Madonna Filth and Wisdom

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
I do predict that this thing is going to be a flop.
She did not make a good choice in picking Hutz for the star of the movie.
Click here to see him, I did not watch the whole thing.
I am still wondering why Madonna picked this person to star in her movie.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Here is an article from my local news.
Click here for link

"Filth and Wisdom," starring Eugene Hutz, Richard E. Grant and Stephen Graham, will screen in the Panorama section, outside the main competition, a festival statement said. Hutz is a former Burlington, Vt., punk rocker now in the band Gogol Bordello.

http://7d.blogs.com/stuckinvt/2007/10/gogol-bordello-.html

Hmmm...this doesn't sound like something I'd wanna watch. Is it just me or are movies getting worse and worse these days?

Anything Madonna for me: :rolleyes: Seems like she's always trying to shock someone.

I have love Gogol Bordello's song "Start Wearing Purple"! The tune is addicting, but don't watch the video!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_81l4DXlwM

DS, do you think Madonna will show up in Vermont? I have to wonder since it's not NY or LA....

This is one of the lead characters:
_41012005_richard_e_grant_203.jpg

UK's Dr Who.

Another actor "Steven Graham" was in "Snatch" which was her hubby's film, IIRC.

Anything Madonna for me: :rolleyes: Seems like she's always trying to shock someone.

I have love Gogol Bordello's song "Start Wearing Purple"! The tune is addicting, but don't watch the video!

DS, do you think Madonna will show up in Vermont? I have to wonder since it's not NY or LA....

Taximom thank you for posting that video!I thought it was hilarious!!!I do like the beat of that song, it is kinda catchy :) I am going to send this clip to my hubby.He is an ABF in the Navy,when you see pictures or film on aircraft carries his color shirt is purple :cool: ABFs are also known as grapes.So he will get a kick out of this song :)

I used to have that song on my personal myspace, and it drove my daughter nuts! I would also walk around singing "start wearing purple" when she was over. :D I have no clue if there's some hidden meaning behind those words though!

What does ABF stand for? I can see that song becoming the new Navy theme! ha ha

Aviation Boatswain's Mate-Fuels = ABF

He makes sure the jet fuel is correct mixture ect.Fuels the jets and other aircraft.Working that flight deck pulling 18 hour days puts me on edge when he is on deployments.One little miss step and its all over for anyone working on the flight deck.He mostly deals with the office stuff paper work ect being a 1st class now *whew*

Right now though he has been sent to Iraq hes in charge of the fuels there for one of the bases.This is a new one for us ...thought we were a Navy family not Narmy lol.

If ya want add me to your friends list in myspace and you can look at my pictures.Theres one in all of his flight deck gear.My big grape.

If anyone else would like to add me to myspace that will be fine.Just let me know who you are from here so I will not get confused :p .

myspace.com/ceeaura

Hmmm...this doesn't sound like something I'd wanna watch. Is it just me or are movies getting worse and worse these days?
--well, its hard to say whether movies are getting worse or not--certainly, on a spectacle and technology level, they are actually getting better and better--Harry Potter Films, Lord Of The Ring films,Superman Returns, X-MEN Trilogy, King Kong,Pirates Of The Caribbean, all are tremendous technological achievements, and with everyone gtting LCD/Plasma TV's these days and with advanced sound systems, we can now enjoy these films in our own home in such a way that we never could have imagined 30 years ago---but as far as Madonna goes, her "movies" have all been a disgrace

I thought she was an author of children's books. That movie her husband made with her in it was the worst ever. Now she's making movies? She's getting to be an old Queen that lady. Talented, but wearing thin.

Oh gosh, ceeaura, I would worry too. I'll have to check our your "big grape"!! Any reason they choose that color? I would think it would be hard to see on deck at night...

P.S. I just tried to add you as a friend but they are requiring YOUR name, rank and serial number! LOL Maybe you can try adding me instead?

Rave reviews!
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080214/120300657800.html

OK, not quite:
"Madonna has been a terrible actor in many, many films and now -- fiercely aspirational as ever -- she has graduated to being a terrible director," he wrote.
"She has made a movie so incredibly bad that Berlin festivalgoers were staggering around yesterday in a state of clinical shock."
and
"The message in ... Madonna's first outing as feature film director ... is that all of us can find peace of mind if we just get in touch with our inner *advertiser censored*," wrote Bennett. (more at link)

Actually, she did get a little praise from other critics if you read the rest of the article.

Rave reviews!
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20080214/120300657800.html

OK, not quite:
"Madonna has been a terrible actor in many, many films and now -- fiercely aspirational as ever -- she has graduated to being a terrible director," he wrote.
"She has made a movie so incredibly bad that Berlin festivalgoers were staggering around yesterday in a state of clinical shock."
and
"The message in ... Madonna's first outing as feature film director ... is that all of us can find peace of mind if we just get in touch with our inner *advertiser censored*," wrote Bennett. (more at link)

Actually, she did get a little praise from other critics if you read the rest of the article.

TM, why ya picking on Madge? LOL Berlin festival goers in shock? That's saying something. I already know my inner *advertiser censored*. We been in touch so I have no need to see it. LOL All I can say is Madonna/Evita. I needed eye wash.

Yulk..I think the song is horrible! OMGosh..it is a joke!

:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back