Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #4

CW

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Continue on. Remember to respect one anothers opinion EVERYONE has a right to their own opinion.

I posted possible victims on the links only thread, but where do we discuss them? I wanted to hear what every one thought about two elderly sisters killed in NC in 2006. Their throats were slit, and the area was rural.
http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories...732&ran=142214 I know one of his other possiable victims was found not to far from her car as well.

I looked at Gary Hilton's timeline that SQ posted in this forum... These murders could fit into the timeline as far as I can see. Their throats being slit could indicate an earlier stage in his manner of killing the victim and he could have progressed to removing the head of the victims as he got more notches under his belt in his killing spree...

It's possible that he did these murders in my opinion. They should at least be looked at closely...with him as a possible person of interest.

Hank Scorpio wrote on previous, locked thread: "You know I was sitting here thinking about that video of Hilton from the dashcam with the Deputy and one thing was very strange and I dont know if anyone mentioned it.
Where was his dog?
The video is 20 minutes long and I have watched the long version that has been released and there is no sign of a dog. If He had a dog with him it would have come up via conversation with the deputy. Ether he did not have the dog there with him or it was off running in the woods and I would not think he would let a dog run around a hunting zone. Even if it was a well trained dog you would still hear him tell it to sit or stay and surely the deputy would have commented on it.
Just struck me as odd."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hank, I think you make a good point. You would think that most dogs would at the very least stick their nose out to see what was going on, and many would bark in protection of their turf and of their owner. There has been mention of a different dog, a brown and black one, I believe also associated with Hilton.

There is no telling how many different dogs he had and what eventually became of each of them. I would like to know if the deputy in the video noticed a dog with Hilton at the time the video was taken.

Hank, I think you make a good point. You would think that most dogs would at the very least stick their nose out to see what was going on, and many would bark in protection of their turf and of their owner. There has been mention of a different dog, a brown and black one, I believe also associated with Hilton.

There is no telling how many different dogs he had and what eventually became of each of them. I would like to know if the deputy in the video noticed a dog with Hilton at the time the video was taken.

Someone mentioned in the other thread that maybe the dog was in the back of the van but I watched it again and the back door on the van appeared to be open.
I own 2 dogs and the more I watch it the more I begin to think there was not a dog there. IF he did have a dog at the time then it was at another location while he was in the park.....which means his story for being there was totally a lie and he was returning very soon to a place where his dog was waiting for him.
If there was dog in the van the deputy would have definantly asked about it before walking over to the van. I dont know anyone, deputy or not, who doesnt ask about a strange dog before they approach it or its "home."

MeoW333- Ya thats exactly what I am starting to think. Why run the risk of having a dog with you while you are dumping a body. I am a dog person and if I come across a dog and their owner I will ALWAYS look at the dog first. Even a kid or something would be more likely to remember the dog they saw then the random guy.

Hank Scorpio wrote on previous, locked thread: "You know I was sitting here thinking about that video of Hilton from the dashcam with the Deputy and one thing was very strange and I dont know if anyone mentioned it.
Where was his dog?
The video is 20 minutes long and I have watched the long version that has been released and there is no sign of a dog. If He had a dog with him it would have come up via conversation with the deputy. Ether he did not have the dog there with him or it was off running in the woods and I would not think he would let a dog run around a hunting zone. Even if it was a well trained dog you would still hear him tell it to sit or stay and surely the deputy would have commented on it.
Just struck me as odd."

~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a good point.. Did Hilton have Dandy trained to stay stealthy with him, or did he have someone he knew that would dog sit Dandy for him? I've never heard of a criminal bringing their dog on killing sprees before, it's so bizarre.. Hilton seems so concerned about the well being of Dandy; even Ella was spared. I'm thinking maybe Hilton had a "safe place" to keep Dandy when he went on some of his risky trips to dump bodies. In that dashcam vid, he sure is nervous.. Maybe he was coming back from visiting a dumping site of his. They say serial killers like to relive their crimes; Hilton is not a typical one, so i'm not sure if that stands for him, also. Everything about this case is not typical.
I do agree with what someone said (i forget who) that Hilton being homeless had escalated him to spree killing instead of the usual serial killing.

The video is 20 minutes long and I have watched the long version that has been released and there is no sign of a dog.

Are you saying you saw the 20 min video or the 5-6 minute one? If it's the 20 minute one please post the link. I've been searching for that for days.

Are you saying you saw the 20 min video or the 5-6 minute one? If it's the 20 minute one please post the link. I've been searching for that for days.

this is the best link so far, imo, includes a bit of close captioning, shows the caller who leveled the complaint of trespassing arriving on the scene etc but is not the entire tape... the four clips ~ 10-12 mins. I, too, would be interested in seeing the entire clip if anyone has the link.

02 min 17 secs - Police video shows Hilton in October

http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/content/multimedia/video/index.html?clip=55847

04 min 47 sec - Raw Video: Gary Hilton stopped by deputy

03 min 16 secs - Raw Video: Deputy lets Hilton go after brief check

03 min 10 sec - Raw Video: Hilton calls hunters 'crazy'

Wow, LE must have some great evidence. My questions is who's evidence? Was he throwing away his trophies? From the below link:

A man who spotted accused killer Gary Michael Hilton at a DeKalb County gas station last week watched as Hilton threw away several backpacks, a sleeping bag and a purse into a trash bin, according to 911 calls obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/11/911calls0112.html

Backpacks would be from hikers right? John, Irene, Emerson
Purse is Cheryls?

this is the best link so far, imo, includes a bit of close captioning, shows the caller who leveled the complaint of trespassing arriving on the scene etc but is not the entire tape... the four clips ~ 10-12 mins. I, too, would be interested in seeing the entire clip if anyone has the link.

Dang, I was hoping you had the 20 minute one. Maybe soon huh?

Posted by Dee

"Just in case no one posted this, here is Meredith's MySpace page:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=168 655599

Last login: 12/31/2007
Mood: Pissed off...... "

Thank you Dee for posting her myspace. I had asked quite a few posts back if anyone knew if she had one.

Did anyone notice her tag line? How ironic life is sometimes.
Her tag line on myspace was "Hide the crazy...." and that's just what the crazy was doing....hiding, in plain site for years. Just seemed so eery to me.

I'm lurking a good bit and I just have to tell you all that you are doing a fantastic job with putting things together. I think we'll never truly know how many vicitms he had unless he decides to brag.

Wishing her family some kind of peace.....and Ella lots of love

Fly high now Meredith, knowing that the love so many shared for you kept this disappearance from dying...now, at least a few other families may have some sort of closure and no one else will ever be harmed by this twisted evil being. Your suffering was not in vain.

Did any of you notice on the dashcam video when the Cop asks him for identification he got right up close next to the officer and pointed his finger at something and said you see that bag right over there? My ID is in that bag or something like that...it was soooo weird. People don't act like that. And how he was conducting manuevers? Ooook weirdo.

I think Hilton liked to play the crazy card, thinking he could work his way out of trouble with it.

Suspect eyed in string of slayings
Well-known profiler fears that Gary Michael Hilton is 'way out there on the 'Silence of the Lambs' scale.''

By Rhonda Cook, Jeffry Scott
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 01/12/08

Five days after Gary Michael Hilton led investigators into the north Georgia woods to the body of a missing Buford hiker, law enforcement officers in two other states named the vagabond a suspect in three other unsolved deaths.

Hilton, who has been charged with murder and kidnapping in the death of Meredith Emerson, 24, of Buford, is being held in the Dawson County jail. But late Friday, more charges appear to be on the way. Hilton is being investigated in five cases —- two in Georgia, one in North Carolina and two in Florida. Victims in three of the cases were decapitated.

much more at link below

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/01/12/missing0112.html?cxntlid=inform

AMW - Michael Scot Louis may have been his November killing.....

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=51630

very interesting .... Michael Scot Louis was, more than likely, kept alive for several days before he was killed also....

We don't have a base anymore if they can connect him to this one. Which means there are going to be so many murders that could be his that we can't narrow down without a look at the DNA in those cases.

It would mean: His MO changes, the way he leaves them changes, he drove the vehicle back is different, and other things. We NEED to know if his DNA is here. It means that we have NO base at ALL! We can't take basics from killings like they have with Meredith and the recent murders that happened along the trails or near the woods, with the ATM cards being a common factor, and the other connections then find out this guy breaks all those molds including being found in trash bags in water. I am just floored that they even related this one to GMH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back