CT NY/MD/CT - Serial Killer, Carl Panzram, 1920s

PFF

Reaction score
Before his execution for murder in 1930 seriel killer Carl Panzram claimed that in 1920 he had killed 10 sailors in the summer of 1920 near New York City and threw their bodies into the river. A possible way to confirm his claims-did any unknown bodies turn up in New York City on/in summer of 1920?

Before his execution in 1930 seriel Killer Carl Panzram claimed to commited over 20 murders-(Including 7 in Africa}. Among his victiums:
August 9, 1923 killed an Uknown boy near New London CT. Panzram claimed victium was Jewish and had a uncle who was a NYC policeman.
1928-claimed to have killed a victium while burgling homes between Baltimore MD and Washington DC

I thought he said he killed 10 sailors in Africa.

Of course he said he killed a lot of people. I don't know too much about Panzram. Is there any book length treatment of him?

Harold Schechter ought to write a Panzram book. His speciality is historical serial murder cases.

I wonder if the guy wasn't maybe like a Henry Lee Lucas, though, and confessed to a lot of crimes he didn't commit.

Allegedly Panzram claimed to gone to Africa where he raped/killed a boy and then killed several rowers of a boat he had hired.

Article that gives brief details about investigation into the 1923 murder that C. Panzram confessed to:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...AAAIBAJ&pg=1512,4760643&dq=carl-panzram&hl=en
27 OCT 1928

Wow, that paper never overlooked any story it seems. Looks like just about every non-natural death that occurred in North America during that last week of October 1928 is reported in it. Just spent an entertaining hour browsing through it, gotta love those old ads. 70$ a month for a 6-room, wood-paneled apartment with three bathrooms! :eek:hwow:

The original Israel Keyes.

So from what I can gather, he committed 22 murders (including one in prison). This presumably doesn’t include the victim who was allegedly killed in self-defense.

Ten sailors in New York.
A boy in Angola.
Six natives in Angola.
Henry McMahon in Massachusetts.
The John Doe in Connecticut.
Alexander Luszzock/Uszacke in Pennsylvania.
Someone in Baltimore, Maryland.
Robert Warnke in Kansas.

Those are all from his autobiography. Hopefully, somebody here can dig up more information. I’m especially curious about the Baltimore victim.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back