Missing Since
: June 4, 1999 from Wasilla, Alaska
: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth
: January 8, 1984
: 15 years old
Height and Weight
: 5'5 - 5'6, 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics
: Caucasian male. Brown/blond hair, blue eyes. Palmer is left-handed. His nickname is Mike. At the time of his disappearance, his hair was shaved on the sides and longer in the center.

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A t-shirt, blue jeans and a black jacket with red stripes on the sleeves and the Marlboro cigarette logo on the lapel.

Details of Disappearance

Palmer spent the night at a friend's home in Wasilla, Alaska on June 4, 1999. The night, he slipped out of the house and attended a graduation party with three friends near the Meadow Lake subdivision outside of Wasilla. He was last seen a bicycle he borrowed down Pittman Road in the direction of his family's residence at approximately 4:00 a.m. His residence was approximately nine miles from the location of the party. His friends had been riding with him but he fell behind them. They waited for him at the 7-Eleven
on Parks Highway, but gave up and assumed he went home. He never did arrive at his residence, however. His mother reported him missing at 3:00 p.m. that day, eleven hours after he was last seen.

Palmer has never been seen again. The bicycle, which he had borrowed from someone else, was located sometime later in the Little Susitna River, which runs roughly parallel to the Pittman Road and Silver Drive intersection. Palmer's high-top Converse tennis shoes were also discovered, by another teenager who had attended the party. They were wet and muddy when they were found near a private runway for a homeowner's personal aircraft. No other evidence concerning his whereabouts was discovered.

Some reports have speculated that Palmer may have been beaten by an unknown suspect or suspects while riding his bicycle. A local youth claimed he witnessed Palmer being beaten and shot on a bridge, but later the young man admitted he had made up the story. Others have theorized that Palmer may have fallen into the river and died of hypothermia shortly afterwards, but tracker dogs could not trace his scent there and no one saw a body in the still, clear water.

Palmer's family stated he was not a troubled teen in 1999 and it is unlike him to run away from home and be gone for so long without contacting his family. His father believes he may be deceased. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Alaska State Troopers