More problems caused by illegal immigration

reb

Reaction score
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/011108dnmettornado.231a23e.htm

from the article:
<According to interview notes, Tornado officials told investigators that Mr. Tapia couldn't speak English and would need a translator.
An Arkansas Highway Patrol investigator told them "it was illegal for the company to use a driver who cannot read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the public," the notes said. "Immediately, the company official and driver Tapia stated he could speak and understand English.">

typical.

once again.. even with all the problems here, there is a REASON that i choose to live in the US and not mexico. we USED to have labor laws that meant something... but apparently.. since we are more interested in getting cheap slave labor these days and not 'offending' anyone... than preserving our quality of life... that's all going down the toilet. now we have the mexican way of life being imported here... to the point where it becomes a safety issue and affects everyone's quality of life.

what if this was YOUR family who was killed by this driver??? would it be an important issue then??

but since no one who has any power gives a rat's arse about the illegal immigration problem,, then get ready for more of the same, folks.

btw... the reason this is an 'ILLEGAL' immigration problem is obvious.. i don't have to explain myself. the words 'illegal' and 'immigration' have become blurred these days. we can assume that most mexican immigrants are illegal, which they are.

The priority of elected officials should be American citizens, not corporations or illegal aliens!!!!

Unfortunately your link leads me to: PAGE NOT FOUND.

and this means i don't know which company was employing. and what the job was. or what the story is about, apart from illegals being employed.

Reread the article published. This bus company catered to mainly Hispanics, many who returned to Mexico after the accident, and some who did not speak English. The drugs the driver is said to have had in his system most likely came from Mexico. The driver was from Texas with what appears to have past driving violations.

This has nothing to do with illegal immigrants on any level.

Reread the article published. This bus company catered to mainly Hispanics, many who returned to Mexico after the accident, and some who did not speak English. The drugs the driver is said to have had in his system most likely came from Mexico. The driver was from Texas with what appears to have past driving violations.

You're absolutely right.

Yes you are right this has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. Reb, please take your anger somewhere else about illegal immigrants. I am Mexican and am very offended that you can assume all MEXICANS are ILLEGAL. Should we post it on our foreheads, legal or illegal. Exactly what you said is what leads to racial profiling and hatred for a whole race. If you want to discuss this it should be in the political thread anyway.

Imthemom, I'm not Mexican but I'm an immigrant (I refuse to say 'legal immigrant' because illegals are not truly immigrants IMO, so 'immigrant' automatically means 'legal' in my book) and this kind of anger even annoys the hey out of me. It also always makes me want to post 16 things that born and bred Americans did... but I don't have to, because it's all already here.

I am not trying to start something here, but I genuinly wonder about this whenever someone goes off about 'illegals': they almost always are talking about 'Mexicans', like the two words are interchangeable. What I am genuinly curious about, Reb and everyone who feels the same way, how are your feelings about illegal Europeans? Like Germans and French and Irish? Many many bars and other establishments in NYC for example are full of illegal workers from Ireland, who come over to try their luck and hope to gain some kind of legal status along the way (which most never get so they remain illegal). My gut feeling is, if you're against illegals you're against all of them, yet I only hear people mouthing off about Mexicans. What gives?

Imthemom, I'm not Mexican but I'm an immigrant (I refuse to say 'legal immigrant' because illegals are not truly immigrants IMO, so 'immigrant' automatically means 'legal' in my book) and this kind of anger even annoys the hey out of me. It also always makes me want to post 16 things that born and bred Americans did... but I don't have to, because it's all already here.

I am not trying to start something here, but I genuinly wonder about this whenever someone goes off about 'illegals': they almost always are talking about 'Mexicans', like the two words are interchangeable. What I am genuinly curious about, Reb and everyone who feels the same way, how are your feelings about illegal Europeans? Like Germans and French and Irish? Many many bars and other establishments in NYC for example are full of illegal workers from Ireland, who come over to try their luck and hope to gain some kind of legal status along the way (which most never get so they remain illegal). My gut feeling is, if you're against illegals you're against all of them, yet I only hear people mouthing off about Mexicans. What gives?

This is a great point! It is like when people talk about securing the border. Why don't they worry about securing Canada. It is because they want to keep those people out, meaning Mexicans. We aren't worried about terrorist or our politicians would be talking about securing all our borders. There are many people illegal here from Canada also but if they are white and speak English, I guess some think it is okay? Homeland security is cracking down on illegal Mexican immigrants mostly, they have yet to do a dang thing about terrorism.

Homeland security is cracking down on illegal Mexican immigrants mostly, they have yet to do a dang thing about terrorism.

What exactly do you want them to do about terrorism that they aren't currently doing?

I just have to say this and I am not being a smart alec. This has nothing to do with illegal immigration either. I just don't want to have to press #1 if I speak English. I'm calling my telephone company and I am in the US. Why do I have to push a number? Why don't I push #3 for Vietnamese, and #4 for German and #5 for French. Just asking.

There must be more immigrants here, legal or not, from Mexico since so many of our instructions and phone messages are in Spanish, even on grocery products now. Maybe it depends what part of country you're in, but around here I never see many other races that are from across the seas. Most of them can't even get here that easily. I know of a girl from Israel who had to pay thousands of dollars just to be able to marry an American and he had to prove that he could support her. Same with another who married a Chinese woman. Most people can't just come over here and decide to stay as easily as those from Mexico since it's so close and it's much harder to bring any of their family over. If I could, I'd immigrate over to somewere in Europe.

There must be more immigrants here, legal or not, from Mexico since so many of our instructions and phone messages are in Spanish, even on grocery products now. Maybe it depends what part of country you're in, but around here I never see many other races that are from across the seas. Most of them can't even get here that easily. I know of a girl from Israel who had to pay thousands of dollars just to be able to marry an American and he had to prove that he could support her. Same with another who married a Chinese woman. Most people can't just come over here and decide to stay as easily as those from Mexico since it's so close and it's much harder to bring any of their family over. If I could, I'd immigrate over to somewere in Europe.

I just wanted to comment that lots of people speak Spanish from many countries including to the South of us, Honduras, Guatamala, Chile. There are many people here legally and illegally from these countries not just Mexico. So that is why it is so upsetting to Mexicans who are profiled racially. A cop is not likely to pull over a white person that speaks English and ask them for their papers. Also my father came her illegally as did my husband. We have already spent close to 15,000 on attorneys and fees and are still waiting for a court date next month. So it is not cheap for them to stay here and stay here easily if they really want to become legal. My husband came here when he was 15 not intending to stay, just to work and go back home. We met when I was 16 and he was 17. We have two children and have been togeter for 10 years. We do agree the borders need to be secured, there needs to be work programs, they need to speak English. We don't agree with the immigrants marching with Mexican flags, this is American and many other Mexican people agree with us. The thing with Spanish signs and press 1 for Spanish is to sell products, this is the sellers who is accomodating people to not have to learn English. If they wouldn't do this, they would be forced to learn English, at least a little bit. SO there you go JMO.

So that is why it is so upsetting to Mexicans who are profiled racially. A cop is not likely to pull over a white person that speaks English and ask them for their papers. The thing with Spanish signs and press 1 for Spanish is to sell products, this is the sellers who is accomodating people to not have to learn English. If they wouldn't do this, they would be forced to learn English, at least a little bit. SO there you go JMO.

I'mthemom, with all due respect it's upsetting to all minorities to be racially profiled weather they speak Spanish or not. I'm not doubting you that many businesses have the use of Spanish when you put a phone call through, but why blame others for people that don't want to learn to speak English? Why force someone to learn the language of the country in which they now reside? We've had an uproar in Philadelphia because a Italian American has put a sign in his window to order in English. The liberals are coming out of the woodwork and ready to crucify the man. His point being his ancestors didn't speak a lick of English when they got here yet they learned. Anymore it don't matter who I call weather they are selling something or not I get the Push #1 routine. I have many neighbors from Brazil, the Dominican, etc. though as you said it is not only Mexicans. I have great respect for you and your family for working so hard to achieve the American dream, and I can not say I understand your position as I have not had to go through any of your trials. Just wanted to add that so you know I am in no way criticizing you.

hot topic here !!! sizzle !

more firewood.

if LEGAL americans, of any race, would pick cotton and clean grease traps, and do highway roadside work without being in a chain gang, employers wouldn't be forced to hire illegal immigrants. Illegals will work twice as long, for half as much and won't cause trouble at work becuase they don't want to go back to wherever they came from.

at one point, all of your ancestors (except maybe you imthemom) were illegal immigrants here, and instead of going back to their own damn country and fixing it, they stole this one and built a provisional government inside on land that didn't belong to them, and forced out the people who had legitimate historical claim to the land.

if you don't like that its happening again, go back to europe and fix things over there.

me, im part indian, part european, and i say we are all welcome here, as long you keep a job, don't hurt anyone, i don't care what your immigration status is.

one last thing, most of the illegals i knew, if you gave them a flat rate for becoming legal, say , 5 thousand dollars, they'd pay it in a heartbeat. they want to be legal, they want to pay taxes, they want to be like everyone else.

~lightwaveryder~

yes, i was talking about illegals and i was talking about mexican illegals. they are the main cause of the big problems we are facing right now, in terms of immigration... health issues, labor issues, safety issues on the highways, crime, you name it. but those who don't see these problems either aren't affected by it personally (but just wait-- you will be).. or in a state of extreme denial.

as for terrorism-- in a way i feel worry for our goverment.
everyone b*tches they don't do enough... but then they try to do something.. everyone gets all up in arms about them taking away our freedoms.. so they're dammed (sic) if they do and dammed if they don't!
well guess what... if we want more protection we're gonna have to say buh-bye to more of our freedoms... that's just the way it is, unfortunately. especially with all these pro-illegal immigration americans out there now... who are so in love with our hemorrhaging borders, and would be perfectly happy to see america turn into the United States of Mexico!

The problem then is with the people hiring the illegals to pick the cotton and clean up grease. Heck, I'm lower middle class, and had to work several jobs at one time to even pay rent and I had no health care, no benefits at all. These were some menial,hecka hard jobs too. If the employer could find somebody to work longer hours for less money I'd place the blame on him. Who wants to be like everyone else if the everyone elses are the middle class. Pay out the wazoo for the folks standing in line in front of me from Russia. Yes, they are legal if you will, but I pay $92.00 for my mom's prescription it can get one a tad ticked when they get the same script for ZILCH! But that'd be off topic as is the people who get loans at some phenomental interest rate I'd never see. They buy a little store and work very hard, and then come on a bus from New York and snatch every single property up in my hood and Section 8 it. That's off topic as well, but decided to get it in there. What's the solution?

the solution filly.. is to keep fighting for the great american standard of life that we USED to have.. and that everyone wants to enjoy by moving here. and that means, we don't let in every bit of riff-raff from anywhere in the world. we USED to have better enforcement of immigration... WHAT HAPPENED?? and why does no one care anymore??? ... and we need better enforcement of laws... and people need to support law enforcement more and stop making criminals into heroes.
there's a big difference between the great american melting pot, and the 'tower of babel'-- where you just have chaos.. no cohesive system anymore... and pretty soon if we continue to be so apathetic about it all... there will be no one left in power who cares.

and to all the young american, english-speaking citizens.. get off the g*d d*mn drugs already.. quit destroying yourselves... get your head together.. be proud of your heritage and your culture.. stand up and FIGHT for yourself and your way of life.. before it's GONE!!!

hot topic here !!! sizzle !

more firewood.

if LEGAL americans, of any race, would pick cotton and clean grease traps, and do highway roadside work without being in a chain gang, employers wouldn't be forced to hire illegal immigrants. Illegals will work twice as long, for half as much and won't cause trouble at work becuase they don't want to go back to wherever they came from.

at one point, all of your ancestors (except maybe you imthemom) were illegal immigrants here, and instead of going back to their own damn country and fixing it, they stole this one and built a provisional government inside on land that didn't belong to them, and forced out the people who had legitimate historical claim to the land.

if you don't like that its happening again, go back to europe and fix things over there.

me, im part indian, part european, and i say we are all welcome here, as long you keep a job, don't hurt anyone, i don't care what your immigration status is.

one last thing, most of the illegals i knew, if you gave them a flat rate for becoming legal, say , 5 thousand dollars, they'd pay it in a heartbeat. they want to be legal, they want to pay taxes, they want to be like everyone else.

~lightwaveryder~

:clap: Couldn't have said it better myself. And yes my ancestors did come here from all over. My mom is white. My father illegal from Mexico (now legal). My great grandfather was full blood Black Foot Native American. My grandmother was full blood Hungarian. Her parents came here from Hungria on boats, no visas. Just walked in and signed their name.

the solution filly.. is to keep fighting for the great american standard of life that we USED to have.. and that everyone wants to enjoy by moving here. and that means, we don't let in every bit of riff-raff from anywhere in the world. we USED to have better enforcement of immigration... WHAT HAPPENED?? and why does no one care anymore??? ... and we need better enforcement of laws... and people need to support law enforcement more and stop making criminals into heroes.
there's a big difference between the great american melting pot, and the 'tower of babel'-- where you just have chaos.. no cohesive system anymore... and pretty soon if we continue to be so apathetic about it all... there will be no one left in power who cares.

and to all the young american, english-speaking citizens.. get off the g*d d*mn drugs already.. quit destroying yourselves... get your head together.. be proud of your heritage and your culture.. stand up and FIGHT for yourself and your way of life.. before it's GONE!!!

You seem to have forgotten, immigrants are what have made this country so great. This is one huge country of all kinds of nationalities. What would America be today without immigration? You seem more hell bent on getting all the immigrants out of this country and making it one country full of white people!! Have you forgotten the Native Americans were here first, the white people pushed them off their land and killed them, pushing them into reservations and making them speak ENGLISH only. Now most have lost their old language, culture and heritage. Oh but I forgot you are not from that riff-raff from the rest of the world, your ancestors were all born here right? Yea maybe if today's young people would take these jobs we wouldn't need so many immigrants but they won't and furthermore a third of the citrus crop went unpicked last year because there were not enough workers to pick it even with all the illegal immigrants here. I think this country would be in a world of hurt without all these MEXICANS that cause you such much duress.

I have no problem with legal immigration. It's the fact that our laws are not being enforced that bothers me. We already have laws in place to control immigration. Many in the world do it legally and wait years and jump through many hoops to get here. When they do come, they work and pay taxes on their own social security card.

Illegal immigration is a huge drain on our economy. Just look at California if you want to see what will happen in the rest of our country (and is already happening in many states).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back