Barnhill

coloradokares

Reaction score
Joe Barnhill has passed away. To refresh, that was the neighbor across the street that had cared for Jacques while he was still living.

Joe Barnhill has passed away. To refresh, that was the neighbor across the street that had cared for Jacques while he was still living.

--->>>God rest his soul. Anyone remember, did his wife pass some time ago?

coloradokares, when did he pass on, how recent was it? Did the obituary give his age?

The Ramseys made us believe that HE did not see John Ramseys oldest son JAR walk up to their house on Christmas day. 'He was old and mistaken about who HE saw that day'.

Boulder PD dropped the ball on that one OR they never knew there was a real ball or not. imop.

WE never knew OR IF the BPD ever knew, about whether the 'lookalike' that walked up to the door Christmas day had ->

a. Retrieved a key from the hiding place by the front door?
b. Rang the doorbell?
Or
c. Just walked in WHEN someone opened the front door?

I wonder what it says in the BPD investigation report about WHAT Mr. Barnhill saw with his own eyes on Christmas day.

Aww that's sad,but not entirely surprising,he was getting up in age. Camper,Mrs. Barnhill passed several years ago,I can't remember what year though.

No, Littledeer. Jacques passed over several years ago as did Mrs. Barnhill.

May they all rest in peace together now.....

Thanks for the information, RiverRat. Yes, may they all rest in peace and give Patsy hell!

Oh wait, she's not UP THERE, is she??????????? LOL

coloradokares,
Sad, he was another casualty of the Ramsey Bus, from memory JonBenet liked Jacques a lot?

From what I've read, JonBenet was the only one that cared for Jacques. It's obvious that Patsy and John didn't, as it was very convenient for them to send Jacques over to the Barnhills all the time and let them keep the dog after JonBenet's death.

And please, don't anyone tell me they did that cuz it brought too many dear memories of JonBenet and they couldn't handle it.

From what I've read, JonBenet was the only one that cared for Jacques. It's obvious that Patsy and John didn't, as it was very convenient for them to send Jacques over to the Barnhills all the time and let them keep the dog after JonBenet's death.

And please, don't anyone tell me they did that cuz it brought too many dear memories of JonBenet and they couldn't handle it.

PR had passed off care of Jacques to the Barnhills on many occasions; for all practical purposes, he was as much the Barnhill's dog as he was the Rs. I had read that the original Jacques had an unfortunate demise (or maybe he ran away, I forget which) and JBR was never told- this Jacques was a "replacement Jacques". I guess PR used that as an excuse not to be involved with the poor dog, and possibly JBR was too young to know that it wasn't her original dog. PR pulled the old "goldfish switch" with poor JBR's dog.

--->>>God rest his soul. Anyone remember, did his wife pass some time ago?

coloradokares, when did he pass on, how recent was it? Did the obituary give his age?

The Ramseys made us believe that HE did not see John Ramseys oldest son JAR walk up to their house on Christmas day. 'He was old and mistaken about who HE saw that day'.

Boulder PD dropped the ball on that one OR they never knew there was a real ball or not. imop.

WE never knew OR IF the BPD ever knew, about whether the 'lookalike' that walked up to the door Christmas day had ->

a. Retrieved a key from the hiding place by the front door?
b. Rang the doorbell?
Or
c. Just walked in WHEN someone opened the front door?

I wonder what it says in the BPD investigation report about WHAT Mr. Barnhill saw with his own eyes on Christmas day.

I read the news in the Boulder Daily Camera. Let me go see if I can locate it (the article again) . I always have had my suspicion on his spotting JAR. I think he would recognize him. It is one of those things that has always bugged me but they seemed to adequately prove to the satisfaction of LE that JAR was in Atlanta. I dont know. Seems with the money they had they could have privately flown whoever back or to denver or atlanta whatever. Lets say that is one "Just one" one of the details of the case that raises the hair on the back of my neck. There are many others. I will try to refind that article now. Thanks CK

Does anyone know if Jacques is still alive? (dog).

Jacques and Mrs Barnhill are both deceased. I know Jaques outlived Mrs. Barnhill. I remember reading how Jacques was such good campanionship for Joe Barhill after his wifes passing.

Thanks for the information, RiverRat. Yes, may they all rest in peace and give Patsy hell!

Oh wait, she's not UP THERE, is she??????????? LOL

I would not think that they reside near each other, no. Patsy would from what I understand of the Bible reside in a warmer climate. If I dont miss my best guess on that.:eek:

coloradokares,
Sad, he was another casualty of the Ramsey Bus, from memory JonBenet liked Jacques a lot?

Yes that famous bus bumped over alot of people . I think Jacques was loved by JonBenet alot. Even if he was Jacques 2. I know the Barnhills had to be fantastic neigbors to have done all they did for Jacques. I remember the Barnhills on news coverage and they were devestated over JonBenet.

Here is a litte cut copy paste from the on line notice regarding Joe Barnhill.

Joe Barnhill, who took care of JonBenet Ramsey's dog after the 6-year-old girl was found dead in her 755 15th St. home in 1996, died Jan. 5 at age 87.

I cant find the newpaper. Hubby may have discarded it. I was going to scan it for you all but can send you link to the article itself if there is interest in it. Thanks CK

Here is a litte cut copy paste from the on line notice regarding Joe Barnhill.

Joe Barnhill, who took care of JonBenet Ramsey's dog after the 6-year-old girl was found dead in her 755 15th St. home in 1996, died Jan. 5 at age 87.

I cant find the newpaper. Hubby may have discarded it. I was going to scan it for you all but can send you link to the article itself if there is interest in it. Thanks CK

http://dailycamera.com/news/2008/jan...good-neighbor/

This is the link to the article that is online

With some digging I found this link obituary, about Joe Barnhill, lengthy and interesting. Sounds like a great old fellow, who was made to believe his eyes played a trick on him, imop.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008/jan/12/boulder-man-a-good-neighbor/

Lots more information about Mr. Barnhill and his family.

Snip:

"Barnhill, one of 10 children, first came to Boulder from Marthaville, La., in the 1940s for Navy training. During World War II, he was a dive-bomber gunner stationed on the U.S. Bunker Hill aircraft carrier. He endured nine months of combat -- attacking Japanese targets in the Pacific Ocean and twice surviving being downed in the water, according to his family."

IMOP he was taken down by the Ramsey bus, after surviving WWII.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back