NJ NJ - West Deptford, Delaware River, WhtMale 23-39, UP1626, Philly Inq'r stock market pages, Apr'86

ohwell1971

Glorious Minds Think Alike
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new here. I've been lurking around on these forums for about a week and I am thrilled with what I have seen. For awhile now, I've been checking out NJ's missing/unidentified after remembering that in 1986 a UID had floated up to the docks where I work - I"ve been interested in trying to get him ID'd

Link is:
http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_glouces_u195346465.html

I started looking through all of the local states missing persons pictures, then moved to Doe & NCMA and looked at other states as well. I'm thinking maybe a fresh set of eyes might help. Or even thoughts or questions.

I haven't gone as far as contacting anyone, because honestly, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that. I'm good at legwork and internet work, but when it comes to talking to people in the flesh or phone - I'm horrible.

To me it looked like the guy may have been homeless, as it seems that he had an awful lot of clothes on and different colored socks - that sounds horrible to say, so forgive me if I come across as not politically correct.

The other thought I had was that he may have actually worked on one of the ships that comes down the river, or maybe a dockworker. Many of the ships that come down this river have international workers. I'm thinking I may have to look internationally to see if someone reported him missing. In this report, they don't say when they think he died or what he died from.

West Deptford is on the Delaware River and Philadelphia is right across from the refinery.

Sorry about the long post, I guess what I'm hoping for is someone to give me ideas. I would really like to give this guy a name as he has been "in my thoughts" for quite a few years.

Thanks

Welcome Ohwell!! I think we all have a pet case we think about alot.

I agree with your comment of him possibly being homeless. I wonder if his beard was well-trimmed or shaggy? I wonder what the tablets in the aluminim foil were?

As you said there's no mention of a cause of death or estimated date of death, but it lists an eye color so obviously he hadn't been there a long time.

There are some great thinkers and lookers on this site - I'm sure they'll get to work on him! Glad you joined us!

3/4 length military, fatigue-type, heavy-duty jacket with black liner - the button snaps on the coat have the logo, "Refrig Wear". Do you know if there was a packing house or a cold storage place near by? He could have been dressed like that because he worked in some place cold. I know guys that work in cold storage places around here and they wear several layers of clothing. The logo on the snaps made me think of it. Also even if he was a homeless person that time of year isn't that cold so I wouldn't think he'd be wearing that many clothes. Did you actually see this man yourself?

I see no one has posted to this thread since 2-11-2008 but I thought I would bump it up as I have submitted a file on this person. I did so several weeks ago but it seems no one is interested in the 'old' cases and I have not heard if there is resolution to this case. Anyway I am including the file here as I am looking for the missing person, Mark David Zeichner. If anyone wants to comment on the file or thinks there is a better match, please jump right in. Also would like feed back on submissions. Do any of you have a problem being heard on the old cases? Thanks

Attachments

• MarkDavidZeichner-UIDMale.pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 21
Sometimes they are not a high priority. You can just keep trying. Who did you contact? Have you considered trying the other jurisdiction?

Sometimes they are not a high priority. You can just keep trying. Who did you contact? Have you considered trying the other jurisdiction?

Hi mae,
I tried both - twice because one agency didn't even want to take the info and the other said they would check out the site and did not provide me with an email address. Should I move this file to the "submitted" section, or leave it here?
Thanks

This looks like a good match, wonder if it has been submitted?

It does except for the chipped tooth that is not mentioned on the UIDmale. I have been trying to find Zeichner for a long time and waiting on an answer. Should I move this to submited for input?

I see no one has posted to this thread since 2-11-2008 but I thought I would bump it up as I have submitted a file on this person. I did so several weeks ago but it seems no one is interested in the 'old' cases and I have not heard if there is resolution to this case. Anyway I am including the file here as I am looking for the missing person, Mark David Zeichner. If anyone wants to comment on the file or thinks there is a better match, please jump right in. Also would like feed back on submissions. Do any of you have a problem being heard on the old cases? Thanks

This also looks like good one, hopefully we get some answers soon!

It does except for the chipped tooth that is not mentioned on the UIDmale. I have been trying to find Zeichner for a long time and waiting on an answer. Should I move this to submited for input?

I think so

I have this in another thread but am moving it here so you great sleuthers can give some opinions on the possible match. I submitted this weeks ago and have not heard anything on the case. As you can see, on the missing person, there is a contact number for California. They do not want to deal with it and won't take the info so i submitted it to other agencies (NY, NJ) as there is no credible evidence Mark was ever in California.
Please feel free to give your thoughts on a possible match. I have been looking for Mark Zeichner for a very long time. If any of you have other suggestions please feel free to post if you are interested.
Thanks

Attachments

• MarkDavidZeichner-UIDMale.pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 109
I think that match definitely looks like a possibility- height, age, weight, etc all are similar and they look a lot alike IMO.
I don't see any references to CA in the PDF though- did you link to the wrong file? The UID man in the link was found in NJ.

Hello Mensch-

While I can think of several UID's who fit this description, it will take me a little time to find them all, but at the very least I did find an article which has another picture of Mr. Zeichner.

Here is the link.
http://books.google.com/books?id=Ye...AEwBg#v=onepage&q=mark david zeichner&f=false
Hi Snufamonbobbal,
Thanks for posting the link. I have that one and I can find nothing else on the web. Thank you for looking.
Please keep him in mind when searching?
This is one of three that are very personal searches.
Keep up the work here. You have a gift for this research.
**edited because the link now works for me.

I think that match definitely looks like a possibility- height, age, weight, etc all are similar and they look a lot alike IMO.
I don't see any references to CA in the PDF though- did you link to the wrong file? The UID man in the link was found in NJ.
No, I copied and pasted from the web and made a pdf file. Online, there is a California contact number for Mark Zeichner and it is not good, at least that is what CA LE is saying, so I left it off. The UID was found in NJ.
Zeichner lived in Queens, and was last seen in Teaneck, NJ.
I submitted based on many things. Yes, the location of both. But noticed the head features. The sketch of the UID shows thick hair which matches Marks. The fore head and hairlilne and nose appear te same or very close. Other features and the fact the UID may have been a transient or homeless. I am curious about the pills found on the UID.

I have this in another thread but am moving it here so you great sleuthers can give some opinions on the possible match. I submitted this weeks ago and have not heard anything on the case. As you can see, on the missing person, there is a contact number for California. They do not want to deal with it and won't take the info so I submitted it to other agencies (NY, NJ) as there is no credible evidence Mark was ever in California.
Please feel free to give your thoughts on a possible match. I have been looking for Mark Zeichner for a very long time. If any of you have other suggestions please feel free to post if you are interested.
Thanks
Contact at Teaneck, NJ police department reports today that Mark David Zeichner's fingerprints were compared with that of the UID (also NJ) and that they do not match.
Mark David Zeichner is ruled out as the UID for anyone who is interested.

Nice try, mensch...don't give up & I'll try to keep him in mind when doing searches.

Nice try, mensch...don't give up & I'll try to keep him in mind when doing searches.
Thank you kitbits,
I never give up! I think we search from different angles or with specific priorities here, meaning some are starting from a UID and trying to find out 'who' that person is. My focus is on the missing, and researching their life from the time they went missing. I am searching for Zeichner and several other cases for personal reasons I appreciate any sugestions or leads. Either way both the missing and the UID even if no matched gets attention.

Quite right, Mensch! We definitely meet in the middle a lot here, and it always helps to have extra eyes & thoughts. It's for the good of all :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back