Timelines

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Compiled by LITTLEDEER

My recap of presser is long: Skip over if not interested.

This is what I have from my hastily written notes during the press conference. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE NOT FACTS. Only what I scribbled and I am not PERFECT. Question marks are because I did not hear specifically and will not make a guess on what was said.
If there is anything GLARING WRONG, PLEASE PLEASE CORRECT!!! Also, add what I didn't catch!
This looks real nice here in my WordPad, but it will probably come out all scrambled once I copy to WS. so sorry!!!!

March 26 and April 11: Two Sexual Assaults (I have 5/26 written down as the second date?) The first ones are from a poster.

May 11: Chief Officer notified...Went to UAA (Forgot what this acronym stands for)

Date (?): Medical Exam done on Maria
No Rape Kit
Pregnancy Test: Negative

May 11: Rape Investigation Opened

May 12: WMPO Written: Leauran to have no contact with Maria: 1,000 feet away
Maria Reassigned Across Base
Supposedly still interact daily: But no signs of force or threats known or seen

May 18: Cesar Denies Rape Allegation

May 24: 2nd WMPO Written

May 18 to June 24: Maria on Leave in Ohio
Comes back on base June 25th: Exhibits no sign of anxiety, etc.

June 25: 3rd WMPO Written: Effective until 9/24

June 27: Maria seeks Medical Test, Tests positive for pregnancy. Estimated time of conception 5/14/07

July 11 to July 26 - Cesar on Leave
Comes back on base: No indication of contact between him and Maria

September 17 (?) Maria request off base housing

September 20: 4th WMPO Written: Effective until 12/23

Officers (NCIS, JAG) ? developing Case

September 26 to October 2 - Maria on Leave

October 18: Maria told DNA needed from baby

October 22: New Services for Prosecutor to review
Article 22: Can have witnesses, questions, etc.

October 23: ?????

October 31: Maria's request to move off base approved

November 5: Maria moves: Rent's from Durham

November 4 to November 13: Leave - LA? Possibly talking about Durham????

November 26: Maria shows for Doctor's Appointment

December 14: Cesar reports to duty (Not at x-mas party) Not mandatory to show
Durham finds note from Maria: I'm going away.......finds items missing (clothes, personal items, and car)
Durham calls Maria's sister and also talks to Maria's mother
Supposedly Command is not notified until December 27 (about what??)

December 18: Maria's mother notified

December 19: LE in Ohio contact Military and Sheriff's Office about Maria being Missing

December 20: Durham notifies Commander he is leaving on December 27 to CA for duty

December 21: Holiday on Base (?)

December 24: $400 withdrawn from Maria's account (some heard $700)

December 26: Maria doesn't show for Doctor's Appointment

December 27: Base calls Mom: She states no contact with Maria

December 28: Maria's belongings are taken from Durhams Home

January 2: ????

January 3: Inventory taken of Maria's belongings and reinventoried

January 4: Marines request 10 day letter (?) Want additional information from Mother when Maria called her

January 7: Maria's Mother and Uncle show up on Base: 1st indication of Foul Play by Marines

January 8: 5th WMPO written: Effective until March 28, 2008

January 9: Laurean @ Sheriff's Office with Attorneys (?): No Miranda Rights given
On phone with Commanding Officer (?) possibly Laurean requesting leave which was approved

January 10: Laurean calls for leave: To meet with attorneys - Approved
Asks for leave for January 11 to meet with Attorneys: Approved: To call In on Friday in AM

January 11: Laurean doesn't call in. Fails to report to Work. Reported UA

I got this from the LeJeune presser timeline (thanks again, Close)

"On Friday, December 14, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach reported to work as normal. The work day ended at 12 noon as the command was having a Christmas party. Attendance was not mandatory and LCpl Lauterbach elected not to attend. ...

. . . when Sgt Durham arrives home from work, he finds a note left for him by LCpl Lauterbach stating, “I could not take this Marine Corps life anymore. So I am going away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Maria.” Sgt Durham notices that some of her personal items are missing. She does not leave the house key behind. Sgt Durham calls LCpl Lauterbach’s sister concerning the note. Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA.”

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauterbach_38149___article.html/lcpl_cpl.html

* Since the work day ended at 12, I wonder what time Durham got home and read the note? IOW, how much time elapsed between the time Maria left work and Durham found the note she supposedly wrote?

* Does anyone know what the sister supposedly said?

* Maria had just moved into the house with Durham on 11/05 ...... and by 12/14 Durham knows enough about her "personal items" to know some of them are missing?

* Why did Durham give official "UA" notice via text message within such a short time of reading the note? I mean, wouldnt most people be more likely to wait a day or so to see whether she would call or change her mind come back? Why get her in trouble on 12/14 when she wasn't due back on base until Monday 12/17? Is this the way Marines normally treat each other?

I got this from the LeJeune presser timeline (thanks again, Close)

"On Friday, December 14, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach reported to work as normal. The work day ended at 12 noon as the command was having a Christmas party. Attendance was not mandatory and LCpl Lauterbach elected not to attend. ...

. . . when Sgt Durham arrives home from work, he finds a note left for him by LCpl Lauterbach stating, “I could not take this Marine Corps life anymore. So I am going away. Sorry for the inconvenience. Maria.” Sgt Durham notices that some of her personal items are missing. She does not leave the house key behind. Sgt Durham calls LCpl Lauterbach’s sister concerning the note. Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA.”

http://www.newbernsj.com/news/lauterbach_38149___article.html/lcpl_cpl.html

* Since the work day ended at 12, I wonder what time Durham got home and read the note? IOW, how much time elapsed between the time Maria left work and Durham found the note she supposedly wrote?

* Does anyone know what the sister supposedly said?

* Maria had just moved into the house with Durham on 11/05 ...... and by 12/14 Durham knows enough about her "personal items" to know some of them are missing?

i guess maybe after reading the note, he started looking around...might have noticed her toiletries gone (shampoo, make-up, deodorant etc...) .... checked the closet/drawers & clothes were gone....that's how i picture it anyway.....

but WAIT!!....ok, Durham said Maria didn't leave the house key there....SO, is it possible that Cesar DID go into the home on the 14th, throw some things together in a bag, write a fake note from Maria?????....gosh, if she got off at noon, he'd been a busy boy if this is the case.....

nawww, i still tend to think that she purchased the bus ticket the next day (the 15th).....course that would mean she'd have stayed somewhere the night of the 14th....i'm surprised that if this is the case, no one's come out to say she stayed at their hotel/motel.......

LOL, i'm going in circles....

i guess maybe after reading the note, he started looking around...might have noticed her toiletries gone (shampoo, make-up, deodorant etc...) .... checked the closet/drawers & clothes were gone....that's how i picture it anyway.....

It's true we can fill in the gaps using our imagining all sorts of reasonable scenarios, but is that the way marines usually treat each other?

I mean, a "UA" is a serious thing, isn't it?
Why would he do a text message tattle so precipitously?

That note was extremely flimsy on details. It wouldnt convince me that someone wasn't actually coming back.
She could have been going to a hotel for the weekend.

If someone is planning to go away for good, thery would have taken more than some toiletries ...... and how would he know what she usually kept in her drawers? Something isnt adding up about Durham.

It's true we can fill in the gaps using our imagining all sorts of reasonable scenarios, but is that the way marines usually treat each other?

That note was extremely flimsy on details. It wouldnt convince me that someone wasn't actually coming back.

i have no idea, Seven.....i just tend to think that when it all comes down, marines are human beings too.....maybe since the letter stated that she was tired of/couldn't handle marine life anymore, he just assumed???....i really don't know....maybe it's common to do lots of texting???:waitasec: ....lol, one WOULD think he'd deliver this kind of info in person to one of Maria's superiors....not sure why he text'd the sister instead of simply calling her....maybe she didn't answer the phone....i must assume that Durham knew the sister was a person to notify if there was a problem with Maria....

i just don't know...

If someone is planning to go away for good, thery would have taken more than some toiletries ...... and how would he know what she usually kept in her drawers? Something isnt adding up about Durham.

hmmmm, well if i was packing up to leave (like for a very long stay, or forever) there would be some empty drawers & big gap in my closet where clothes hang....my sock & underwear drawer would be left to nothing.....

just speculating....i'm curious about Sgt Durham also, though...

Just want to catch you before this turns into a posting area. It should only be for timelines.

Please put over at the Missing 8 mos. Pregnant thread or at Christina's Impossible Involvement Thread.

Or start a thread Titled Timelines: For Discussion

i have no idea, Seven.....i just tend to think that when it all comes down, marines are human beings too.....maybe since the letter stated that she was tired of/couldn't handle marine life anymore, he just assumed???....i really don't know....maybe it's common to do lots of texting???:waitasec: ....lol, one WOULD think he'd deliver this kind of info in person to one of Maria's superiors....not sure why he text'd the sister instead of simply calling her....maybe she didn't answer the phone....i must assume that Durham knew the sister was a person to notify if there was a problem with Maria....

i just don't know...

That's okay, CE ....... I was just testing to see if I could find any holes in the explanation.

I wasn't talking about texting the sister. I was talking about this line: "Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA."

As soon as he got through talking on the phone to first the sister and then the mother, he sent a text message to Maria's workplace, telling them he BELIEVED she was leaving in an unauthorized manner.

Wouldn't most people have given it a few hours or maybe even the weekend before making such a serious notification of an illegal activity that had not even occurred yet? She was not going to be "UA" until Monday, 12/17 .... and Durham knew that.

anyway .... sun coming up .... gotta catch a few winks.

This one's got me spinning.

If you will go look at other forums and notice the timeline threads are there for a reason. It is to compile them for future reference. If they are mixed in with a bunch of posts...it takes too long...which is the VERY reason we have timeline no discussion threads! CONVENIENCE!

If you will go look at other forums and notice the timeline threads are there for a reason. It is to compile them for future reference. If they are mixed in with a bunch of posts...it takes too long...which is the VERY reason we have timeline no discussion threads! CONVENIENCE!

i started a thread for "no discussion" timeline :)

That's okay, CE ....... I was just testing to see if I could find any holes in the explanation.

I wasn't talking about texting the sister. I was talking about this line: "Shortly after this conversation, LCpl Lauterbach’s Mother calls Sgt Durham. Sgt Durham text messages a junior member of LCpl Lauterbach’s work section indicating his belief she was going into an Unauthorized Absence status, commonly referred to as “going UA."

As soon as he got through talking on the phone to first the sister and then the mother, he sent a text message to Maria's workplace, telling them he BELIEVED she was leaving in an unauthorized manner.

Wouldn't most people have given it a few hours or maybe even the weekend before making such a serious notification of an illegal activity that had not even occurred yet? She was not going to be "UA" until Monday, 12/17 .... and Durham knew that.
anyway .... sun coming up .... gotta catch a few winks.

This one's got me spinning.

good point, Seven.....

spinning here also.....

:banghead:

LOL, I think it's great that we have a thread for discussing timeline issues and a static timeline thread for reference.

There's just so much information to cover in the timeline. One thing I've noticed is that although the dates seem solid, the spin put on them by the Corps feels totally like CYA. Everything is prefaced by ... we didn't know until blah blah blah ... sounds like they were sticking their fingers in their ears going lalalalalalala to not know a bunch of this stuff.

Not a bad thing at all, Golfmom! : ) Just a matter of respecting people who put timelines together for the purpose of quick reference is all, imo. I moved Little Deer's over to the new thread. She seemed concerned it would be lost in the shuffle as was I. It is much easier to go back to fact find much like the media threads.

Thanks for starting a Timeline No Discussion thread, Close. : )

Not a bad thing at all, Golfmom! : ) Just a matter of respecting people who put timelines together for the purpose of quick reference is all, imo. I moved Little Deer's over to the new thread. She seemed concerned it would be lost in the shuffle as was I. It is much easier to go back to fact find much like the media threads.

I didn't want it to get lost either. She obviously put a lot of time and effort and did a great job pulling that info together for us.

Personally, I hate long discussion threads. I'd rather have all important information nice and neat in clearly marked topic threads.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back