20 year old beats extraordinary odds and gives birth to triplets

Identical triplets is what makes them so unique. That is so very cool.
1 in 500,000!

The one quote said that multiple births have been on a decline since 1998.

I totally do not believe that!

The one quote said that multiple births have been on a decline since 1998.

I totally do not believe that!
Maybe they mean the ones without the help of medication or medical intervention. I don't know...just speculating.

Wow, that is special, three identical babies. I wish the best for them.

Maybe they mean the ones without the help of medication or medical intervention. I don't know...just speculating.

It did not really read that way.. But no worries.
I think the babies are adorable and how great that they are strong enough to be out of the incubators and held!!!
That IMO is a great sign about their health:)

Doesn't seem to be a father in the picture.:(
OH gosh I didn't even think of that. Bless those babies. Maybe she has a father of her own that can be the male role model for these little sweethearts.

I wonder why doctors told her she couldn't conceive?

It did not really read that way.. But no worries.
I think the babies are adorable and how great that they are strong enough to be out of the incubators and held!!!
That IMO is a great sign about their health:)
I think so too! I wish them the best!!! :D I adore babies!!:crazy:

Identical triplets, wow! Usually triplets come as a set of twins and one, or all fraternal... idents really are rare. Heck, natural multiples seems few and far between, anymore... usually the announcement of more than one is tagged with being the product of fertility help. Bless that mother... she's got a load on her hands... hopefully she is getting help.

I had identical triplet aunts, but so far no other multiple births in the family at all.

Doesn't seem to be a father in the picture.:(

They actually said in another article that she is a flight attendent. Since their was comments from her mother and not a father maybe not. Or, maybe he's a flight attendent too. She didn't think she could get pregnant so she could be figuring out who the father is.

I just hope that the babies do well. They thought there would be problems with delivery but all are so healthy. And again I just hope she gets all the help she needs to take care of them. 3 is alot of work.

I wonder why doctors told her she couldn't conceive?

IDK, but when I was in the hospital having my oldest, there was a woman there who had just had triplets who had been told the same thing. Even scarier, she had had a little boy on 1/2 of the same year and had been told he was her miracle baby. She had the triplets right around Christmas.

I'll never forget the husband told my DH, "The IRS will never believe we had 4 kids in 1994! We're going to get audited for sure." :doh: They were ALL BOYS! No drugs. :eek:

IDK, but when I was in the hospital having my oldest, there was a woman there who had just had triplets who had been told the same thing. Even scarier, she had had a little boy on 1/2 of the same year and had been told he was her miracle baby. She had the triplets right around Christmas.

I'll never forget the husband told my DH, "The IRS will never believe we had 4 kids in 1994! We're going to get audited for sure." :doh: They were ALL BOYS! No drugs. :eek:

And now they have four male teens! :p

Seems like every woman who is told she cannot get pregnant, does. I hardly believe a Dr actually used those exact words. If you are under 45, have a uterus, ovaries, cervix, and fallopian tubes, you can possibly get pregnant. Especially at 20 yrs old.

Seems like every woman who is told she cannot get pregnant, does. I hardly believe a Dr actually used those exact words. If you are under 45, have a uterus, ovaries, cervix, and fallopian tubes, you can possibly get pregnant. Especially at 20 yrs old.

No joke. Thank you for saying that!!
I think that people - especially YOUNG people - misinterpret a lot of things too. Especially when it comes to their reproductive health.
Not to say that this girl had any of these things, but a lot of COMMON gyn problems (such as the contraction of an STD - such as gonorrhea or chlamydia) can cause problems with fertility in the future. So, let's say this girl contracted a common STD. Even if it is cleared up quickly, a provider might say after treating the STD - "if in the future, you get married, want to have babies, and you have trouble conceiving within 6 months - don't wait around for forever before coming in, come in and start getting help right away. Don't wait the traditional year." (because in that case, for instance, we will want to do a couple of tests that will tell us right away if you have patent fallopian tubes, or if you have scarring from pelvic inflammatory disease, which is the most common cause of infertility, ect). Some doctor might have just MENTIONED something of this nature to her. Instead of understanding this or whatever the doc said, these girls take that information, hear about half or a 1/3rd of it, and say "my doctor, midwife, nurse practitioner or PA said I cannot get pregnant". :waitasec: And then they do not practice birth control. And often they end up with PID again.

It is very frusterating.

Or, I've heard people say "Oh, I have a retroflexed uterus, I can't get pregnant" (WHATEVER!!! This is usually ONLY if there is other pathology, such as endometrosis, that is causing adhesions that is causing retroflexion. Otherwise, you get pregnant and your uterus is not retroflexed anymore!). Otherwise, it is a normal variation. And these girls end up having five kids.

I'm not saying she had any of these, and it's all speculation on my part. These are just things I have seen in my life.
It is just very interesting as to WHY this girl is saying at 20 that she couldn't have kids when she obviously has enough parts to make a 1 in 500,000 miracle - and have them NATURALLY. That usually doesn't even happen with TWIN births - usually if one can be born vag, the other has to be c-sectioned out. Usually only the most healthy and "fittest" moms and healthiest babies are able to do it vaginally (with the twins!!!!!) So I think that she is probably OK on the fertility side of things! LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back