LA LA - Pamela Boutte Watson, 44, Lake Charles, 19 Dec 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7550122&nav=0nqx

Pamela Boutte Watson has been missing since Wednesday morning around 9 a-m, when she left her mother's home on 3rd Street.

According to the family 44 year-old Watson suffers from a mental disorder and needs her medication.

"She has a bi-polar disorder she left without any medication, money or identification. So basically she's a Jane Doe out on the streets somewhere," said Marcus.

With no money the family doesn't believe their youngest sister could have gotten far. They believe Pamela may have tried to go to Houston, where she and her husband lived for 21 years before recently moving to Alexandria. While her whereabouts remain a mystery, her family is certain she's confused without her medication.

"Without her medication she could be very disgruntled, she could be child-like, she could be aggressive," said Marcus.

Pamela Boutte Watson was last seen driving away from her mother's home in a 1992 hunter green Ford Ranger extended cab with Texas plates.

Her family has filed a missing person's report in Rapides Parish. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call the Rapides Parish Sheriff's Office at 318-473-6700.

more at link

no pic at link

Kind of odd as to where she is missing from. Her mom filed a report with Rapides Parish which is Alexandria but the reporting is from Lake Charles and the heading says she is from Lake Charles. So, where is she missing from? I believe Lake Charles is Calcasieu Parish.

The reason that the missing person's report was filed in Rapides Parish is because Pamela Boutte Watson moved to Alexandria two weeks before her disappearance...she left Alexandria and went to visit her mother in Lake Charles.

The reason that the missing person's report was filed in Rapides Parish is because Pamela Boutte Watson moved to Alexandria two weeks before her disappearance...she left Alexandria and went to visit her mother in Lake Charles.

Any update? Thanks for the clarification about where she went missing from.

Scarey.... She'll be coming off her meds while missing. I can see it easily becoming a Carol Gotbaum type of situation if G0d forbid she should come in contact with the police on a matter other than her being missing.

The search for Pamela Boutte Watson has taken her family all the way from Lake Charles to West Baton Rouge after State Police discovered her Ford Ranger truck on the side of Interstate 10 near mile marker 141.

44-year-old Pamela was last seen driving way from her mother's Lake Charles home December 19th. According to the family she left without money, her driver's license and medication needed for a mental condition.

As he passes our fliers in Baton Rouge, her older brother Marcus Boutte says her disappearance has taken its toll on the family this holiday.

"We can't think about Christmas, New Years, football games... nothing. We're just trying to find our baby sister... she's the youngest of 10," said Marcus.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7565325&nav=0nqxUFSy

The Jane Doe in Grady Hospital can't be Pamela, because Jane Doe was hit in Atlanta before Pamela went missing.

Does anyone think she could be hospitalized in a psych hospital due to the fact that she was off meds and had memory loss? Possibly in another state that isn't aware she is missing. Of course foul play could be involved as well given the aforementioned.

Ah, that's really hard :tears: I have a bipolar parent, I know what kind of thing they get into when they're off their meds. I wish there were more information about Pamela out there or more from her family. It seems that those that vanish who suffer mental challenges are often stigmatized by the public and LE and not as much is put into finding them.

I wonder if her family checked homeless shelters around the area her truck was found? I think this would have been helpful for them. At this point in time they should do as much as they can to just get her picture out there because at this point she could be anywhere. Something I know about the illness is that those with bipolar can be very clever and resourceful.

I also know however, that tragically, without medication the illness can also make a person feel very hopeless. Have we looked at UID's in Louisiana and the surrounding areas? I think this would be a good idea.

2011 article:

"Without her medication she is very confused and probably doesn't know who she is," said Boutte.

Nearly two weeks after her disappearance Watson's Ford Ranger truck was found abandoned on the side of Interstate 10 eastbound at mile marker 141 near Baton Rouge.

"We got the call on New Year's Day that her truck was found on the Interstate at mile marker 141. It had the keys in the ignition and half a tank of gas. A wrecker service operator told us it had been there for nearly two weeks," said Boutte.

http://m.kplctv.com/kplctv/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:gZNO5K1k

• pamela_marie_boutte_watson_1.jpg
  • pamela_marie_boutte_watson_2.jpg
Watson, circa 2007
  • Missing Since 12/19/2007
  • Missing From Lake Charles, Louisiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 07/18/1963 (60)
  • Age 44 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5 - 5'6, 130 pounds
  • Medical Conditions Watson has bipolar disorder and requires medication which she doesn't have with her. Without her medication she may become aggressive. She may be suffering from memory loss.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Green 1992 Ford Ranger
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Watson's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Watson was last seen leaving her mother's Lake Charles, Louisiana home at 9:00 a.m. on December 19, 2007. She wasn't carrying money, identification or her medicine at the time of her disappearance. She has never been heard from again.

On January 1, 2008, Watson's green 1992 Ford Ranger was located on Interstate 10 east, eight miles outside of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at mile marker 141. It had been parked there for at least two weeks. The vehicle had half a tank of gas and was in running condition. Watson's keys and her journal were inside her car; according to her journal, she stopped taking her bipolar disorder medication two days before she disappeared.

The same day Watson's car was found, a witness reported seeing her at an Albertson's shopping center. The witness said Watson was begging for money to buy food. This sighting has not been confirmed.

Watson moved from Houston, Texas to live on Odom Street in Alexandria, Louisiana a short time before she went missing; she had lived in Houston for 21 years. She is the youngest of ten children. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Rapides Sheriff Department 318-473-6700

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 29, 2015; alternate height added, details of disappearance updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back