Maria Lauterbach

SNIPS:

Her father, Victor Lauterbach, is an Air Force Reserve master sergeant in the 87th Aerial Port Squadron, which is part of the 445th Airlift Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. The squadron is responsible for the on- and off-loading of equipment, cargo and personnel onto aircraft.

Marine Corps officials called the weekend of her high school graduation and said they wanted her to report to boot camp that Tuesday. "She thoroughly enjoyed boot camp," Mary Lauterbach said.

While in advance training, she injured her ankle and was assigned to a clerical position. At some point, she got a Marine Corps tattoo on her upper right arm.

Her mother said Maria, who was adopted at 19 months, tended to be a loner. The Lauterbachs have four younger children, too. "We did adopt her as a toddler. She was taken away from her natural parents," she said.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/story/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/01/12/ddn011208marinelocal.html?cxntlid=inform

I have a question. It may have been answered on one of these marathon threads and I did look, if I missed it, I'm sorry.
I know we have Mary Lauterbach stating in an interview that Maria had talked of giving the baby up for adoption. But, if that's the case, why name the baby Gabriella? Did she change her mind or was she still planning on an adoption?
Also, does anyone think the L's both were involved and knapped her to snatch the baby? I do not trust the wife's statements thus far. Plus we had reports of Cesar telling people his wife was pg, which as far as we know, she was not. I know how wives can get when they are threatened. And if her husband did indeed rape Maria (which I believe) and this baby was a result of that rape, could Christina have seen this as a way of getting even? Taking the baby?

I have a question. It may have been answered on one of these marathon threads and I did look, if I missed it, I'm sorry.
I know we have Mary Lauterbach stating in an interview that Maria had talked of giving the baby up for adoption. But, if that's the case, why name the baby Gabriella? Did she change her mind or was she still planning on an adoption?
Also, does anyone think the L's both were involved and knapped her to snatch the baby? I do not trust the wife's statements thus far. Plus we had reports of Cesar telling people his wife was pg, which as far as we know, she was not. I know how wives can get when they are threatened. And if her husband did indeed rape Maria (which I believe) and this baby was a result of that rape, could Christina have seen this as a way of getting even? Taking the baby?

Maria's MOTHER was pushing for Maria to put the baby up for adoption - Maria's roommate said Maria and her mother argued over the adoption vs MAria keeping the baby the day she died. It appears that Maria intended to KEEP the baby - who she thought was a boy - and had already named him and begun preparing for his arrival. It isn't certain when Maria decided this, but her friend on base said she and Maria were due at about the same time and BOTH were preparing to be "Moms" - no mention of adoption. And Maria had not arranged an adoption or contacted and agencies or chosen adoptive parents. Since Maria herself was adopted perhaps that was one reason she decided she wanted to keep her baby. She was Catholic and abortion was out of the question for her and I think at some point, so was giving up the baby for adoption. Maria was in her last few weeks of pregnancy and obviously had come to love her baby despite the ugly circumstances surrounding the conception.

I STILL wonder if Maria "keeping the baby" wasn't what set off - he was going to have a child AND child support - two very expensive, long-term and painful reminders to him and his wife and daughter of his "failure". I wonder if someone on the base who knew of Maria's change of heart told CL or Xtina that Maria was keeping the baby and NOT going to adopt it out???

My Opinion

[
QUOTE]I wonder if someone on the base who knew of Maria's change of heart told CL or Xtina that Maria was keeping the baby and NOT going to adopt it out???

Flowerchild,

I agree! Something set him off. I think he had a plan to get out of this still looking like the nice guy and maybe when he went to talk to Maria she told him she ws keeping the baby.

Flowerchild~it could be that! Or after getting off the phone with her mom she called him and told him look buddy i'm keeping the baby so your gonna have to deal with it.. Hispanic men are usually so protective and really BIG into their children so I am really surprised he would do this. I think Christina had alot to do with this. She probably ragged & nagged non-stop to him about it.

I STILL wonder if Maria "keeping the baby" wasn't what set off - he was going to have a child AND child support - two very expensive, long-term and painful reminders to him and his wife and daughter of his "failure". I wonder if someone on the base who knew of Maria's change of heart told CL or Xtina that Maria was keeping the baby and NOT

Lauterbach’s mom fills in some pieces of a daughter’s life
January 24, 2008 - 8:08AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF

She loved sports. She loved church. She was not a compulsive liar. Mary Lauterbach, the mother of the missing lance corporal found dead and buried in the backyard of Cpl. Cesar Laurean said there is much the public does not know about her daughter.
http://www.jdnews.com/news/lauterbach_54572___article.html/maria_daughter.html

I can tell you from personal experience that I named the daughter I placed for adoption. It wasn't the name that her adoptive family gave her, and that's fine with me. It's my own special name for her. Just my experience.

Lauterbach’s mom fills in some pieces of a daughter’s life
January 24, 2008 - 8:08AM
DAILY NEWS STAFF

She loved sports. She loved church. She was not a compulsive liar. Mary Lauterbach, the mother of the missing lance corporal found dead and buried in the backyard of Cpl. Cesar Laurean said there is much the public does not know about her daughter.
[URL="http://www.jdnews.com/news/lauterbach_54572___article.html/maria_daughter.html"]http://www.jdnews.com/news/lauterbach_54572___article.html/maria_daughter.html[/URL]

I'm beginning to wonder if they didn't intentionally mislead the public on what the Mother said, in a move to cover their butts. What better way than to make the victim look like the bad guy. They know they dropped the ball on this one.

Just my opinion.

Why not? It appears the Marine Corp did everything to thwart her efforts to bring charges against a male member of their military. Smearing her via her own mother was a convenient way to discredit her further and somehow make this seem of her own doing.

Maria's MOTHER was pushing for Maria to put the baby up for adoption - Maria's roommate said Maria and her mother argued over the adoption vs MAria keeping the baby the day she died. It appears that Maria intended to KEEP the baby - who she thought was a boy - and had already named him and begun preparing for his arrival. . . .
I STILL wonder if Maria "keeping the baby" wasn't what set off - he was going to have a child AND child support - two very expensive, long-term and painful reminders to him and his wife and daughter of his "failure". I wonder if someone on the base who knew of Maria's change of heart told CL or Xtina that Maria was keeping the baby and NOT going to adopt it out???

My Opinion

I agree. And add to that the fact that this has been swirling around in 's mind since 10/18/07, according to the presser:

"NCIS recommends no disciplinary action be initiated on the alleged rape until forensic evidence DNA can be retrieved from the child. Cpl Laurean denied having any sexual contact with LCpl Lauterbach and this was believed to be significant evidence."

So even if the baby is adopted by a loving family, knows that NCIS is gonna check its DNA and, if it's his, then the Marines will know that lied, obstructing an investigation, when he told them he "did not have sex with that woman."

:behindbar

Article in the local newspaper:

The Jacksonville Police Department issued a public assembly permit Friday to members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., but that action concerned at least one person who went to Tuesday's Jacksonville City Council meeting to make his opinion known.
The primitive Baptist church, headed by Pastor Fred Phelps, is most known for protesting military funerals and anything it perceives as related to homosexuality. It has come to Jacksonville to protest the U.S. Marine Corps, which it says God hates, and issues involving the death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

A regular poster on this case had posted several days ago.... I wish I could find it..... a theory, very well written, regarding what "the plan failed" meant.

The poster's theory and thoughts were that Maria may have originally told some people, including her Mother and Laurean, that there was a couple already chosen, who'd be adopting the baby.

At the time this theory was posted, we didn't know the exact time-line, and IIRC, the theory was that Maria bought the ticket to El Paso to meet the adoptive parents there.

Now we know that the bus ticket was purchased later (5PM), after the phone conversation with her Mother (2:30 PM).

I've been thinking a lot about that theory ever since it was posted.
It made so much sense to me. I too wondered if Maria had changed her
mind about giving her baby up for adoption to an already chosen couple.

According to the theory, Maria told her Mom in that last phone call...
and then she went to Laurean's to inform him that "the plan failed",
which then set him off and onto an angry rampage.

Does anyone else remember that theory or who posted it?
I'd love to re-read it, especially now that we have a little more
detailed time-line.

The poster's theory would work with any time-line and the additional
facts we've since received.

I can just see Laurean's expression, after thinking about and getting ready for the Xmas party that night, where he'd be meeting up with his wife, his daughter, Santa Clause, and all his buddies..... and then when Maria arrives at his doorstep and informs him of "the failed plan".

(Or maybe she called him first, telling him about her change of plans, and he told her to come over and talk... since he knew Christina was at the party.... and by the time Maria arrive at ' house, he may have already had a plan himself.... which did NOT fail !!!! :furious: )

The Jacksonville Police Department issued a public assembly permit Friday to members of the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan., but that action concerned at least one person who went to Tuesday's Jacksonville City Council meeting to make his opinion known.
The primitive Baptist church, headed by Pastor Fred Phelps, is most known for protesting military funerals and anything it perceives as related to homosexuality. It has come to Jacksonville to protest the U.S. Marine Corps, which it says God hates, and issues involving the death of Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach.

That is really wierd!
And I'm not sure how biblical it is either.

Is this group implying that God approves of certain murders?

:eek:

That is really wierd!
And I'm not sure how biblical it is either.

Is this group implying that God approves of certain murders?

:eek:

No, I did not put the whole article. I think they were referring to their position of NCIS and the USMC mistreating Maria which eventually led to her death.
:bang:

Link?

http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/13862522.html

Church Plans To Picket Outside Camp Lejeune

Jan 17, 2008 - The murder of Maria Lauterbach has attracted the attention of a controversial church based in Kansas.
The Westboro Baptist Church is planning to picket outside Camp Lejeune this Saturday and next Saturday. Westboro Baptist Church members claim the deaths of U.S. military service men and women around the world is God's way of punishing America for its tolerance of homosexuality.

That was last week but it didn't happen because they needed a permit, so now they plan to do it this weekend.

http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/14292932.html

Westboro Protest Brings About Traffic Detours

As an aside they also have plans to picket at any memorial or funeral for Heath Ledger. (because he played a homosexual in the movie Brokeback Mountain)

Go to JDNews.com/albums or special reports
Maria was planning on something - her car was up for sale - check out the sign in the back window,left side
or better still what was I thinking - we're they (CL & Xtina) going to sell it to some unsuspecting 0311 private for cash but let's say 'cash up front but sorry no title'
Maria played soccer - from the memorial in her front yard

http://www.jdnews.com/articles/lauterbach_54542___article.html/height_maria.html#

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back