GUILTY DC - Four Jacks-Fogle sisters, ages 5-17, murdered in their home, 2007

How could 4 children not be in school for that period of time and no one questions it????

Does anyone know what type of area this is where the children were found? Meaning, is it poverty level, middle income level, etc?

Possibly the children were being home schooled and that would explain why no questions were asked by any school official??

With each new atrocity that we find out about each day, (many times several each day) I shudder to think of the horrors going on right now that have not been found out yet and maybe never will.

I am more than a little interested in the fact that the woman was perfectly calm when questioned about why she had 4 children decomposing in a bedroom. One would have thought she would simply have shared her story with the detectives on who the children were and how they died...

How could 4 children not be in school for that period of time and no one questions it????

Does anyone know what type of area this is where the children were found? Meaning, is it poverty level, middle income level, etc?

Possibly the children were being home schooled and that would explain why no questions were asked by any school official??

Former Mayor Marion Barry is the councilman for the ward in which these poor kids were found. That dude doesn't have a good track record. In fact he is out there or was. I'm just making a guess it's lower middle class. Not that it excuses anything let alone four kids decomposing.

I don't see how any sane person could live in the house with 4 reeking corpses.. you know that's gonna smell horrid.

Mother Banita Jacks taken into custody LE believe she is responsible for girls death. Young girls ages were 5,6,11 & 17 years. LE is not saying what the cause of death is yet. How could this mother murder her children then continue to stay in that house?

Mother Banita Jacks taken into custody LE believe she is responsible for girls death. Young girls ages were 5,6,11 & 17 years. LE is not saying what the cause of death is yet. How could this mother murder her children then continue to stay in that house?

Thank you for the update Paddy. Police were canvassing the neighborhood in recent months on an unrelated homicide expressed concern for the girls. Cops contacted Child Protective Services. They couldn't find them back in April. The father of two of the girls died about a year ago. The girls attended two well regarded D.C. Charter schools, but left last March. The oldest girl appeared to be stabbed and deceased a little longer than her sisters. Oh and the answer to all our questions. How could this mother stay in the house with the mummified bodies of her daughters? She claims they were posessed.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...01/10/AR2008011001174.html?hpid=moreheadlines

In another article I read states their townhouse was located in one of the poorest & most violent neighborhoods in the city. But, the girls attended well regarded Charter schools? This doesn't make sense to me.

Just a quick thought on the school not noticing their absences - Here in Miami, FL, there was a two week winter break that started December 22 and classes reconvened on January 7. Maybe they had the same winter break interval.

Luzer

This is horrible. As bad as that wacko mom in Texas who drowned her five little ones.

you mean Andrea Yates? At least there was a chance that was Post Partum Psychosis, vs this woman starving her children, strangling them, beating them and stabbing them. She hated her oldest child as well...CNN just did a live feed. It was infinitely refreshing to hear the State Govt talk right out of the gate about how badly DSS dropped the ball and how there would be firings etc. I think that they have to be careful about making lower eschelon folks sacrificial lambs in this. They kicked the case to MD PD and closed the books, probably sighing in relief. There was no process in place for reopening a closed case when MD told DC that they could not find the family.

These kids may bave been dead since September...at least the little ones might have been. The older one was alive longer...OMG.

In another article I read states their townhouse was located in one of the poorest & most violent neighborhoods in the city. But, the girls attended well regarded Charter schools? This doesn't make sense to me.

From what I know in my city, paddy the Charter schools can be attended by anyone from any neighborhood. Maybe that was the case here. Just a guess.

Adrian Fenty will get to the bottom of this. The kids were taken out of school and the school was told they were going to be home schooled. None of the neighbors has seen the kids for months and they were told they were in NC with relatives. There was no furniture in the house, the neighbors say they saw the mother and the children out back in the summer beating the furniture with hammers? WTF?

The family was originally brought to the attention of DCS because the father left the hospital against doctors orders for leukemia and the family was living out of a van.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090714/ap_on_re_us/us_bodies_found

snippets from article:

WASHINGTON – A woman accused of killing her four daughters told police in an interview that the girls were possessed by demons and that she got rid of most of the family's possessions to contain the evil spirits.

Jacks' lawyers have urged Jacks to use an insanity defense, but she has refused. Weisberg has found her competent to stand trial.

In the videotaped interview, Jacks said the girls stopped being her daughters and took on the identities of the demons. "They got so bad," she said. She said her eldest daughter, Brittany, was possessed by a demon she called "Jezebel," a prostitute who caused suffering and spread disease.

But Jacks said she had nothing to do with the girls' deaths. She told detectives that her daughters inexplicably died one by one in their sleep.

Later, after the autopsy report came in, detectives asked Jacks why her account didn't match the finding that the girls were killed. She repeated a phrase she used many times during the interview: "None of this makes any sense." "This whole story is wild," she added.

Those poor children. I do not want to think of the horror they endured at the hands of that psycho!! At least there is no more pain or suffering for them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090714/ap_on_re_us/us_bodies_found

snippets from article:

WASHINGTON – A woman accused of killing her four daughters told police in an interview that the girls were possessed by demons and that she got rid of most of the family's possessions to contain the evil spirits.

Jacks' lawyers have urged Jacks to use an insanity defense, but she has refused. Weisberg has found her competent to stand trial.

In the videotaped interview, Jacks said the girls stopped being her daughters and took on the identities of the demons. "They got so bad," she said. She said her eldest daughter, Brittany, was possessed by a demon she called "Jezebel," a prostitute who caused suffering and spread disease.

But Jacks said she had nothing to do with the girls' deaths. She told detectives that her daughters inexplicably died one by one in their sleep.

Later, after the autopsy report came in, detectives asked Jacks why her account didn't match the finding that the girls were killed. She repeated a phrase she used many times during the interview: "None of this makes any sense." "This whole story is wild," she added.

Those innocent girls.

IMO, the only "demon's" in this family resided in this insane excuse of a mother. :mad::mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back