IL - Man Abducts Girl From School In Centreville

Karanjeff

Reaction score
This has just hit the news here in the St. Louis Metro!

He walked right in and took her to some dumpsters and tried to sexually assault her! Thank God someone from a neighboring house started to yell and the criminal took offthrough the neighborhood. :eek:

:clap: Luckily police caught him on down the road.:woohoo:

SCARY! They are trying to figure out how he got in past everyone and could just walk out with her.

http://www.myfoxstl.com/myfox/pages...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Did that happen in Centreville, IL or Missouri? Sorry, I'm confused!

The jerk is already wearing an ankle bracelet and he's 20 yrs old. There's no reason his name shouldn't have been released! :mad:

Oh, thank you, Karanjeff. I was trying to get a map, but my pc is so slow! lol So he might be an RSO from MO or IL, right?

Sheesh, they have 58 RSO's in Centreville's zip code. :(

See, just how much of a chance these guys will take to hurt a child? Can't even send our children to school without worrying someone will just come in and abduct them. So sad.

I don't understand how he just grabs an 8 yr old and nobody does anything IN the school. Didn't she scream? Maybe he had her mouth covered? Where was an adult?! Nobody was in the classroom or whatever room she was in?

Oh darn that title scared me a bit, a friend of mine is a teacher in/at Centreville Ohio. Duplicate names should be outlawed, lol.

This is some crazy stuff here.... How the heck could this have happened?? And why wasn't this locked up in the first place... a lot of good an ankle monitor does... once again the offenders have more rights, priviledges and freedom than the innocent! It's an outrage!! :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Thank goodness that neighbor was there and did something. If it wasn't for people like him, I'd go paranoid for real.

Investigators sorting out details of abduction attempt at Metro-East school

[SIZE=-1]01:30 PM CST on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
Watch News 4 coverage

(KMOV) -- An 8-year-old girl is back with her family after she was taken from her school Tuesday afternoon.
The child was taken from the Lalumier School in the 6700 block of Bond Avenue in East St. Louis on Tuesday afternoon.
The suspect was wearing a home monitoring ankle device at the time of the attempted abduction.
Police say a man in his twenties walked into an unlocked side entrance to the school at around 2:50 p.m.
He apparently saw the little girl at the water fountain in a hallway and told her that a teacher needed to see her and told her to come with him.
The suspect proceeded to take the girl out of the school and allegedly attempted to assault her behind some dumpsters near the school.
A neighbor living in an apartment behind the school saw the man on top of the little girl and yelled at him to stop.
The suspect was reportedly scared off, but was caught a short time later
Police now have the man in custody, but he has not yet been charged with any crimes.
Charges will not be filed until investigators can talk to the 8-year-old girl; she was too traumatized to talk with officials yesterday.
After talking with the child, investigators will interview the suspect.
Charges are expected late Thursday afternoon.

When a News 4 crew went to this school around 7:15 a.m. before school had officially started, the side door was still unlocked and easily accessible.

Even though classes at the school don’t start until 9:15 a.m., the school opens for tutoring at 8:00 a.m. Several students and teachers were at the school when our crews arrived.

A few hours later, the school began changing the locks on the doors to make the campus safer.

I don't understand how he just grabs an 8 yr old and nobody does anything IN the school. Didn't she scream? Maybe he had her mouth covered? Where was an adult?! Nobody was in the classroom or whatever room she was in?

We drove by a grade school today and I watched 2 little girls walk all the way from the playground....across a parking lot and into a side door of the school without supervision. Next to a busy street. I told my grandma that those 2 girls could have been easily snatched up and now this story comes out!
My God, it is so easy to take off with a child. Parents and teachers seem to not understand this!
These little girls could have been NO OLDER than 6. I wonder what the parents would think if they had seen their children walking alone next to a road during school hours.

That guy's monitor should have gone off as soon as he was a step beyond where he was supposed to be. Off course it depends on who is supposed to be supervising the person with the monitor. I know a guy who was on house arrest for a year and he was never at home. He would lie to his supervisor and run around all day. She didn't care as long as she got her monthly payment from him! Monitors are a bunch of bs.

Thank God for people who will get involved. If it hadn't been for the neighbor that little girl would have been raped. I wonder if the 20 yr old was a registered sex offender? Our lawmakers need to take a look at how monitors are not working and why these creeps should remain locked up. Sometimes it just seems like they don't care as long as it isn't one of their kids who end up getting raped or murdered.

We drove by a grade school today and I watched 2 little girls walk all the way from the playground....across a parking lot and into a side door of the school without supervision. Next to a busy street. I told my grandma that those 2 girls could have been easily snatched up and now this story comes out!
My God, it is so easy to take off with a child. Parents and teachers seem to not understand this!
These little girls could have been NO OLDER than 6. I wonder what the parents would think if they had seen their children walking alone next to a road during school hours.

Pixies, I see this and more every single day. I doubt the parents are concerned that these two little girls were walking near a highway. Unfortunately it's people like you, and I and our dear ones on WS that are the overprotective, neurotics. Some people just go with it and hope for the best and don't worry about it. EDIT to say I don't think we are neurotic or overprotective. Just using some of the names I get called.

Pixies, I see this and more every single day. I doubt the parents are concerned that these two little girls were walking near a highway. Unfortunately it's people like you, and I and our dear ones on WS that are the overprotective, neurotics. Some people just go with it and hope for the best and don't worry about it. EDIT to say I don't think we are neurotic or overprotective. Just using some of the names I get called.

Oh Filly, this post is so spot-on! I seriously wonder about some parent's actions. I'll tell you something that's happening in my own neighborhood, with kids that are our DD's playmates, and let me tell you, I worry about them! First the situation here: we live on a corner, and the schoolbus stop is by our house. Kids wait in our yard basically. When the bus moves on, it stops at another corner to load. Both of these stops I can see from inside the house.

'Our' stop. One girl always gets there really early. She lives down the road and I am pretty certain her mom is not standing outside to watch her. She's SIX (6) years old, in 1st grade. She stands there at the crossroads by our electric pole BY HERSELF. Now this is a neighborhood, but the street the bus drives on is a through street... not continuous traffic but still enough (depending on how many people use it for a short cut that day), and the road 'T-bones' the feeder road to the freeway!

Next stop. Nine year old boy in 3rd grade. He lives catty-corner from us. Walks from our stop to the next because his buddies wait there. Then the three of them wait there. Yesterday I watched his mom drop him off at that stop from her car and then drive off. Now I know that the other two boys there are being watched from a distance, but still. She does that more often but so far I only had a hunch that she did that.

So I run from the front windows to watch girl, to the back to watch boy, and back! Meanwhile tripping over my daughter who never waits at a bus stop because she isn't finished until she sees the bus coming and runs out then. But that's a different rant, lol.

People tell me I worry too much about this. I think they're the ones who are nuts. Either way, I'd much rather err on the safe side and I honestly cannot believe parents who don't!

JE, I'm right there with you. Imagine if God forbid someone grabbed up one of them kids. Somebody wouldn't notice I bet until they are marked asbsent. Even then some schools don't check back with parents. That was my worst fear in the world that something would happen to my child. Yeah, maybe we do worry. Like you said better safe than sorry. Perhaps it is because we know how in the blink of an eye we can be hurt? In my case I don't think being raised by a cop had anything to do with it either. You're a kind, and compassionate person JE. Them kids need somebody to look out for them.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I was thinking the same thing!

JE, I'm right there with you. Imagine if God forbid someone grabbed up one of them kids. Somebody wouldn't notice I bet until they are marked asbsent. Even then some schools don't check back with parents. That was my worst fear in the world that something would happen to my child. Yeah, maybe we do worry. Like you said better safe than sorry. Perhaps it is because we know how in the blink of an eye we can be hurt? In my case I don't think being raised by a cop had anything to do with it either. You're a kind, and compassionate person JE. Them kids need somebody to look out for them.

Was I reading all that wrong? This little girl was coerced out of school as the creep told her a teacher wanted her outside? She had been getting a drink at the water fountain and he was in the school and told her to go outside. THEN after the man who scared the guy off helped her she RAN HOME? This little girl didn't go back in school, but ran home? That dude could have then grabbed her again and no doubt we would have a missing child out there. I was reading this wrong. I thought school sent her home. Meanwhile the suspect is 20 years old and was a juvi when he commited his offense.

What does this tell us? He was on the registry, he was wearing his ankle bracelet. It didn't do a bit of good when the urge hit him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back