'No crime' seen in man nailing himself to cross

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
HARTLAND - Somerset County Sheriff Barry DeLong said Monday that no charges will be filed against a Hartland man who nailed himself to a cross last Thursday evening."There is no crime here," said DeLong.

The 23-year-old man apparently was attempting to commit suicide. Police said he appeared delusional and told them he had been "seeing pictures of God on the computer." He told them he had not seen the movie "The Passion of the Christ," which violently depicts the Crucifixion of Jesus.

Somerset County Lt. Pierre Boucher said the man took two pieces of wood, nailed them together in the form of a cross and placed them on his living-room floor. He attached a note saying "suicide" to the wood and then proceeded to nail one of his hands to the makeshift cross using a 14-penny nail and a hammer.

"When he realized that he was unable to nail his other hand to the board, he called 911," said Boucher. It was unclear whether the man was seeking assistance for his injury or help in nailing his other hand down.

Story from Bangor Daily News

You know, something tells me this guy didn't think this through before he started. He called 911 when he "discovered" that he wouldn't be able to nail the second hand to the cross . . . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: . . . interesting. :doh:

Yup.. and I guess he was not planning on doing his feet either

:loser:

Casshew said:
Yup.. and I guess he was not planning on doing his feet either

:loser:

I guess he coulda done the feet first, then one hand and then discovered out he was stupid! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

THIS IS SAD!!!

Has anyone ever felt that life was so unbearable, EVER???

School kids feel it after a day of ridicule, teenagers feel it after a day of peer pressures, and many feel it after a day of total rejection, loneliness, despair.
It isn't right, but think about the pain, mentally, that this person was going through, NOT the "stupid" thing he was doing.

Let's see, humh~~ "delusional" -> mental disorder?
"suicide note" -> depression?
"call to 911" -> reaching out for help?

Who are we to sit here and pass judgement???

I am sorry for not seeing the humor in this, however, if this man were to read this, do you feel that he would laugh or think of an "alternate" way to end the pain??

I send prayers to him for healing, both in the physical and mental aspect ~ as well as for those that read with their eyes ONLY!

May God Bless Him & Hold Him Close,
With LOVE,
FindLorne

findlorne said:
Who are we to sit here and pass judgement???

I don't know... but I think you just passed some judgements on others yourself!

You've just met the family member of a missing person. A missing person who was diagnosed with mental illness short before he went missing.

Her heart aches for things she cannot control. I cannot tell you what she feels, but I can tell what I feel when I hear the voices of these familes.

They are completely broken. Nothing can fix the pain.

But, we can lift the missing and those who search for them in prayer.
Sadly, the last ten days have brough two missing persons hoaxes into our view....mine, Kelly Jolkowski (mother of missing Jason from Nebraska) and FindLorne (aunt of missing Lorne Boulet from New Hampshire, who is now doing research for me and Kelly and others).

Our hearts and our trust are disheveled at this time. It seems this time we may be able to take legal action against the perp of the hoax.

Any and all prayers would be appreciated, for us who search, and for those who would pull such a hoax to begin with.

With love and hope, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie