UNSOLVED FL - Port St Lucie, Skeletal remains in brush, Jan'08

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
I am making note of this because PSL is abt two hours south of Daytona Beach, where they just found that other body.

PORT ST. LUCIE — Police are investigating some human remains found today in some brush off Tiffany Avenue, a police spokesman said.
“We’re going through some of our missing persons reports to see whether or not it’s someone who may have been missing from our city,” said Officer Robert Vega, police spokesman. “Right now, it’s too early to tell who it might be.”
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/jan/09/human-remains-found-brush-tiffany-avenue-psl/

Everytime I see a case like this I automatically think of Jennifer Kesse. Please keep up informed on this one!!

Is this article related?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/10/mystery.bones/index.html?iref=24hours

FORT MYERS, Florida (CNN) -- The woods off Arcadia Street in Fort Myers for years concealed an unmarked graveyard, police say.

An ecologist found the first set of human remains there in March 2007 by chance. The man was surveying the area thick with melaleuca trees and scrub brush when he saw what he thought was a human skeleton and called police.
Arriving quickly at the scene, Fort Myers Police Sgt. Jennifer Soto found that other officers had already discovered a second set of remains. Then, there was a third set.
"At that point, things started to slow down," Soto told CNN last month as she recalled the grim discoveries. "We wanted to make sure we were dealing with a crime scene, which was exactly how we were treating it. So we stopped and called in more resources and we started to expand. By 7 p.m. that evening, we had located the eighth set of remains."
In a single day, police had eight new deaths to investigate and few clues other than a wooded area full of human bones. There were no witnesses to interview and no suspects to track down. (more at link)

Hi
No,I don't think it is.I don't know.I believe it is in St Lucie County.Can you please keep me,us posted on the first article posted about bones found " Human remains found in brush off Tiffany Avenue in PSL, Fl "Did they find out how old the bones and skull were?Is there a map of this area?

suzanne

PORT ST. LUCIE -- Two people walking east along Tiffany Avenue on Wednesday discovered human bones and a skull in some nearby brush, police said. The pedestrians found the bones around 1:40 p.m. in a part of a wooded area across the street from the Tiffany Club Apartments, 1500 S.E. Tiffany Club Place, said Rob Vega, Port St. Lucie police spokesman. Police sent the bones to the medical examiner's office to identify the dead person, he said. Meanwhile, police are reviewing old missing person reports to find a potential match.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_8163/is_20080110/ai_n51981888/

Is this article related?

Bone investigation solves 1 mystery, opens another - CNN.com

FORT MYERS, Florida (CNN) -- The woods off Arcadia Street in Fort Myers for years concealed an unmarked graveyard, police say.

An ecologist found the first set of human remains there in March 2007 by chance. The man was surveying the area thick with melaleuca trees and scrub brush when he saw what he thought was a human skeleton and called police.
Arriving quickly at the scene, Fort Myers Police Sgt. Jennifer Soto found that other officers had already discovered a second set of remains. Then, there was a third set.
"At that point, things started to slow down," Soto told CNN last month as she recalled the grim discoveries. "We wanted to make sure we were dealing with a crime scene, which was exactly how we were treating it. So we stopped and called in more resources and we started to expand. By 7 p.m. that evening, we had located the eighth set of remains."
In a single day, police had eight new deaths to investigate and few clues other than a wooded area full of human bones. There were no witnesses to interview and no suspects to track down. (more at link)

Considering 2 were homeless there’s probably a good possibility that all eight were from a local homeless camp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back