Physical Evidence

STEADFAST

Reaction score
I don't want to lose the discussion we're on about the blood and crowbar, etc., while I'm at work today. Can we move it here so we can keep it easy to find?

Someone please clear something up for me. Did the Murder take place in the Garage. And if it was in the Garage did they have a garage door. The reason
I ask this is if they do have garage door and Christina did not park in Garage
then it could be possible for him to cover this up and her not know. Some people us there garage for storeage and do not use or go into it on a daily bases. I know that we Park our Harley's in the Garage and unless we are going to ride the motorcycles we very seldom go into the garage. So if the
murder took place in the garage he could have had time to clear it up without her knowledge.

The blood was in more than one location, I believe.
"But the question is, of course, when she got back, remember, eventually, did she in the days to come -- did she smell that fresh paint? What about the fresh blood that was said to be covering the living room walls and ceiling? And he covered that up. What did she think about that? And what was she told?"
"Would she have been out on the first blow? Now, before you answer, let me remind you that according to the reports that we have, documents we have, there was blood all over the home, which to me says she tried to get away."
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../17/ng.01.html
progress.gif

with blood being in the garage & IN the home, it makes me think that Cesar may have chased Maria, while hitting her, through the house...or at least from the garage into the home or the other way around.....

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/11/acd.02.html

The sheriff certainly doesn't believe that is the case tonight especially given the evidence of the blood in the garage, blood on other walls in the house. And also there's some evidence tonight Anderson that whoever did cause this had also tried to paint over the blood that's on the walls. So clearly there was an effort to try and cover it up.

SuziQ
IMO, people under attack inside a building try to get OUT. I'm thinking the garage is where the attack ended. But who knows?
It's really important, I think, to know whether the attack began or ended in the garage. If it began in the garage, then -- if the murder weapon really is a crowbar -- it could be a spur-of-the-moment thing. It wouldn't be unusual for a crowbar to be sitting around the garage. But if it began in the living room, I think Laurean (s?) must have been planning it, unless their living room in unusually filled with random tools.

When was the crowbar borrowed?

i don't think it's actually been established that there was a crowbar....at least LE hasn't officially stated this yet, sooooo there's been no date as to when it may have been borrowed....

correct me if i'm wrong...

i don't think it's actually been established that there was a crowbar....at least LE hasn't officially stated this yet, sooooo there's been no date as to when it may have been borrowed....

Also I don't think they've said that the murder weapon was borrowed. They just said a witness came forward with it.

with blood being in the garage & IN the home, it makes me think that Cesar may have chased Maria, while hitting her, through the house...or at least from the garage into the home or the other way around.....

Did they move her until they figured out what to do with her? (Meaning her body, not her alive..although..perhaps that too, is possible.)

Apologies for a possible insensitive question- BUT is it just one hit that constitutes "blunt force trauma" or multiple strikes...Both?

Maybe a bit OT for the thread..BUT has there been any mention of where their child was during the time this all occurred?

[
QUOTE=golfmom;1921079]http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=7614196&nav=ZolHbyvj

...Brown says tests show blood in two areas of Laurean's home...and that someone tried to hide the blood by painting over it. Investigators say luminol, a chemical used to detect traces of blood, revealed that there was a large amount of blood before the attempted cleanup.
[/QUOTE]

If the murder took place in the garage and the large amount of blood was in this location then maybe he transfered some of the blood when cleaning up to other parts of the house. It was detected when they use luminol. I guess I have been watching too much CSI.

Did they move her until they figured out what to do with her? (Meaning her body, not her alive..although..perhaps that too, is possible.)

Apologies for a possible insensitive question- BUT is it just one hit that constitutes "blunt force trauma" or multiple strikes...Both?

MORRONE: I agree. There`s only one that a crowbar could take something out -- decapitation. Take them off at her vertebrae. But multiple strikes would be necessary.

GRACE: So this woman experienced intense pain before her death.

MORRONE: Yes. Absolutely.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/17/ng.01.html

Maybe a bit OT for the thread..BUT has there been any mention of where their child was during the time this all occurred?

could very well have been multiple strikes....i'm guessing this is the case, with so much blood, & spatter on the ceiling....

eta...haven't heard a word of where their child was, during this time period....

could very well have been multiple strikes....i'm guessing this is the case, with so much blood, & spatter on the ceiling....

eta...haven't heard a word of where their child was, during this time period....

There wouldn't be cast off splatter (ceiling) with just one blow. The object would come down and then pulled back, then blood would come. Might be very little blood on the weapon, but it would be the next blow where it would come into contact with blood from the first strike. When the weapon was pulled back the second time, blood would have been thrown behind or above depending on the angle. So she had to be hit multiple times.:(

There wouldn't be cast off splatter (ceiling) with just one blow. The object would come down and then pulled back, then blood would come. Might be very little blood on the weapon, but it would be the next blow where it would come into contact with blood from the first strike. When the weapon was pulled back the second time, blood would have been thrown behind or above depending on the angle. So she had to be hit multiple times.:(

exactly.....

They had the captain on Greta last night stating that someone had the item in their possession, caught the news stories, and put 2 and 2 together and made the call.

We were speculating in chat last night that perhaps, it was an item sold at their yard sale....the person caught the news stories and was like Holy &%&! and called police....Purely speculation - nothing has been confirmed BUT LE last night didn't deny that it was a crowbar either. Just that it was an item that was consistent w/ the injuries she had (or similar terminology)

Could it be they know, but they're not saying 100% till all tests are run, so as not to jeopardize the case? Not entirely up to speed on how it all works...

TIA!

MORRONE: I agree. There`s only one that a crowbar could take something out -- decapitation. Take them off at her vertebrae. But multiple strikes would be necessary.

GRACE: So this woman experienced intense pain before her death.

MORRONE: Yes. Absolutely.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0801/17/ng.01.html

WAIT - Could That be why he stated she slit her throat? Because he decapitated her? Maybe not on purpose (set out to do it) But it just "happened"

SPECULATION ONLY BELOW THIS POINT!!!
Let me clarify, Im sure the intention was to kill her, but maybe decaptitating her just happened (too much anger/adrenaline, got caught in the "moment" whatever, not excusing, trying to give an idea of what's in my head)..and that's where the story became that she slit her own throat, maybe it was supposed to look like she got into an accident, got assaulted etc. But after the decapitation occurred, he had to "cover it up" BIG TIME. IE dispose of her totally (or what he thought would be totally) Vs just "dumping" her somewhere?

I truly believe that Xtina knew about all of this, and participated in some form. BUT I'll play devils advocate against myself, and state this -

What if he killed her, and had her "hidden" Xtina came home "early" (After all, don't most Work/family xmas parties last longer than a couple hours) and he "told her" about it all. Hence the "are you still with me on this" BUT even so, wouldn't that make her guilty of participating in a cover up, lying, SOMETHING?

I'm having a terribly hard time coming to terms that she may "walk" away from all this. She may/will have her own demons from the experience, but she will still get to lead her life, see her daughter grow up, make friends, see/talk with family, she gets to CONTINUE LIVING. Maybe even with the possibility of having hubby around too. (she goes to him)

What about Maria and Gabriel? He didn't even get to take his first breath, Maria didn't get to welcome him into the world, hear his first cry, about labor, go nuts with just typical mommy stuff, see the peaceful contented smile while he's sleeping, NOTHING, it was snuffed away from her, w/o a second thought. When is this going to STOP? And then to top it all off, This devastated girl cannot even get peace in death. Stupid idiots of the W.B Church out of Kansas are planning a protest...About how this shows that God Hates the USMC. I believe it was Flowerchild who spoke/typed about standing up for Maria, and the countless others like her, and when that time was, and who going to do so. Well Dammit, that time is NOW!

Ok sorry...Ranting....Between Maria's and Meredith's cases I'm hit. I apologize :truce:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back