Brad Renfro from the client is dead at 25

imthemom

Reaction score
Brad Renfro was found dead in his appartment today.

http://www.tmz.com/

Jonathan Brandis died at age 27 of suicide in 2003. This is another child star I really loved as a young girl. It is so sad that they grow up and can't handle it. I fear Brittney or Lindsey Lo will be next. I hope I am wrong but Hollywood has a reputation now.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/21/obit.brandis.ap/

So sad, I hope they can rest in peace.

And so Hollywood swallows another lost soul. May he rest in peace from the demons of addiction.
I agree with you on the demons of addiction, not so sure about it being Hollywoods fault though-:blowkiss:

I agree with you on the demons of addiction, not so sure about it being Hollywoods fault though-:blowkiss:

:blowkiss: Hollywood eats our young with a smile on its face, but I don't expect much from an industry that lives in a city named after lost angels. I don't "blame" Hollywood - I expect there will always be shiny, glittery places on planet earth where talented people go to burn into ash.

I loved Brad Renfro in Sleepers, Bully, Apt Pupil - never saw The Client and should probably check it out. He was a terrific young actor.

How very sad. He was his parents' only child, too. Prayers for them.

This is sad. I read this on dlisted.com (satirical gossip site) and thought it was a joke. He was great in Bully. Based off of a true story too.

This is tragic, as are all young deaths, but in my opinion how can any one place be blamed for it. We have drug problems all over the U.S. and many parts of the world.

He was one of my favorite actors when I was younger. He'd had drug problems for so long. I kept hoping he'd straighten out. I was really upset when I found out.

Well, this is a double shame--sad to hear about Brandis, he was a funny kid in the Rodney Dangerfield soccer comedy Ladybugs--wonder why he killed himself?--Renfro was in trouble down here in Florida some years ago, accused of trying to steal a yacht or something---hopefully, we;ll find out more details about these two tragic deaths

Well, this is a double shame--sad to hear about Brandis, he was a funny kid in the Rodney Dangerfield soccer comedy Ladybugs--wonder why he killed himself?--Renfro was in trouble down here in Florida some years ago, accused of trying to steal a yacht or something---hopefully, we;ll find out more details about these two tragic deaths

Peter, I'm of the opinion that he probably overdosed accidentally and didn't consciously set out to commit suicide. He has struggled with drug addiction since his early teens. But I guess we will find out more later.

I remember the boat-stealing incident too.

Peter, I'm of the opinion that he probably overdosed accidentally and didn't consciously set out to commit suicide. He has struggled with drug addiction since his early teens. But I guess we will find out more later.

I remember that story too. If I am not mistaken, he tried to steal the yacht while high on drugs. The only problem was he forgot to untie it from the dock!

Completely agree. I'm sure it will be ruled an accidental overdose. Very tragic. I really liked his movies. The Client is one of my favs - I just fell in love with his character. Must be the mother in me. ;)

I hope he's finally at peace.

Yes! It's a powerful true crime story - and one of the few that really came alive with the actors who portrayed in on screen.

Yeah they picked a good cast for sure. And the movie follows the book almost to the "T." Thats rare!

Brad's last tattoo:

Brad Renfro died this week at the age of 25. The L.A. County Coroner tells TMZ Brad had a freshly inked tattoo across his back, that read, "F*CK ALL Y'ALL (asterisk added). Possibly a clue to Brad's dark mood in the final days.

Renfro got the tattoo on Sunday. His body was found Tuesday.
http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/18/brad-renfro-the-last-tattoo/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back