Rossana Miliani-Missing From Bryson City, NC-12-07-2005

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
North Carolina investigators looking into Gary Michael Hilton involvement in 2005 hiker disappearance of Rossana Miliani

Bryson City – State investigators are looking into whether Georgia drifter Gary Michael Hilton may have been involved in a woman’s disappearance two years ago in Swain County, authorities said Monday.
Rossana Miliani was last seen on Dec. 7, 2005, in Bryson City. The 26-year-old had told her family she was going hiking.

~Snip~

Private investigator Steve Siske said the clerk told him Miliani came into her store that day with a white man she thought was about 60 years old. They bought a backpack, and Miliani seemed nervous, Siske said the clerk told him on Dec. 13.

~Snip~

He said the clerk remembers the man bought a used suit and said something that also appears connected to the allegations against Hilton.
“He tells her ‘I am a traveling preacher. I go from campground to campground,’” Siske said.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080115/NEWS01/80114093

From what I have read, Rosanna's bank card does not appear to have been used since the last time she herself was known to use it. If Hilton is involved with her disappearance, he either didn't use it, or the financial aspect of his crimes is a new layer he has added. I truly feel the use of the ATM cards is a new phenomenon for him, and the primary reason for killing is simply that - killing.

Yes, but according to the clerk in Bryson City...the article I posted above...this 60yo man was with her and they made purchases together. She had also used her ATM directly before she went missing.

From what I have read, Rosanna's bank card does not appear to have been used since the last time she herself was known to use it. If Hilton is involved with her disappearance, he either didn't use it, or the financial aspect of his crimes is a new layer he has added. I truly feel the use of the ATM cards is a new phenomenon for him, and the primary reason for killing is simply that - killing.

I agree with that. He is a thrill killer, and when in need of money only took the atm cards at those times.

From the Charley Project a deposit was made into her acct. 12-31...

Miliani had a large light beige suitcase with a broken handle, a matching carry-on bag, a laptop computer, a sleeping bag, a camera, a cellular phone and some other personal items with her when she was last seen; none of these have been recovered. She has not withdrawn any money from her bank account since she went missing, although some funds were deposited there on December 31.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/miliani_rossana.html

From the Charley Project a deposit was made into her acct. 12-31...

Miliani had a large light beige suitcase with a broken handle, a matching carry-on bag, a laptop computer, a sleeping bag, a camera, a cellular phone and some other personal items with her when she was last seen; none of these have been recovered. She has not withdrawn any money from her bank account since she went missing, although some funds were deposited there on December 31.

From the above article at Charleyproject:

"Miliani had a large light beige suitcase with a broken handle, a matching carry-on bag, a laptop computer, a sleeping bag, a camera, a cellular phone and some other personal items with her when she was last seen; none of these have been recovered."

Didn't someone say it was possible Hilton had used a computer to post at hiker's blogs? We assumed it would have been at a library. Maybe he had his own computer. He could have easily just gone to a coffee shop and used her computer.

Same link:

Miliani was last seen at approximately 12:00 p.m. at the Ramada Inn hotel in the vicinity of the 100 block of Painttown Road in Cherokee, North Carolina. She is from Miami, Florida and was vacationing in North Carolina at the time; she spoke of plans to hike the Appalachian Trail. Miliani called her father from the hotel that day. She also sighted in Bryson City, North Carolina, the day of her disappearance; she rented a storage space at Ye Olde Mini Storage on River Street. Miliani has not been seen since.

Why would someone on vacation need a storage space? I assume the authorities have already looked in it, otherwise I would think maybe Hilton's other van could be in there.

The man that's described being with Rosanna Miliani sure sounds like Hilton to me!

Whoever the guy was, he said he was a traveling preacher, that went from campsite to campsite!

I think we will learn that it was indeed Gary Hilton, as this would be just another manipulative ploy he played out!!!

The man that's described being with Rosanna Miliani sure sounds like Hilton to me!

Whoever the guy was, he said he was a traveling preacher, that went from campsite to campsite!

I think we will learn that it was indeed Gary Hilton, as this would be just another manipulative ploy he played out!!!

Where did it say he said he was a travelling preacher? I didn't read that anywhere, but I do remember someone wrote in a hiker blog that a creepy guy picked them up and he said he was a preacher. I'd like to compare the stories if you know which link your info came from.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15053734/detail.html

A spokeswoman with the State Bureau of Investigation confirmed Monday that agents are "considering the possibility of a connection," but declined further comment.

she seems to have suffered from mental illness. we also know that hilton was on and off of meds, would it be possible they came across one another at an outpatient clinic somewhere?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back