Why now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanner

Reaction score
In september the portugeese police wanted to ask kate and gerry 40 questions, they refused to answer them. Now it is reported in the british press that they would welcome being re interviewed. What has changed since then or will they refuse to answer once more?

Please remember these are the people who have always maintained they will do anything to help the pj. (exept answer the 40 q's that is).

This is a puzzlement to me. If these folks are innocent what is it they could not answer? After all these questions are about their missing 3 year old.

mjak

They would not answer then when it "might" have made a difference and i belive they wont answer those 40 q's now. And just for good measure they employ a top extradition lawyer who represented a notorious general just incase things get messy.

Strange behaviour for people who have nothing to hide.

The comment about welcoming being reinterviewed has Clarence Mitchell all over it.

If they wanted to be reinterviewed or to now answer the 20 (or 40) questions, they would go to Portugal, the place where they lost their daughter! They wouldn't be standing around talking to the Daily Mail or the Express blowing hot air!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Salem

In september the portugeese police wanted to ask kate and gerry 40 questions, they refused to answer them. Now it is reported in the british press that they would welcome being re interviewed. What has changed since then or will they refuse to answer once more?

Please remember these are the people who have always maintained they will do anything to help the pj. (exept answer the 40 q's that is).
They have said they would cooperate and welcome the questions more than once. They have said they would welcome polygraph tests more than once. But then when the police get down to it, they back out.

It's a pattern of behavior, and it's not helping them look innocent.

So in answer to your question of "why" - in my opinion it is a way to stall, and it just isn't honest.

If it were me (or any one else here on the boards) we would be on that plane to Portugal in a heartbeat, but for some reason not these ppl. It is the only way they will help clear their name . The police can leave the file open as long as they like, personally, if I had absolutely nothing to hide I would answer,those 40 or so questions, do whatever it takes in order to get back to being as normal as would be is possible under the circumstances.

They have also said that they are planning a return visit to portugal in april, IMHO i feel this is a smoke screen so they can spin the situation when they are made to go back by the pj.

I know if i had a missing child i would personally walked the length and width of portugal to find them.

Not as soon as i were asked quiestions, hot foot it back to england and form a legal team as never been seen before in this kind of case.
As sure is sure these people have something to hide, If not the dissaperence of there daughter something.
FOR GOD SAKE, come clean Mccanns.

Maybe it took them and their PR team since September to prepare the script for answering the 40 questions. Betcha that NOW they're ready. Count on more finger-pointing, sightings, excuses, blah blah blah.

Maybe it took them and their PR team since September to prepare the script for answering the 40 questions. Betcha that NOW they're ready. Count on more finger-pointing, sightings, excuses, blah blah blah.

Well, that does explain it. thanks, Bandini.

Makes more sense than anything else I could come up with.

They should get their butt's back to Portugal and volunteer to assist the police in any way possible. It ain't gonna happen. They will be dragged back kicking and screaming. Furious, no doubt! Although, apparently they are "beyond angry" now. Perhaps that's how they felt on holiday, when Madeleine's persistent crying disrupted their nights out.

They are going to give every appearance of cooperating while actually doing nothing cooperative in the least.

They say that the PJ are only asking to speak to the friends and not the parents - so why should they go. A thin excuse in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie