Wombs for Rent

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
ANAND, India - Every night in this quiet western Indian city, 15 pregnant women prepare for sleep in the spacious house they share, ascending the stairs in a procession of ballooned bellies, to bedrooms that become a landscape of soft hills.
A team of maids, cooks and doctors looks after the women, whose pregnancies would be unusual anywhere else but are common here. The young mothers of Anand, a place famous for its milk, are pregnant with the children of infertile couples from around the world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071230/ap_on_re_as/india_wombs_for_rent

Outsourcing. :(

I am interested in the positions of those who object to this-I think it was inevitable, like plastic surgery and organ donation...

I don't really have a problem with it.

I once considered selling my eggs to a fertility clinic.
Since my tubes are tied I have no plans on having more children so why not?
The pay is somewhere from 6 - 10 K

I eventually decided not to mainly because I don't like Dr's and the idea of some child who was biologically mine but never meeting kind of disturbed me.

LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Outsourcing"

Outsourcing! hahaha!

I don't have a problem with it but there are sooo many kids here in the US who need homes and families and love. Mostly love.
We have thousands of kids waiting in foster care who are not adopted only because of the color of their skin or because of a disability.

I have biological children so I understand the "want" for a baby that is "yours" but trust me...when the chosen child is handed to you they are "yours" too.

Like I said, people are free to make their own decisions on how to become a parent. I just wish more would look into adoption.

I'm not saying I'm against it, but I have some concerns.

For one, NO ONE should be allowed to profit from the arrangement except the women. For another, I hate the idea of them being confined for nine months. Also, I don't like the idea of people choosing India because it means the surrogate has less rights there than they do here. And I think it's important that the surrogates know the true cost of what they are doing; doesn't carrying a child decrease your life expectancy? (I know having a lot of kids does, and I seem to remember reading having a boy does.)

doesn't carrying a child decrease your life expectancy? (I know having a lot of kids does, and I seem to remember reading having a boy does.)

I have never heard that carrying a child decreases your life expectancy!! Where did you ever hear that ??

Couldn't tell you for sure--one of those "Health" things in the news. I'm not sure if it was having a baby in general, but I do remember it was having a boy. The "having a lot" was from a different story.

I have never heard that carrying a child decreases your life expectancy!! Where did you ever hear that ??
I think raising the child during their "teenage" years is what decreases your life expectancy! :p LOL...J/K!

Deanws: Not only does raising a teen `seem`to decrease your life term, but it does seem to take years off your life with worry and the feeling of I am not going crazy, I am a sane person, I hope I make it through the teen years with out being committed.

I seriously asked our oldest(16) if he sits around with his friends and `throws around ideas amongst themselves that seem to work to drive their parents around the bend.

He just laughed. But I did feel a shiver up my spine..........

doesn't carrying a child decrease your life expectancy? (I know having a lot of kids does, and I seem to remember reading having a boy does.)
Only if he's 17 and the size of a linebacker :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back