hurt Cheyenne. On the Web site, she writes that Cheyenne died as a result of a previous injury -- "The doctors there say it was most likely from her falling a couple days before and a slow bleeding in her brain had just run out of room. It had nowhere else to go, so it caused her skull to crack and as a result she died."

"Holli was arrested because, according to a police report, she abused Cheyenne by taping her eyes shut when she refused to sleep and smearing feces on her face as punishment for soiling herself. Cheyenne was in Holli's care the day of her death and sustained a fractured skull that could not have been self-inflicted, the report said."

:furious:

Please rewind with me back to the early news reports about this case:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070114/NEWS/701140477

"The same doctor who tried to save Cheyenne's life in December attended to her in September, when she came to the hospital with her head swollen and severe bruising around her eyes, the report states. He was told that Cheyenne may have tripped over a dog in the yard.

Although the doctor concluded that the explanation given for Cheyenne's injuries was not plausible, the Sheriff's Office determined child abuse allegations were unfounded.

A week later, Cheyenne got a severe cut on her forehead, the report states. Baty told Eairheart that Cheyenne slipped in the bathtub. Although Cheyenne lost a lot of blood, Baty refused to take her to the hospital for fear officials would think she was hurting the girl.

Although Baty told deputies that she never disciplined the girl, she told her sister :banghead: the details of how she punished Cheyenne, the report states.

When she defecated in her pants once, Baty wiped the feces on Cheyenne's face, Baty's sister :banghead: told detectives. When she refused to lie down and take a nap, Baty used duct tape to seal Cheyenne's eyes shut. Once, Baty, told her sister,:banghead: she hit the girl in the head to get her to lie down."

"We have expert medical testimony from doctors who say that the injury was within hours, has occurred within hours of the child being brought to the hospital," says Cheif Bill Cameron of the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.

"Before you get involved in something like that you need to hear the rest of the story, both sides. Then you can make and educated decision on whether or not you want to support that cause," said Cameron.

Full story and video link:

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle.asp?articleid=12758&z=3&p=

i hope she enjoys the moments of freedom so she can miss it even more when she spends her youth in prison.ok not really... she is accused of killing a baby. why would people think it is a good idea to help her out with out more info???

i hope she enjoys the moments of freedom so she can miss it even more when she spends her youth in prison.ok not really... she is accused of killing a baby. why would people think it is a good idea to help her out with out more info???

Because they were misled by the web-site. :twocents:

I hope these people who contributed are not allowed to vote, drive cars, or breed.

What evelyn said.
The web site and the rally to get this murderer out is ridiculous. :banghead:

Repeated abuse

feces smeared on her face

Cheyenne had stopped breathing

"whup" Cheyenne for wetting the bed.

Pronounced dead

Cheyenne was killed by blunt force trauma that injured her brain and fractured her skull.

The amount of force needed in order to cause a fracture of that size in that location of the skull would be greater than any injury the victim could have caused to herself

she came to the hospital with her head swollen and severe bruising around her eyes

Cheyenne got a severe cut on her forehead.......Cheyenne lost a lot of blood, Baty refused to take her to the hospital for fear officials would think she was hurting the girl.

She told her OWN SISTER...WHO DID WHAT????? (shouldn't she be charged???) the details of how she punished Cheyenne!

When she defecated in her pants once, the sister told them she wiped the feces on Cheyenne's face! When she refused to lie down and take a nap, this crazy woman used duct tape to seal Cheyenne's eyes shut. She told her sister she would hit Cheyenne to get her to lay down!

WOW.

Sarasota Herald Tribune

Is her sister the one running the site?

I'd like to get a group of ?'s together to email whoever is running that site....

The Subject Line: Explain this

...dang this really fries my fritters!

The horrible woman should go to prison for smearing feces on a child's face even if that was all there is to the story.

This disgusting person should not be allowed bail......she killed a little girl. The way she disiplined that girl was pure abuse and for her to claim she had nothing to do with her dealth is ridiculous. I can't believe people are really sending money for her to be bailed out.:eek:

Thanks for the replies - I was starting to think that it was just me. I just checked and Batty is still in jail. I pray that everyone that did donate is made aware of all the facts and this is the only way I have to help get the word out.

Repeated abuse
She told her OWN SISTER...WHO DID WHAT????? (shouldn't she be charged???) the details of how she punished Cheyenne!

There are no laws that say you have to report child abuse unless you are a mandated reporter by law. I can't imagine why her sister didn't at least try to get her some help before it got to this point.

The bio father is falling asleep all the time so he can't watch the kids? Overwork or drugs?

Where is the bio mom of Cheyenne? Oh wait, we'll hear from her when she files her lawsuit. (Sorry about the cynicism. I've just seen too much.)There was nothing on the website to explain her lack of participation in Cheyenne's life.

The sister on this website makes me sick. The fact that they raised this much money makes me sick. There is nothing in that story that says to me anything other than blatant child abuse and willful neglect.

Basically, what this comes down to is a woman who was probably in so far over her head she did not know what to do -- 25 years old, a probable victim of domestic abuse, two kids (one not hers), 2 more on the way and trying to go to college. I am guessing that she was on some kind of aid because there is no way she could do all this and not be working without help, so things were probably pretty financially tight as well. (Unless this absentee father was contributing.)

This woman made a series of bad decisions and now has to live with the consequences. Unfortunately, poor little Cheyenne had to suffer because of Holli. I hope she gets all the time possible not only as justice, but so that she can't have any more children!

Repeated abuse

There are no laws that say you have to report child abuse unless you are a mandated reporter by law. I can't imagine why her sister didn't at least try to get her some help before it got to this point.

The bio father is falling asleep all the time so he can't watch the kids? Overwork or drugs?

Where is the bio mom of Cheyenne? Oh wait, we'll hear from her when she files her lawsuit. (Sorry about the cynicism. I've just seen too much.)There was nothing on the website to explain her lack of participation in Cheyenne's life.

The sister on this website makes me sick. The fact that they raised this much money makes me sick. There is nothing in that story that says to me anything other than blatant child abuse and willful neglect.

Basically, what this comes down to is a woman who was probably in so far over her head she did not know what to do -- 25 years old, a probable victim of domestic abuse, two kids (one not hers), 2 more on the way and trying to go to college. I am guessing that she was on some kind of aid because there is no way she could do all this and not be working without help, so things were probably pretty financially tight as well. (Unless this absentee father was contributing.)

This woman made a series of bad decisions and now has to live with the consequences. Unfortunately, poor little Cheyenne had to suffer because of Holli. I hope she gets all the time possible not only as justice, but so that she can't have any more children!

Hester Mofet, I know you weren't advocating for this monster when you wrote that. But for the record, I think many of us could say "Been there, done that, never harmed a child because of it". There is no excuse for it, and I don't care what the situation is there is nothing a child can do to provoke such abuse.

I predict the sister will need to change her email address and her phone number, which are both listed on her website.

Hester Mofet, I know you weren't advocating for this monster when you wrote that. But for the record, I think many of us could say "Been there, done that, never harmed a child because of it". There is no excuse for it, and I don't care what the situation is there is nothing a child can do to provoke such abuse.
:clap: :clap: this is not a mistake this is evil.

I agree with our posters who say MONSTER and EVIL, this was no 'mistake'....is this DP state??
butcher.gif

According to the Medical Examiner, Cheyenne had a fractured skull and several injuries to the brain. He said there were two major traumas to her head. The autopsy report shows Cheyenne had hemorrhaging in her eyes, bruises on her leg, arm, neck and a mark on her chin.

I agree with everyone who says this woman is pure evil. What she put that little girl thru is sick and horrible. She deserves everything she gets and more. I just can't believe there are is a website up trying to help this woman. The one that needed help was that poor little girl and now it's too late, she is dead.:banghead:

I can not believe there are people who would donate to such a cause without first reading up on the facts. So now all of these crazy "moms" will be getting these kind of websites, I bet. Wow, These people must feel so bad right now nowing they helped get a child killer out of jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back