TN - Rev. Martin Luther King Jr, 39, Memphis, 4 April 1968

What a wonderful read!
This part really makes me think:
"I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord."

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Although technically not a "Cold Case" because it was solved many years ago, and James Earl Ray convicted of murder, there will always be questions about the circumstances surrounding the assassination and subsequent investigations and trials.

Thought I would start this thread to invite comments, facts, opinions, and memories of that event which occurred on 4 April, 1968.

Today marks the 40th anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Although technically not a "Cold Case" because it was solved many years ago, and James Earl Ray convicted of murder, there will always be questions about the circumstances surrounding the assassination and subsequent investigations and trials.

Thought I would start this thread to invite comments, facts, opinions, and memories of that event which occurred on 4 April, 1968.

Well it has been two and a half years since I started this thread and there have been no comments and only 140 views since that time. Guess I struck out on this one.

Even though James Earl Ray was eventually caught and convicted, there have always been some disturbing contradictions and unanswered questions about it.

We are haunted by the '60s because they are as ghosts in the American night, never to be stilled until justice is done.

Sirhan's bullet did not kill RFK, and James Earl Ray was every bit the patsy that Lee Harvey Oswald claimed to be.

Our national heart of darkness is a place where the actual assassins went free.

Well it has been two and a half years since I started this thread and there have been no comments and only 140 views since that time. Guess I struck out on this one.

Even though James Earl Ray was eventually caught and convicted, there have always been some disturbing contradictions and unanswered questions about it.

Richard,
I have always wondered about James Earl Ray's travels following the murder... And the idea that a petty criminal like Ray would do this killing just never did sit right...IMO Kind of strange the way MLK's brother died.Drowned in the pool at his house. Was supposedly a strong swimmer though..MOO

All JMO

Bumping this thread up. This year marked the 45 year anniversary of Martin Luther King's murder.

52 years today.

Cowardice asks the question, is it safe? Expediency asks the question, is it politic? Vanity asks the question, is it popular? But conscience asks the question, is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because it is right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back