Cheryl Dunlap Murder-Evidence Connected To GHM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
We already know of some evidence which connects Hilton to Cheryl's case and more will be coming out.

1. They place Hilton in the area at the time of her death.
2. The video taken from the ATM appears to be Hilton's body type and the way he carries himself. He is also wearing a black knit cap which appears in the video with the Deputy Sheriff.

Not sure how to put this w/o seeming overly graphic, but umm - the similiarities to the final state that the bodies were found in? (Cheryl And Meredith)

Cause of death...

Not sure how to put this w/o seeming overly graphic, but umm - the similiarities to the final state that the bodies were found in? (Cheryl And Meredith)

Cause of death...

decapitation for both women.

I don't think we have found confirmation of that yet tho. I believe it came from an unverified source.

Are you talking about verification on Cheryl's decapitation? That has been confirmed. Check the links from yesterday.

yes, you're right...the article is dated Jan 10th...

News reports have now surfaced saying authorities have confirmed that murder victim Cheryl Dunlap was decapitated.
Residents who live near the national forest say they've heard talk of that since her body was discovered in December.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/13689927.html

yes, you're right...the article is dated Jan 10th...

News reports have now surfaced saying authorities have confirmed that murder victim Cheryl Dunlap was decapitated.
Residents who live near the national forest say they've heard talk of that since her body was discovered in December.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/13689927.html

Can't remember if it was here or another board:)eek:) a source close to the story(not sure if it was a neighbor) said Cheryl was, a while ago....

Can't remember if it was here or another board:)eek:) a source close to the story(not sure if it was a neighbor) said Cheryl was, a while ago....

The hunters that found her told everyone they knew the day they found her. We all knew LOOOOONG before anyone admitted it to the public. The papers would only say he went to great lengths to make it hard to identify the body. There was a huge local stink about law enforcement not being forthcoming with that information. Some people thought it was important that the public knew, others thought it wasn't the business of the public.

Another story about the evidence found in Hilton's van mentions they think they've found evidence that connects Hilton with Cheryl Dunlap.

"We not only recovered things that were helpful to Florida but some other timeline items that also will be helpful to North Carolina,” said Cagle.
Also
The GBI would not confirm which specific items are part of cases in other states. They did say all of the Georgia evidence will now be sent to the state crime lab in Florida.
(italics mine for emphasis)

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15283884/detail.html

I wonder - the feds are now in charge of the Bryant case, but the evidence is being sent to Florida... I don't know enough about procedure to venture a guess as to why. Anybody have an idea? It isn't because we've got no backlog!

I'm wondering if the "things" found include ticket or receipt stubs for parking in a state park or national forest. That's the first think park officials will look for when they see your car. . . whether or not you have a ticket from the honor box or a reciept from the entrance station. Somehow I can see Hilton paying the $3-$5 entrance fee to forego any hassles.

I don't see an IPOD or briefcase on this evidence list (Kesse case) but I might have missed something after getting derailed by a few items that gave me pause ....

item# 76 pink gloves
item# 127 yellow & pink baseball hat
item# 146 ....pink toothbrush

I don't know who owned these items but I know they belonged to someone and it wasn't Hilton.

~

Local investigators went to Georgia today to receive evidence collected from the investigation of drifter Gary Michael Hilton.

Four crime scene personnel with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Leon County Sheriff’s Office will bring the evidence to the FDLE Crime Lab for processing Thursday or Friday.

local investigators have not had an opportunity to interview Hilton.

“Obviously, that would be an ideal situation,” Wood said. “We would love to do that. But historically, and I can only speak to the Georgia case, Mr. Hilton is not amenable to an interview without conditions that he proposes. And we’re not really in a position right now that we feel compelled to offer him any conditions or concede to any of his conditions. We feel really good about the way this case is moving forward.”

more at link
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080213/BREAKINGNEWS/80213016

Investigators served a search warrant Tuesday to take a DNA sample from Hilton, which they will use to compare to evidence that has been or will be processed by the FDLE lab.

Can you believe the nerve of this monster?? "Conditions that he proposes"???

I am so happy that they can move ahead on this case, without needing to make deals with the devil......

Can you believe the nerve of this monster?? "Conditions that he proposes"???
Yah, not only a sociopath, but a narcissist besides. No, I can't believe the nerve... It sounds like there's enough evidence to link him definitively to Cheryl and the Bryants too.

I wonder if they'll find evidence to anybody else that we haven't even heard about yet?

Originally published Feb. 14, 2008
Local officials collect more Hilton evidence

Last week, the two agencies and the State Attorney's Office met with Georgia and North Carolina officials. They agreed to release the evidence to Florida investigators.
FDLE lab personnel will go through the evidence for hair, fibers, DNA, blood and fingerprints, said Maj. Mike Wood, of the Sheriff's Office.
"There's just so much evidence that can be mined out of this entire process," Wood said. "It's almost beyond description. It's a little bit overwhelming, quite frankly, but we're very confident that it's going to be of benefit to us in the Cheryl Dunlap investigation, as well as the Bryants'. It has a serious potential to tie the unknown cases at this juncture."

GMH is obviously terrified by the death penalty and it sounds like he is willing to talk if that is waived. Personally, I would waive it in both the Bryant and Dunlap cases so the families involved can have some closure.

GMH is 61 yo, in poor health, has MS.... the chances he will die a natural death before the mandatory appeal process is exhausted and he is executed are very good.

GMH is in jail and he isn't getting out to kill again..... I'm more interested in doing what is in the best interest of the families of the victims than in what happens with GMH - even if it means GMH gets a break or concessions.

I think all this stuff he collected from his victims would be considered "trophies". As sick as that is .... it's a common thread that serial killers seem to share.

Since there appears to be an enormous amount of it for le to sift through and look for leads I would guess that it will takes months to link other victims to their belongings found in Hilton's possession.

Hopefully by releasing the evidence list, the family members of other missing people will have a chance to look it over and maybe identify an item in their own cases.

The more people that see it, the better....

~

I think all this stuff he collected from his victims would be considered "trophies". As sick as that is .... it's a common thread that serial killers seem to share.

Since there appears to be an enormous amount of it for le to sift through and look for leads I would guess that it will takes months to link other victims to their belongings found in Hilton's possession.

Hopefully by releasing the evidence list, the family members of other missing people will have a chance to look it over and maybe identify an item in their own cases.

The more people that see it, the better....

~

I agree on all counts. With the wide collection of hats esspecially, I think those were his trophies. One was yellow and pink, another was Hawaiian with flowers..definitely not something he would purchase. It is mindboggling when you consider the number of hats..if most are connected to someone else then he had many, many vics over the years.

JMHO

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/15006358/index.html?taf=atl

Do you think this cap he's wearing in the webcam looks like the hat in the Florida ATM security film? If this is a navy hat...just a genearl description I don't see that listed anywhere in the contents of the van. Did I miss it...or do you think he routinely threw away incriminating clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff