MA MA - Deborah Bates, 23, Lowell, 23 Feb 1993

Another pregnant woman. I guess I'll just never understand ..............

This woman has been missing for eleven years? They found a body and a fetus wrapped in a tarp? Tell me the missing date is a typo.

Sound like someone kept the body's in a freezer for 11yrs. And two other bodies show up within two miles of this place within a month? Sounds like the makings of a serial killer.

Sounds to me like someone close to her killed her and kept her around and now thinks that he can deflect suspicion onto someone else.

So he see's the news about these bodies and then takes the opportunity to dump her body in this same area hoping she will be found?

johnny said:
So he see's the news about these bodies and then takes the opportunity to dump her body in this same area hoping she will be found?
It's really not in the same area as the first three. The first two skeletons were found in Marlboro, the third about a mile away from those in Hudson. These recent remains were found in Chelmsford- albeit next to the 495S connector ramp that one would take to GO to Marlboro/Hudson. :) It's only about a 30 min drive though.

Like the officials have said- there is just no way the body could have been there long, certainly not for 11 years. I think her killer was moving and had to dispose of the remains recently. I don't necessarily think he was trying to have the body accepted as another victim of this "serial killer." If he knew enough about those discoveries to try & pass his victim off, he'd have removed the tarp & blankets.

Bump for Deborah.

This is a summary of the case from New England's Unsolved (Boston 25): http://www.fox25boston.com/news/new-englands-unsolved-deborah-bates-missing-and-murdered/522225617

I'm curious whether the moving of the bodies ("But in a shocking twist, it appeared Deborah's body was not buried there for 11 years, but instead had been moved there, shortly before it was found.") might have been an effort to shift them away from a location where they were more likely to be found. As mentioned above, it could have been the killer moving, or the sale of an old family home, or a undeveloped site slated for construction...any number of situations that could increase the likelihood of both finding and the crime being tied to the criminal. After all, it was also risky to pack up the remains and transport them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back