Australia - Girl, 10, raped & murdered, dad charged, Bribie Island, 1 Jan 2008

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
A man is in custody for the rape and murder of his 10 year old daughter.

As well as examining the home where the girl's body was found, police cordoned off the Bribie Island Uniting Church directly across the road, seizing a blue plastic bag containing what appeared to be a hammer.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=80225

How awful!!! Another case where Child Protection services failed this little girl. You can bet that this abuse had been going on for some time...and then her poor brother and sister had to find her body. Prayers for them and for the angel who suffered at the hands of the mam who was supposed to love her. Rest in Gods arms little angel.

Poor little girl was proberly suffering for years.......I just wish we had the death penalty here..I could inject this one myself.

My very dearest Dingo,:blowkiss:
This is just horrifying.

So much Love and Respect for you,
dark_shadows

Which sadly makes me wonder, which is more crowded, heaven or hell?:behindbar

:eek: :mad: Why do we live in such a sick world. :(

Because we live in a world where the ACLU would rather protect the rights of the *advertiser censored* industry than the rights of the peaceful and religeous moral people in this country. I suppose that might be for another forum, but just had to answer the question. When we lose the desire to follow God's law, then the laws of man have no meaning and there is no respect for man's law or human beings. Right or wrong, love them or hate them (and I don't have a particular religeon myself) Judeo/Christian faiths have practical purposes in a civilized society because they keep people on the right track by making them think about the life they are living in preparation for the afterlife. With no reason to be a good person in this life - all hell breaks loose. That doesn't mean the faithful are always good, but a vast majority of them are. I must say I learned this first hand after moving from secular CA to Southern Baptist Tennessee. Good lessons learned for me. God is love. No God = less love, more hatred, rage and perversion.

The ACLU protects everyone's rights. We live in a democracy. That means that we must tolerate things we don't agree with. Why does everyone blame the ACLU for the ills of society instead of the people who cause them? The purpose of the ACLU is to protect and defend the Bill of Rights. Most Americans think democracy applies to them but not to those they don't agree with. Think about the fact that the some of the Framers of the Constitution put in so many safeguards for the accused: Amendments 4 - 8. Think about why they did that.
And by the way, you don't have to be religious to lead a good life. I am an agnostic. There are humanistic values that are not religious values that people live by. I don't believe in an afterlife. I believe that this is it and we should make it as meaninful as we can and help as many people as we can. Religion does not guarantee a virtuous society. Look at all the religious righties charged with sex crimes.
So please understand that my right to live my humanistic values is the same as your right to your religous values that are faith based, not rationally based. But they are yours and you have that right. The Constitution states that their is no religous test for government. If Christians were so virtuous they would have tolerated the Native Americans instead of forcing them off their lands.

Because we live in a world where the ACLU would rather protect the rights of the *advertiser censored* industry than the rights of the peaceful and religeous moral people in this country. I suppose that might be for another forum, but just had to answer the question. When we lose the desire to follow God's law, then the laws of man have no meaning and there is no respect for man's law or human beings. Right or wrong, love them or hate them (and I don't have a particular religeon myself) Judeo/Christian faiths have practical purposes in a civilized society because they keep people on the right track by making them think about the life they are living in preparation for the afterlife. With no reason to be a good person in this life - all hell breaks loose. That doesn't mean the faithful are always good, but a vast majority of them are. I must say I learned this first hand after moving from secular CA to Southern Baptist Tennessee. Good lessons learned for me. God is love. No God = less love, more hatred, rage and perversion.
Good post.

What does ACLU stand for..TIA.

The ACLU protects everyone's rights. We live in a democracy. That means that we must tolerate things we don't agree with. Why does everyone blame the ACLU for the ills of society instead of the people who cause them? The purpose of the ACLU is to protect and defend the Bill of Rights. Most Americans think democracy applies to them but not to those they don't agree with. Think about the fact that the some of the Framers of the Constitution put in so many safeguards for the accused: Amendments 4 - 8. Think about why they did that.
And by the way, you don't have to be religious to lead a good life. I am an agnostic. There are humanistic values that are not religious values that people live by. I don't believe in an afterlife. I believe that this is it and we should make it as meaninful as we can and help as many people as we can. Religion does not guarantee a virtuous society. Look at all the religious righties charged with sex crimes.
So please understand that my right to live my humanistic values is the same as your right to your religous values that are faith based, not rationally based. But they are yours and you have that right. The Constitution states that their is no religous test for government. If Christians were so virtuous they would have tolerated the Native Americans instead of forcing them off their lands.

This post is even better! Thank you for being so tolerant of others opinions and views...cuz I was about to get nasty. :clap:

hey i hate the ACLU as much as the next guy. just because i understand the legal issues that nambla has with free speech does not many the ACLU should defend them. they are a private group and have the right to refuse to help them. the choice they made turns my stomach. having said that i dont blame the ACLU for the issues in this case.

cps may differ over there but in Florida where i live they fail children every day. cps uses the excuse that because children are involved every action they take is private and must be kept that way to protect the poor kids. so when a child dies and they had be warned it is all a big secret. cps often puts the "family" first and not the child. the idea that a child is better of with a blood family member that abuses them than in foster care where they might face abuse is so stupid it defies logic. yes foster care is a unknown situation that may pose a danger to a child but if we know the home definitely poses a risk the child is safer with the maybe. in most cases there is plenty of blame to go around. legislators that leave cps underfunded so the case workers have more kids than any1 could be expect to look after. judges that allow dad to keep custody of 3 children because we only have evidence dad molested a non related child. family members that don't act to protect the children and help keep the dirty little secret of abuse. neighbors that don't want to get involved when they see a child suffer. people who shake their heads when they read these stories but have never taken a second out of their busy lives to change things.

Because we live in a world where the ACLU would rather protect the rights of the *advertiser censored* industry than the rights of the peaceful and religeous moral people in this country.
With all due respect this horrific crime didn't take place in the USA. The ACLU doesn't have anything to do with this specific crime.

Amen to that!

It's the American Civil Liberties Union, Dingo. Keep reading and you'll catch the drift.
actually they have their own aclu.
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/aclu/ AIMS: The Australian Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) investigates and takes up matters involving arbitrary government actions, police conduct, freedom of speech, freedom of association, censorship of the internet, censorship of books and films, and invasions of privacy; gives general advice on citizens rights by phone and through its annual publication

I appreciate and respect the passion that this kind of crime can induce, but I think implying Judeo/Christian beliefs are the only beliefs of a civilized society is all kinds of wrong!!! No offense meant, but I am also entitled to my opinion....There are many forms of Buddhism (Shinto comes to mind) as well as true Islamic beliefs, animism, druidism etc that do not advocate for an "uncivil" society...

actually they have their own aclu.
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/aclu/ AIMS: The Australian Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) investigates and takes up matters involving arbitrary government actions, police conduct, freedom of speech, freedom of association, censorship of the internet, censorship of books and films, and invasions of privacy; gives general advice on citizens rights by phone and through its annual publication

Thanks Sherri. I wonder why Dingo didn't know of this? Interesting. Wonder if it operates like ours?

Thanks Sherri. I wonder why Dingo didn't know of this? Interesting. Wonder if it operates like ours?
i'm gonna take a wild guess and say at the very least the dont operate as loudly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back