WA WA - Wallace Guidroz, 2, Tacoma, 10 Jan 1983

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/279dmwa.html

Wallace Guidroz
Missing since January 10, 1983 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: March 24, 1980
Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0; 35 pounds
<LI>Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial male. (Asian and Black) Black hair; brown eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Guidroz was playing in Point Defiance Park with his father in Tacoma, Washington on January 10, 1983. He disappeared while he his father was talking to another adult and has never been found despite extensive search. Kidnapping suspected, many leads received but none checked out

25 years ago...

--------------------------------
Wallace Guidroz
Missing since January 10, 1983 from Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 24, 1980
Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0; 35 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial male. (Asian and Black) Black hair; brown eyes.
Dentals: Not Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Guidroz was playing in Point Defiance Park with his father in Tacoma, Washington on January 10, 1983. He disappeared while he his father was talking to another adult and has never been found despite extensive search. Kidnapping suspected, many leads received but none checked out.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Guidroz's whereabouts, please contact:

Tacoma Police Department
253-591-5940

All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number: 83-010367
NCIC Number: M-199529706
Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

Operation Lookout
Tacoma News Tribune
Washington State Missing Persons
The Doe Network: Case File 279DMWA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/279dmwa.html

I swear, every time I see a sketch of a crazy-eyed, big-haired lady and a creepy, bearded man, I am reminded of the suspects in Russell Mort's case:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/198dmny.html

My imagination paints a picture of this sleazy couple traveling the states, abducting kids, and selling them to the highest bidder.

it says he may have been the victim of homicide do they have info not shared with the public? i was looking at the sketch of the women and for some reason i fee like i have seen that sketch before in another case or maybe they just look alike i wish doe or like other missing sites would have just a section of sketches and like the case numbers or links to the cases after them so we don't have to search every case just to find the sketches. i bet the man was walking with the father to distract him they come back the boy is gone man says i go this way u go that way man vanishes to meet up with women and both kids i wonder if we could find the father. what if he went under hypnosis

http://www.thenewstribune.com/front/topstories/story/251640.html
this one has a detailed story of the boy plus a time line of the day he went fishing up to the point he was kidnapped

I doubt hypnosis would help, because I'm sure the dad shared everything he knew with the police.

I think the male abductor in this case probably said something along the lines of the female abductor and the kids just wandering somewhere else, and they should look. It would give them time to get away and by the time the dad realizes they're gone, they're long gone.

I don't know why the cops think Wallace was murdered but here's a guess: If the couple they think abducted him were looking for a child to raise as their own, why take Wallace? They were Caucasian, and no way could they have passed him off as their biological child. So why not choose a white child for that purpose? Unless they didn't want to adopt him. This may well be why the police think he was killed.

To use a little girl as a pawn in the abduction is just chilling.

was the girl in fact theres i wish someone could have remembered what the girl looked like and did a sketch of the girl do u think they were going to sell the baby? and if they did would his unusual heritage stand out?

i also googled the percent of half african half asian population but got results not related to what i wanted i also search on half african half asian and nothing.

For what it's worth, authorities believe that black babies were being kidnapped and sold for adoption in New York City in the 1980s. But that's a long way away from Washington state.

do you think someone wanted a baby of that heritage and they had contacts in various states looking for someone that would match what those people wanted? i know ny is a way long way off from Washington but anything is possible what if he was taken to Canada were there any leads like spotings of Wallace or the kidnappers?

do you think someone wanted a baby of that heritage and they had contacts in various states looking for someone that would match what those people wanted? i know ny is a way long way off from Washington but anything is possible what if he was taken to Canada were there any leads like spotings of Wallace or the kidnappers?

Didn't one of the articles say that the couple tried to snatch another kid earlier? Sounds like they were desperate for a kid -- any kid. For whatever reason, who knows.

One witness did come forward saying she was with her children at the park earlier on the day of the abduction and that a man resembling the guy wanted in Wallace's case had tried to take her children twice.

I wonder about that though. If I was a mother and someone at a park tried to snatch my children, I would alert the park security or law enforcement, or at least leave the park with the kids right away. I would not wait around for the person to make a second attempt. I wonder if the witness wasn't reading too much into things, in hindsight. Like, say she saw the abductor's sketch on the news and thought, "Huh, I was at the park that day and saw a man like that standing near my children...omg he must have been trying to snatch them!"

Of course I could be totally wrong. The police seem to have given the sighting credibility anyway. But it's a thought.

Here's another theory: the article did not mention the race of the above-mentioned witness. Suppose she and the kids were Caucasian. The abductors really wanted a Caucasian child and tried to get one, but they couldn't, and it was getting late, people were leaving the park, etc., and so they snatched the only child they could find, which happened to little Wallace with his fro.

what a sad sad sad case. i am pretty "tearless" when it comes to this kind of stuff... but reading to charley description, i had the strangest feeling ... my heart was sinking and i started crying. never happened to me before.

i am hoping that somehow he is safe after all these years but given what little info we have it could go either way. When i first started researching missing children Janice pockett was my first one and like u i had the same feelings

Wikipedia has an article about African/Asian mixes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Asian It says they're sometimes called "Blasian" and there's a link to a site for Blasians: http://www.blasians.com/ which has a picture gallery of Afro-Asians. For all we know Wallace could be on there. Many of the people in the pictures, I would guess as Hispanic if I didn't know.

I can find nothing about the prevalence in the American population, however.

i posted a message in the guest book section with a link to his charlie page plus mentioned the thread her on ws i looked at the pictures only 4 were on the website

I think Wallace's father's actions are odd. Just about everytime I see a sketch of a shaggy haired anonymous couple, I get suspicious about the stories being told...JMO.
Who leaves their kid with perfect strangers while they take a walk??

A single guy, maybe. But not a couple. You see two people with a little kid and you think they're okay then. I can see someone seeing their kid playing with another one and be persuaded to take a walk with one parent.

I believe the police have said the parents aren't suspects.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back