www.ramseyfamily.com

Ames

Reaction score
I had never seen this now non-existent site before. I thought that some newbies or some posters that had never seen it before either, may be interested. It is a site that the Ramsey's put up in order to find out information about JonBenét's killer. :rolleyes: And to keep the public up to date about what was happening with the investigation. Some of the links on the page do not work, but most of them do...so just start cliicking away after you click on the links below. I found these to be very interesting.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990427050559/www.ramseyfamily.com/archive/archives.htm

http://web.archive.org/web/20020330180351/http://ramseyfamily.com/

The above site has a poster with JB's pictures on it...as a baby, etc. (It made me cry!!)...on the side are more links, such as EVIDENCE, PROFILE, etc. When you scroll over these, a red X will appear, but click on them anyway, because they will open. Notice that ANYTIME JonBenét's name is spelled by the Ramseys...it is not the whole name...it is just JonB## or something like that...just symbols. I found this to be odd!! Why not just type JonBenet....why use symbols? Unless, of course...not only can they not bring themselves to SAY her name in public, or WRITE her name in the RN...they can't even bring themselves to TYPE it.

That Christmas message from the Rs is an old one, isn't it? I know I've seen it before. Possibly from just a year or 2 after the murder. I couldn't get any pics to open (just the blue "pizza boxes" that Safari uses to let me know the pic isn't there anymore). Interesting that the site pops uo now.

That Christmas message from the Rs is an old one, isn't it? I know I've seen it before. Possibly from just a year or 2 after the murder. I couldn't get any pics to open (just the blue "pizza boxes" that Safari uses to let me know the pic isn't there anymore). Interesting that the site pops uo now.

Yes, that is an old Christmas message from the Rams. Did you get anything else to open...the letters to the public for example?? Also, did you see how JonBenét's name was spelled? It was weird....on my computer screen it was like JonB## or something like that..there were some strange symbols there...instead of the rest of her name...it was like that on every single thing that I read from them. They have NEVER been able to say her name in public...just referring to her as "that child"...and the RN never called her by name either. Is this just another way for the Ramsey's to distance themselves from her...or is there some innocent explaination. Every thing else was spelled correctly, with no weird symbols...hmmm strange.

Now this one has a poster...it made me cry.

This one has other links on the side that you can click on such as EVIDENCE and PROFILE...etc. When you roll over the words with your curser...a red X will appear. Click on it anyway, because it WILL open. I am going to add this link to my thread starter.

I had never seen this now non-existent site before. I thought that some newbies or some posters that had never seen it before either, may be interested. It is a site that the Ramsey's put up in order to find out information about JonBenét's killer. :rolleyes: And to keep the public up to date about what was happening with the investigation. Some of the links on the page do not work, but most of them do...so just start cliicking away after you click on the link below. I found this to be very interesting.

http://web.archive.org/web/19990427050559/www.ramseyfamily.com/archive/archives.htm

Ames, they did all kinds of nutty things on that site. First, the 800 number was a wrong number. Secondly, they lied about the JBR foundation.

Also, for many months, they gave out OLD photos of JonBenet whenever one was needed for a poster which didn't look like she looked at age 6.
Not that it mattered, since there was no killer on the loose in Boulder, at least not for her death.

Now this one has a poster...it made me cry.

This one has other links on the side that you can click on such as EVIDENCE and PROFILE...etc. When you roll over the words with your curser...a red X will appear. Click on it anyway, because it WILL open. I am going to add this link to my thread starter.

That photo montage was not on the Ramsey's site until after DOI was published. Sad, isn't it?
Sweet, beautiful child who would have been loved and cherished by so many of us.

Yes, that is an old Christmas message from the Rams. Did you get anything else to open...the letters to the public for example?? Also, did you see how JonBenét's name was spelled? It was weird....on my computer screen it was like JonB## or something like that..there were some strange symbols there...instead of the rest of her name...it was like that on every single thing that I read from them. They have NEVER been able to say her name in public...just referring to her as "that child"...and the RN never called her by name either. Is this just another way for the Ramsey's to distance themselves from her...or is there some innocent explaination. Every thing else was spelled correctly, with no weird symbols...hmmm strange.

It was spelled JonBenet on the original site. The archiving has changed the letters, probably because of the ' symbol that was over JonBenet's name. I don't know how to do it on my computer, but it does change in the archives.

PS- I'm not defending them but whoever put their website up did spell her name right. It definitely wasn't the Ramseys who ever put the website up or maintained it.

I couldn't get anything to open on the second site except for the old photo of the garrotte. And JonBenet's name is spelled with a strange symbol for the "E".
When I try to open any other links, I get a message that the page is not archived (no longer exists).
This has to be an old site, even if it seemed to pop up recently. Pathetic, really- the way they are asking if anyone knows of someone who makes garrottes like that to contact them. ANYone could make somethig like that. More posturing on the part of the Rs to make it look like they were trying to find the "real killer". Think they had a link to OJ's "reall killer" page?

It was spelled JonBenet on the original site. The archiving has changed the letters, probably because of the ' symbol that was over JonBenet's name. I don't know how to do it on my computer, but it does change in the archives.

PS- I'm not defending them but whoever put their website up did spell her name right. It definitely wasn't the Ramseys who ever put the website up or maintained it.

I wondered if that could have been it...that the computer didn't make the accent mark, because I noticed that it was the é that was a symbol. I noticed that, after I made my post. Looks like they could have just used a regular old e, for goodness sakes.

Oh, you hold down the alt key, while pressing 1, then 3, then 0, my old computer will not do it.

I couldn't get anything to open on the second site except for the old photo of the garrotte. And JonBenet's name is spelled with a strange symbol for the "E".
When I try to open any other links, I get a message that the page is not archived (no longer exists).
This has to be an old site, even if it seemed to pop up recently. Pathetic, really- the way they are asking if anyone knows of someone who makes garrottes like that to contact them. ANYone could make somethig like that. More posturing on the part of the Rs to make it look like they were trying to find the "real killer". Think they had a link to OJ's "reall killer" page?

You couldn't get the poster on the second link that I provided?? It should have been on the home page..and then on the side is PROFILE...which is just a list of things to look for, when searching for JB's killer...and EVIDENCE...has pictures of the garrotte.

Okay, I will post the rest of the things that I can get opened. I could only get a few links to open on the HOME page..and four of them were of the POSTER and the 100,000.00 reward. Can you get any of the letters that the Rams wrote to open, the ones under PREVIOUS STATEMENTS?? There is one that states that JB was NOT molested.

That photo montage was not on the Ramsey's site until after DOI was published. Sad, isn't it?
Sweet, beautiful child who would have been loved and cherished by so many of us.

I have a 7 week old baby girl, and when I saw the picture of her as a baby....well, it made me cry..

june.gif

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: July 24, 1997

RAMSEY ATTORNEYS PLACE AD FOR TIPS ON KILLER'S BEHAVIOR
(Boulder, Colo.)--A full page ad to run in the Sunday edition of the Boulder Camera has been prepared and submitted to the paper by attorneys of the Ramsey family. The ad describes the possible mental state and pre-crime and post crime behaviors which might by characteristic of the killer of JonBenet Ramsey.
The ad will be accompanied by a flier to be distributed door-to-door this weekend in neighborhoods where investigators employed by the Ramsey family believe people might know someone whose behavior immediately before and since the murder coincides with one or more of these characteristics.
The description of mental state and possible behaviors was developed by former FBI profiler John Douglas, one of the technical experts assembled by the Ramsey family to assist in the investigation of JonBenet's murder. The descriptors are being released to the public in an effort to generate investigative leads.
The six-year old daughter of John and Patsy Ramsey was murdered in the family's Boulder, Colo. home the night of December 25-26, 1996.
The Ramseys request that anyone who may have relevant information should call the investigative tipline, 303-443-3535.
# # #

MEDIA ADVISORY
Date: July 23, 1997
STATEMENT OF JOHN RAMSEY
On December 25th, my daughter, JonBen�t, was brutally murdered by an intruder who came into our home while we slept.
As a parent, there is no greater hurt in life than the loss of a child. I can tell you that to lose our youngest child in such a vile and brutal manner is a hurt beyond what any human being could be expected to endure.
The person who did this crime is an evil person beyond imagination. He must be brought to justice and prevented from stopping the life of another young child who offers so much to the future of our world.
Over the past seven months, I have grown increasingly frustrated with some of the investigating authorities who have limited their investigation into the murder of my daughter, JonBen�t Ramsey, to me and members of my family.
We all became aware that we would be investigated as a matter of routine procedure and have refrained from commenting on their work as we had also expected that they would work past us and get on with the investigation into who killed JonBen�t.
I am not confident this has happened. Therefore, today I am announcing an escalation in my own efforts to find the murderer of JonBen�t. Prominent experts in the fields of criminology, handwriting and language forensics have developed a profile of the probable behavior of JonBen�t's killer before and after the crime. Highly qualified handwriting analysis experts have developed a template for our investigators to use in comparing key features of handwriting samples against the note.
Based on tips received from our previous advertisements and other fieldwork, our investigators are looking into solid leads. While we are limited in our work because we do not have access to the forensic information and do not have police powers to search and test, we do have the advantage of knowing that no one in our family is responsible for JonBen�t's death and we can evaluate information without prejudice.
We will begin a series of newspaper ads and fliers to alert people to the elements of the behavioral profile and ask them to contact our investigators at (303) 443-3535 with information about persons who might fit the profile. If someone has a handwriting sample of a person they believe might fit the profile, our investigators would also like to see that as well.
The profile provided to me suggests the following:
  • JonBen�t's killer may have been suffering from some stress in the weeks and months preceding the crime;
  • A triggering event, such as a job crisis or crisis in a personal relationship may have caused this individual to vent anger, perhaps at a female close to him, or perhaps at me personally;
  • Since the murder, this individual may rabidly read news reports of the investigation, listen to talk radio shows oriented to coverage of the murder;
  • He possibly has increased his consumption of alcohol or drugs;
  • He may have even turned to religion;
  • He may be rigid, nervous and preoccupied in casual conversation;
  • He may have tried to appear very cooperative with the authorities if he was contacted during the course of the police investigation;
  • He may have quickly constructed an alibi for his whereabouts the night JonBen�t was killed and may have repeated it several times to key individuals around him as if rehearsing them in the answer;
  • The killer is someone who may have previously been in my home.
We appreciate the help and support we have received from the people of Boulder. Beginning this Sunday, we will begin running ads in the Boulder newspaper and will distribute fliers in appropriate neighborhoods, reminding people of the behavioral profiles and asking for their help in developing more detail about these individuals.
We hope that with the help of one key phone call, this killer can be brought to justice.

DATE: July 14, 1997
TO: All media covering the Ramsey case
We have not had the opportunity to review the autopsy report, but credible experts who have, confirm what we have been saying all along -- that there is no evidence of abuse or molestation prior to the night of her murder.
[SIZE=-1]Statement from Rachelle Zimmer [/SIZE]

DATE: July 10, 1997
John and Patsy Ramsey and their son moved to Atlanta this week.

DATE: June 19, 1997
John and Patsy Ramsey today gave permission to Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter and the Boulder Police Department to conduct another search of the family residence where six-year-old JonBen�t Ramsey was found murdered on December 26, 1996. A consent statement for the search of the house was delivered to the District Attorney.
[SIZE=-1]Statement of Bryan Morgan and Patrick J. Burke[/SIZE]

DATE: June 6, 1997
John and Patsy Ramsey and their son are presently traveling. The family has made no final decision about where they will reside in the fall. Please continue to respect their privacy. # # #

may.gif

DATE: May, 6 1997

Total Petroleum has no connection with recent Ramsey press conference, the Ramsey family or their legal representatives. In making arrangements for the press conference, Total Petroleum's name was used in error. Reports linking Total Petroleum with any aspect of this case are erroneous.

# # #
DATE: May, 6 1997
The ad offering a $100,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and indictment of the murderer of JonBenet Ramsey will run again in this Sunday's Daily Camera. In keeping with the terms and conditions required by Crime Stoppers, the word "conviction" will be replaced with the word "indictment." In addition, the voice mail capacity of the 303-443-3535 hotline has been increased to accommodate all calls.
# # #

april.gif

April 30, 1997 John and Patsy Ramsey were formally interrogated by Boulder police today. By agreement with the police and the District Attorney, the Ramseys were made available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the District Attorney's office. Discretion was left to the police to use that time in any way they saw fit. John and Patsy Ramsey fully complied with the agreement and answered all questions posed to them.
[SIZE=-1]- Statement by Hal Haddon[/SIZE]
April 24, 1997 PRESS RELEASE
Statement by Patrick Burke and Hal Haddon:
It is of paramount importance that the energy of the Boulder Police Department and the Office of the District Attorney be devoted to finding the person or persons who killed JonBenet Ramsey. John and Patsy Ramsey do not wish to distract from this objective, but feel compelled to respond to some of the more significant inaccuracies in the press release issued yesterday by the Boulder Police Department. The following points should be clarified:
It is inaccurate to state that the initial police refusal to release JonBenet's body for burial was based on their belief that additional forensic work was required. By December 27, the Coroner's post mortem had been completed, and on December 28, 1996, Coroner John Meyer had confirmed that there was no reason to hold the body further. Though they knew these facts, the leadership in the Boulder Police Department continued to demand, without authority, that John and Patsy Ramsey submit to a hostile interrogation, at a time of extraordinary pain and anguish, before their daughter's body would be released for burial.
It is inaccurate to state that John and Patsy Ramsey have not previously answered questions asked by the police. On December 26, 1996, the Ramseys spent several hours with wazzu members of the Boulder Police Department and answered every question posed to them. Subsequently, the Ramseys answered written questions posed to them by the police department.
It is inaccurate to state that the conditions for further interviews had not been agreed to by the police prior to their cancellation of the interviews set for April 23, 1997. It must be clearly understood that these interviews were solicited by the Boulder Police Department and the Office of the District Attorney and the Ramseys agreed in good faith to those interviews. The Ramseys were astonished and frustrated when the Boulder Police Department reneged on its agreement and canceled the interviews.
John and Patsy Ramsey will continue to attempt to provide information that will help to find the killer or killers of their daughter. They believe that most members of the Boulder Police Department and the Office of the District Attorney sincerely share this objective. The bizarre cancellation of the scheduled interviews, and the attempt to "spin" recent events in an inaccurate and self-serving way, continues to be a source of concern.

# # #

April 23, 1997 MEDIA ADVISORY
Our clientsJanuary , John and Patsy Ramsey, offered specifically to meet with the and Boulder police in a formal interview on December 27, 1996 and again on 18, 1997. Since then, we have made numerous attempts to schedule interviews the Boulder Police Department. Yesterday at 4:00 p.m. the Boulder Police Department canceled the separate interviews scheduled for today at 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
We have forwarded the following letter today to the Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter.

Hal Haddon

Patrick Burke

April 23, 1997

VIA HAND DELIVERY
Alexander M. Hunter
Boulder County District Attorney
Boulder County Justice Center
1777 Sixth Street
Boulder, CO 80306
Re: John and Patsy Ramsey
Dear Mr. Hunter:
By this letter, we express our profound dismay at yesterday's actions by the leadership of the Boulder Police Department. After representatives of the Boulder Police with Department and your office requested and agreed to a format for separate interviews of John Patsy Ramsey beginning at 9:30 a.m. today, we were advised at approximately 4:00 p.m. yesterday afternoon that the interviews were canceled because Boulder Police Department leadership no longer agreed to the format of the interviews -- despite previous statements to the contrary.
When we received this information from your office yesterday, we offered to discuss any additional matters which might facilitate the interviews but no one from the police department was willing to even have that discussion. In view of the bizarre position of the police department, we then offered to make Mr. and Mrs. Ramsey available this morning for separate interviews by Detective Lou Smit and any member of the District Attorney's office who wished to attend. This offer was also declined.
This action is incomprehensible in light of the previous history of this issue. The Police Department, directly and through a campaign of leaks and smears, has portrayed the Ramseys as unwilling to grant police interviews or assist the investigation. Although we know this innuendo to be false, we have avoided criticizing the police because we believed that it would only fuel a media war which would be counterproductive to the overarching goal -- finding and prosecuting the killer of JonBenet Ramsey. Yesterday's actions make further silence untenable.
HISTORY OF DISCUSSIONS WITH THE RAMSEYS REGARDING TODAY'S INTERVIEWS
On Friday, April 11, 1997, John and Patsy Ramsey, with their attorneys, met with Peter Hofstrom of your office and Tom Wickman of the Boulder Police Department. This meeting was held at Mr. Hofstrom's request. The Ramseys were told at that meeting that they had been treated unfairly in the past and that authorities wanted to put the investigation on a new track. They were told that "we need your help to solve this crime." The Ramseys were asked to give interviews and continue their previous cooperation. No conditions were placed on the manner in which the interviews would be conducted and, in fact, we were invited to propose any conditions we considered reasonable. At that meeting, John Ramsey immediately said that he would gladly meet with your representatives if it would help the effort to find his daughter's killer.
The day after that meeting, Patsy Ramsey voluntarily provided a fourth handwriting sample. The Ramseys also agreed to let authorities search their house again without a warrant; agreed to destructive testing of materials located at their home; agreed to identify Patsy Ramsey's prior writings; and agreed to make themselves available for separate interviews on Wednesday, April 23, 1997, beginning at 9:30 a.m. The Ramseys agreed to answer any questions put to them by any investigator chosen by your office or the Police Department. We requested that these interviews be of two hour durations, respectively, but we were certainly flexible on time and your agencies voiced no objection to that time frame.
All the arrangements for these interviews had been made and agreed upon. John and Patsy were anxious to participate, based on Mr. Hofstrom's representations that such interviews would assist in apprehending the killer of their daughter. We cannot describe their anguish and disappointment when we were forced to advise them that the police had reneged on the very interviews you earnestly requested on April 11.
PREVIOUS INTERVIEWS AND OFFERS
This episode is the latest in an inexplicable series of events which appear to be senseless efforts to intimidate and smear the Ramseys without any valid investigative purpose. We can document that both John and Patsy Ramsey were extensively interviewed by Boulder police, including detectives, on December 26, 1996, the day JonBenet's body was discovered. John Ramsey answered more police questions the next day. On doctors' directions, Patsy Ramsey was not interrogated on December 27.
What occurred next was the most insensitive and outrageous action in this case, at least to date: Boulder police refused to release JonBenet's body for burial unless the Ramseys agreed to come to the police station and submit to a hostile interrogation. We had to threaten legal action to obtain her release for burial. This was the first in a series of insensitive and incomprehensible actions by the Boulder Police Department leadership to destroy every sincere attempt to have an open and honest relationship of trust with the Boulder Police Department.
After John and Patsy returned from the funeral, we offered to make them available for a joint interview on January 18, 1997, at 10:00 a.m. We told the police that Patsy Ramsey was too ill to attend the entire session but that John Ramsey would answer all questions put to him. The police declined this offer and stated in writing that such an interview would not "be helpful" because "the time for interviewing John and Patsy as witnesses who could provide critical information that would be helpful in the initial stages of our investigation has passed." The police countered with an offer that the Ramseys come to the police station at 6 p.m. on a Friday night and subject themselves to inquisition for as long as "the nature and quality of the information" warranted. That absurd suggestion was rejected, especially since the police did not believe that the Ramseys possessed any "critical information."
Since that time, law enforcement authorities from several agencies have launched a cowardly smear campaign against John and Patsy, fueled by leaks and smears attributable only to "sources." We will no longer endure these tactics in silence. It is beyond comprehension that law enforcement authorities prefer to leak information rather than interrogate the persons who they characterize as "suspects" in this investigation.
It is apparent that the leadership of the Boulder Police Department lacks the objectivity and judgment necessary to find the killer of JonBenet Ramsey. Mr. Hofstrom told John and Patsy that he wanted their help to solve this crime. They remain willing to meet with Mr. Smit, Mr. Ainsworth or any other members of your office to that end.
Sincerely,
Harold A. Haddon
Patrick Burke

April 17, 1997 Fleet and Priscilla White have been good friends to us. We are gratified to know that the Boulder Police Department has officially cleared them as suspects in the murder of our daughter. We hope that this announcement will give them some relief from the terrible stress of this situation.
It is also our hope that the Boulder Police Department will continue to clear the names of all those who have been unfairly tainted by suspicion.
April 15, 1997 The District Attorney and the Boulder Police Department have made a request for a fifth handwriting sample from Patsy Ramsey and have set forth reasons for that request. Lawyers for the Ramsey family are considering the appropriateness of the request.
[SIZE=-1]- Joint statement from Hal Haddon and Alex Hunter[/SIZE]
April 10, 1997 We did receive a request for a fourth handwriting sample, which is limited in scope, and which Patsy Ramsey immediately agreed to provide.
April 8, 1997 In response to the request for comment on public perception of the fact that no formal interrogation has occurred, the following statement was released:
"They are aware that some people have drawn incorrect inferences. The fact that a formal interrogation has not occurred does not mean the family is not cooperating. John and Patsy have, and will continue to cooperate with the authorities."
April 3, 1997 In response to the question why a representative of the Ramsey family will not be present at the Cellmark testing, the following statement was released:
"We determined that it was unnecessary."
April 3, 1997 In response to the request for an update on the status of a formal interrogation of John and Patsy, the following statement was released:
"We have made several offers that the Boulder Police Department is considering."
April 3, 1997 In response to the request for comments by the family regarding the fact that one hundred days have passed since the murder of their daughter and no arrest has been made, the following statement was released:
"John and Patsy are enormously frustrated."

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

march.gif

March 28, 1997 Attorneys for the Ramsey family have decided not to send a representative to Maryland to observe the Cellmark DNA tests. The attorneys have determined that the presence of an observer was unnecessary.
[SIZE=-1]- Statement made by Pat Korten[/SIZE]
March 27, 1997 Boulder city spokesman Kelvin McNeill made remarks during this morning's news conference concerning DNA testing at Cellmark Diagnostics that are simply incorrect. Neither the Ramseys nor their attorneys are responsible for any delay in DNA testing.
The facts are as follows:
Attorneys for the Ramsey family were advised that Cellmark would begin DNA testing of physical evidence from the murder scene in April, according to a schedule Cellmark set on its own. It was understood that any decision on our part to accept the invitation to observe those tests could be made at any time prior to the scheduled commencement of the tests. Neither the Ramseys nor their attorneys are critical of Cellmark for scheduling these tests in accordance with its other important priorities. But the Ramseys and their attorneys have had nothing to do with setting that schedule, and it is wrong to state or imply that any delay in conducting DNA testing at Cellmark is attributable to the Ramsey family. We are weighing the factors involved in deciding whether to observe, and will notify law enforcement authorities and officials at Cellmark well before their scheduled testing.
March 19, 1997 wazzu News leaks appearing to come from law enforcement over the past few days have suggested that there are some similarities between Patsy Ramsey's handwriting and that found on the ransom note left in the Ramsey's house on December 26.
Handwriting experts retained by the Ramseys, among the most highly regarded in the field, have concluded that neither John nor Patsy Ramsey wrote the note. While they noted some similarity between a few of Patsy Ramsey's letters and those found on the note, there were dramatic differences between her handwriting and the note in many other areas. The results of their analyses have been shared with Boulder Police and with the District Attorney's office. In addition, we offered to have these experts meet with police handwriting analysts, but that offer was declined. Neither John nor Patsy Ramsey wrote the ransom note nor had any role in creating it. Headlines and stories that suggest otherwise do them a serious injustice.
March 13, 1997 The following responds to media requests for our comment on the announcement in Boulder today that retired El Paso County Sheriff's Department Captain Lou Smit will assume responsibility as lead investigator of the JonBenet murder investigation for the District Attorney's office.
Captain Smit is highly regarded in the law enforcement community, and we hope that the experience and fresh perspective he brings will expedite the process of finding and bringing to justice the murderer of JonBenet Ramsey.
March 12, 1997 While it merits little or no comment, many reporters have called asking for a reaction to an incident today at the University of Colorado in Boulder.
Trying to sully the good name of a wonderful six year old child who lost her life in a horrible way is not merely tasteless: it is disgusting and vulgar.
March 10, 1997 An article in today's Rocky Mountain News incorrectly reports that "up to a dozen people" have been "identified by John and Patsy Ramsey as possible suspects in their daughter's slaying." Although the article later admits that there was never "an actual list," and that names "were compiled by investigators based on conversations with the Ramseys," the article as a whole leaves an incorrect impression.
The Ramseys have never provided police with a "list" of names, nor have they identified anyone as a "suspect." They have provided information to police investigators that could be of use in their investigation, both on their own initiative and in response to police department inquiries.
March 6, 1997 The following statement is being issued by the Ramsey family in response to today's announcement by the Boulder police department:
"The Ramsey family is grateful that police have announced that John Andrew and Melinda are not suspects in this case.
"Additionally, in response to questions that have been asked, we wish to make it clear that no one has been employed or authorized by the family to investigate members of the Boulder police department."
March 4, 1997 An article in today's Colorado Daily quoted a "knowledgeable source" as saying that "private investigators hired by the Ramsey family" are looking into the "professional and private lives" of Boulder Police detectives. The story is flatly untrue. No such inquiry is taking place, or has ever taken place. The work of the private investigators is related exclusively to the task they were given by John Ramsey in December: to obtain information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of the person who murdered JonBenet Ramsey. That is their one and only responsibility in this case.
March 3, 1997 Patsy Ramsey voluntarily provided a third handwriting sample to Boulder Police on Friday, February 28. Both John and Patsy Ramsey had voluntarily provided handwriting samples on two earlier occasions each, and have provided hair, blood and fingerprints voluntarily as well. They have willingly cooperated with such police requests throughout the investigation of the murder of their daughter.
March 2, 1997 There appears to be renewed confusion on the part of many of you with regard to the whereabouts of John Ramsey's oldest son, John Andrew, during Christmas week 1996. The following statement is being issued by his family today:
"It should be made perfectly clear by the Boulder Police Department that John Andrew is not a suspect in this horrible crime. To continue to refuse to do so is cruel to a fine young man and to the rest of our family.
"John Andrew was not in Boulder, Colorado on the night of JonBenet's murder. John Andrew and his sister Melinda were at their mother's home in Atlanta, Georgia on December 24 and 25, 1996 for the Christmas holiday. They left for the airport at approximately 6:45 a.m. EST On December 26, 1996, and departed Atlanta at approximately 8:36 a.m. on Delta flight 954, headed for Minneapolis, not knowing anything of the events of that day in Boulder. They intended to meet their father, Patsy, JonBenet and Burke in Minneapolis, and continue by private plane to the Ramsey home in Michigan. Upon arrival in Minneapolis, they received word that JonBenet had been kidnaped. After considerable effort, they were able to obtain seats on United flight 1031 to Denver.
"Within the first four weeks of the investigation, the Boulder Police were provided the following documentation and information by the Ramsey family and others:
1. Copies of the flight tickets for John and Melinda from Atlanta to Minneapolis and from Minneapolis to Denver.
2. The names of witnesses who were with John and Melinda in Atlanta on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and the schedule of their activities on those days.
3. The name of the pilot of the private plane who was to fly to Minneapolis to pick up John Andrew and Melinda.
4. A sworn statement from Cindy Johnson that John Andrew and Melinda were awakened early on the morning of December 26, 1996 and that she drove John Andrew and Melinda to the Atlanta airport.
5. John Andrew, Melinda, Cindy and other witnesses have been interrogated by the Boulder Police Department about these facts, some on more than one occasion.
"We would also like to send personal messages to several people who helped our children during this time. There is a United ticket agent in Minneapolis who should remember the frantic pleas from John Andrew and Melinda to get to Denver. We are grateful for your help. To the wonderful people who may have given up their seats on the United flight so that our children could get to Denver, we thank you as well. We also want to thank the compassionate woman for the angel pin and kind words you gave to Melinda. Your angel was given to JonBenet by Melinda and is with her now. God bless you."
(Signed)
Lucinda Ramsey Johnson
John B. Ramsey
Patricia Ramsey

february.gif

February 27, 1997 We've had numerous requests for a response to Alex Hunter's news conference this morning.

For some reason I can't copy and paste the Feb. statement regarding the molestation...only part of it will paste...so, I will try it again.

February 27, 1997 We've had numerous requests for a response to Alex Hunter's news conference this morning.

February 27, 1997
We've had numerous requests for a response to Alex Hunter's news conference this morning. Questions regarding the significance of the various states visited by police detectives are best directed to them or to the DA.
- Statement made by Pat Korten
February 14, 1997
Over the past few weeks, some media, principally tabloid press, have run stories alleging that there was a past history of sexual or other abuse of JonBenet Ramsey prior to her tragic death in December. Today's release of portions of the autopsy report has fueled more such speculation. The stories suggesting or alleging abuse are utterly false. Following is a statement issued by Dr. Francesco Beuf, the Boulder pediatrician whose practice cared for JonBenet for most of her life, right up to the time of her death: "My office treated JonBenet Ramsey from March, 1993 through December, 1996. Throughout this period, there has beenabsolutely no evidence of abuse of any kind."
(Signed) Francesco Beuf, M.D.
Times New Roman','serif']On Friday evening, February 14, 1997, KUSA-TV aired an interview with Dr. Beuf. A transcript of the interview appears below. It is copyrighted material, reproduced here by permission. Any reference to it in other news stories must credit KUSA.
Anchor JonBenet Ramsey's pediatrician says he is convinced she was not sexually abused. And, he says, he told Boulder Police investigators that when they asked him. He said he would only talk with one media person and that person was Paula Woodward.
Woodward: He said he wants the information he has as JonBenet's pediatrician out in the public, but he's appalled by media coverage and so will only talk once. Dr. Francesco Beuf says he saw JonBenet 30 times in 3 years. He said the last time he saw her was five weeks before she died.
When you talked with the police, did they ask you about sexual abuse of JonBenet?
Beuf Yes, of course they did.
Woodward What did you tell them?
Beuf I told them absolutely, categorically no. There was absolutely no evidence - either physical or historical.
Woodward And that's from seeing her 30 times in 3 years?
Beuf About that.
Woodward What else did they ask you?
Beuf Oh, they asked many of the same questions you've been asking: relationship with her parents, what sort of child she was, if there was any indication of depression and sadness.
Woodward And your answers?
Beuf Only as appropriate. If she was sick, she wasn't feeling too well. If her mother was off being treated for cancer, she was sad at that.
Woodward He talked with us in the treatment room where he saw her five weeks before she was killed.
Was she an ordinary kid?
Beuf No. I think she was extraordinary in the amount of charm that she had. And sweetness was the quality I appreciated most.
Woodward Where you aware of how much she was in beauty pageants or whether she was?
Beuf I don't know how much she was in beauty pageants. When she was here, I think I heard it mentioned a couple of times. In the last year that she was doing it, it just wasn't a big deal. The big deal was how she was doing things with her friends here. How she was going to Michigan with her parents. Just the fun things in life. The beauty pageants just didn't seem to be at the top of the heap by any means.
Woodward Tell me what she said to you.
Beuf To be honest with you, I can't remember. I just remember it made me feel good to see that much happiness and niceness in one spot.
Woodward ]Thirty visits in 3 years. He said her parents were good about getting her in and it wasn't an abnormal amount of visits. Do you think JonBenet was sexually abused?
Beuf I do not think she was sexually abused. I am convinced she wasn't sexually abused.
Woodward
Dr. Beuf also treats JonBenet's 10 year old brother Burke Ramsey. He describes him as a neat kid. Likes to play video games. That he's very bright and trying hard to deal with something he can't fully understand yet. Dr. Beuf says Burke Ramsey is just another nice kid whom he likes.
(End)
]February 13, 1997
The following statement was issued today by Patrick Korten on behalf of the Ramsey family:
"We are encouraged by the decision of Boulder law enforcement officials to put significant additional resources into their investigation. We strongly support their intensified effort to find and bring to justice the person who brutally murdered JonBenet. In fact, we offered to pay for the more expensive DNA testing early in the investigation. We also strongly endorse the views of Mr. Hunter and Chief Koby on speculative news reporting and the willingness of some in the media to report false and malicious rumors. Such reports cause almost indescribable pain to our family and to our community."

For some reason, I couldn't copy and paste the Feb. statement regarding the prior molestion, I had tried three times...but, it would only paste the first line, so I had to copy it into a word document, and then copy and paste it. (Geez, that was alot of work!!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back